yankeefan2116

Raimel Tapia - OF COL

Recommended Posts

10-22 in his first 5 games at AAA (2 doubles and 1 triple). He does have 3 SB's but 2 CS to go along with it. He may not have alot of power or speed but he can hit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hitting .412 in his first 17

at bats since the call up. It's a small sample size, but he doesn't seem fazed at all being in the majors. Hope he gets a shot at starting next year if another OF or 2 gets moved by the Rockies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can definitely see the Rockies moving one of Blackmon or CarGo in the offseason to open up a spot for Tapia. He's been impressive so far, been exactly as advertised. Great contact skills, doesn't walk much but also doesn't strikeout a ton. His K% is a little high for him at 15.8% but that's still super impressive. Love him going forward with his home games at Coors! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With David Dahl possibly out for OD, any chance th Rockies are all in for this year and have Tapia start in the OF and make Parra their 4th OF?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, countseth said:

With David Dahl possibly out for OD, any chance th Rockies are all in for this year and have Tapia start in the OF and make Parra their 4th OF?

 

One of Tapia's top comps is actually Parra. Would he even be an upgrade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2017 at 7:51 PM, Light Tower Power said:

 

One of Tapia's top comps is actually Parra. Would he even be an upgrade?

Everyone talks about Parra like he sucks. Dude was 10/10 in 2013, 14/14 in 2015. Lots of injuries last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2017 at 5:51 PM, Light Tower Power said:

 

One of Tapia's top comps is actually Parra. Would he even be an upgrade?

 

I haven't heard that comp, but it doesn't seem right to me either way.  Ha

 

Tapia's ceiling is way higher than Parra's every has been

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just picked him up. 

 

I get that the PT might be difficult but he should already be their 4th OF. 

 

One more ore injury and he's a starter I think. 

 

Im more concerned about his lackluster spring so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is he going to start the season with the club?  He's playing pretty well and I don't see any way that Dahl doesn't start on the DL. 

Edited by bigmarc27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bigmarc27 said:

Is he going to start the season with the club?  He's playing pretty well and I don't see any way that Dahl doesn't start on the DL. 

Logically, it helps his chances with Desmond going down as well:

 

Reynolds at 1B, Parra at LF (at 1st when Reynolds is out), when either sits LF is wide open for Tapia. 

 

Unfortunately, its the Rockies and they often never go the logical route. They're probably pushing him back if they have a way to control another year on him contractually. 

    -Jaded Rockies Fan Here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2017 at 10:50 AM, Dark Kn19ht said:

Logically, it helps his chances with Desmond going down as well:

 

Reynolds at 1B, Parra at LF (at 1st when Reynolds is out), when either sits LF is wide open for Tapia. 

 

Unfortunately, its the Rockies and they often never go the logical route. They're probably pushing him back if they have a way to control another year on him contractually. 

    -Jaded Rockies Fan Here

 

And at some point Dahl will be back right???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Wild Thing said:

 

And at some point Dahl will be back right???

 

It looks like he will start the season on the DL. His rib is still healing but he could start swinging a bat in a couple of weeks if all goes well with his recovery. He could return in about 4-5 weeks 

Edited by Under500Forever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, countseth said:

Tapia just optioned to AAA. Guess all our logic was moot. 

Oof. Might drop him now... can only carry 26 and I'm not sure I can invest that roster spot on him now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, countseth said:

Tapia just optioned to AAA. Guess all our logic was moot. 

Doesn't surprise me. It's always something.

 

They'll have to look finally take serious serious looks at trading one of Blackmon/Gonzalez/Parra once Tapia is crushing and Dahl is back. 

 

I just hope this Tapia kid has a little more in the tank than avg. the rockies already have plenty of that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off to great start this year in AAA. I wonder if the Rockies would trade him later on the year, since there doesn't seem to be room in the majors for him with their stacked outfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2017 at 8:29 AM, cltubbs said:

Off to great start this year in AAA. I wonder if the Rockies would trade him later on the year, since there doesn't seem to be room in the majors for him with their stacked outfield.

 

Seems highly doubtful they would trade Tapia - it would make more sense for them to get out of CarGo's contract or cash in on Blackmon's value in a trade.  They're off to a nice start, but if they're 10 games back come July they might want to upgrade their already good farm system by dealing one of their outfielders to make room for Tapia.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Multiple hits in 7 straight. Too bad the kid is blocked. And that's even with Dahl on the DL and Desmond playing 1B. 

 

Maybe the Nats would be looking to deal for an OF. Rockies could get a decent pitcher in return for one of their surplus of OFs I would think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, machine3 said:

Multiple hits in 7 straight. Too bad the kid is blocked. And that's even with Dahl on the DL and Desmond playing 1B. 

 

Maybe the Nats would be looking to deal for an OF. Rockies could get a decent pitcher in return for one of their surplus of OFs I would think. 

Just tough cause a trade away from Coors kind of destroys his value. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, machine3 said:

Multiple hits in 7 straight. Too bad the kid is blocked. And that's even with Dahl on the DL and Desmond playing 1B. 

 

Maybe the Nats would be looking to deal for an OF. Rockies could get a decent pitcher in return for one of their surplus of OFs I would think. 

 

Things are far worse now because Reynolds is hitting very well. Dahl may not even have a place to play when he comes back.  I hope he stays in colorado obviously but I don't think a trade away from Coors will affect his value tremendously. He is known for his ability to barrel up on the ball and that should happen anywhere. It will crush any hopes of him hitting any more then 12 homeruns though. 

 

In Colorado he has .300 , 20 homers , 20 SB's upside heir

away from Coors he could still be a .300 hitter with 10 homeruns and 20  

 

 

Edited by Under500Forever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, in 88 AB's this year  he is hitting .386/.426/.994. He doesn't have any HR's but he has 18 runs, 16 RBI and 7 SB's

Edited by Under500Forever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely love Tapia.

 

His best path to playing time would be CarGo getting moved and Reynolds turning back into Mark Reynolds.  That would open up 1b for Desmond as planned and an OF consisting of Blackmon, Dahl and Tapia with Parra as the 4th.  

 

This guy has .300 20/20 upside in Coors.  Potential fantasy monster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not convinced he has 20 homer pop in his bat even at coors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now