Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bbythepier

Josh Willingham 2014 Outlook

86 posts in this topic

Totally unsexy, I get it. But his down season might have been attributed to a SB attempt gone bad in late April. Yep, his only SB lol. At least that is this guy's theory.

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/josh-willingham-stands-to-improve-in-2014/

In the Revere thread, I made reference to pairing him with Willingham as maybe a OF5 combo. Not sure they'll go that late, but here's hoping.

My main league counts OPS as a 6th category, very much looking to getting Josh sometime late as a 5th OF. Sneaky late round play in deeper OF leagues.

I think Revere goes sooner.

Man, you should never put too much stock in ST stats but he's been awful. .060 with no homers. Has anyone seen him?

I bought. He was sitting in the Waiver Wire. Look what he did healthy just 2 years ago. He was a Silver Slugger. And best of all he looks to be displaying better plate discipline. Take that with a grain of salt though since it's too small of a sample size.

That power is hard to find in FA and he's not gonna kill you like Dunn for instance.

any value the rest of this year? thoughts on him?

If he's available he's worth a flier. With Arcia rejoining the club at the same time the middle of that order could be interesting going forward. And the HR he hit yesterday was an absolute blast into the 2nd deck, no doubt the Hammer still has that power

any value the rest of this year? thoughts on him?

If he's available he's worth a flier. With Arcia rejoining the club at the same time the middle of that order could be interesting going forward. And the HR he hit yesterday was an absolute blast into the 2nd deck, no doubt the Hammer still has that power

Forgot to mention where that HR landed. It's good he pointed it out cause he was out with a wrist injury, that's doesn't bond well with power, so that's a really good sign it probably healed or is close to 100%. His power has always been legit, even in spacious ballparks like his home park which suppresses power.

think he will be benched for the couple of games @ Milw next week or will he be in LF?

Another bomb today. Up to 3 in his last 4 games. Is he maybe worth an add now?

The question is why wouldn't he?

His wrist looks healthy.

Power bats are hard to come by in the FA. His last healthy year was a Silver Slugger! Think he's worth an add if you need power.

When healthy Willingham has been a 360 OBP and ~30 HR kind of guy. Tbh I was surprised he was still available in my league. Glad I snagged him! Loved having him on my team 2 years ago.

I was deciding Willingham over Arcia because he does not kill your AVG that bad and is proven power, Arcia is more upside.

Loving every bit of The Hammer so far. He's batting for AVG and his K:BB is great. I know its a small sample size. But rather see this in the early going than 1:14 and .240 AVG. He's always been a power bat but was skeptic with his wrist injury, but not anymore. His hitting the ball not just out of the parks, but out of the Stadium.