Sidearmer

Rotoworld Blurb Mistake/Argument Thread

Saw this on the football thread, figured I'd get it going on here.

Mark Mulder suffered an ankle injury during warmups on Saturday, and is unlikely to make his scheduled bullpen session.

The severity of the injury remains unknown, but the team should have an update on his status shortly. It's unlikely that this injury sets him back very far in his comeback attempt. Feb 15 - 1:12 PM

Ended up with a ruptured Achilles, probably done for the year.

Edited by Sidearmer

Carlos Gonzalez went 2-for-4 and homered for the Rockies' lone run Monday against the Marlins.

Gonzalez hit a no-doubt homer on what wasn't a bad pitch from Jose Fernandez. It was his first since last July 20.

I guess no one at Rotoworld actually saw the game...or at least the homerun because that pitch couldn't have been more perfect to crush. It was a straight BP fastball and Cargo did exactly what he should do with it. How can they possibly say it was a good pitch.

Carlos Gonzalez went 2-for-4 and homered for the Rockies' lone run Monday against the Marlins.

Gonzalez hit a no-doubt homer on what wasn't a bad pitch from Jose Fernandez. It was his first since last July 20.

I guess no one at Rotoworld actually saw the game...or at least the homerun because that pitch couldn't have been more perfect to crush. It was a straight BP fastball and Cargo did exactly what he should do with it. How can they possibly say it was a good pitch.

Roto logic = Fernandez threw a great game = fernandez didn't throw bad pitches = CarGo hit a pitchers pitch out

/blurb

• Like 2

Desmond Jennings went 2-for-3 with a walk, a double, an RBI, and a stolen base against the Blue Jays on Tuesday.

Jennings has been solid in the first two games of the regular season, logging four hits, including two doubles, in seven at-bats. Last season, he had 30-plus doubles, nearly 15 home runs, and 20 stolen bases. If he can reprise the performance, he'll be a valuable fantasy option.

Actually he had two doubles today. So that means he has three doubles in seven at bats. Don't be short on my break out candidate!

Wade Miley hung on to win his 2014 season debut on Tuesday against the Giants, allowing four runs on six hits over seven frames.

He struck out five and issued one free pass. As an exercise in perseverance, Miley greatly succeeded in his first start of the new campaign. In the first inning, it was no guarantee that he'd reach even the third. Miley's season began with this unfortunate sequence: single, pop out, single, RBI single, strike out, wild pitch, three-run Brandon Belt homer. After that? Smooth sailing, as a runner didn't reach again until Buster Posey's two-out sixth-inning walk, a stretch of 15 consecutive downed batsmen. Miley will toe the rubber again in Colorado on Sunday.

This error is hilarious because they mentioned it 3 times in one blurb. Kept referencing that today was his debut. I guess they forgot he made a start in Australia a week ago!!!

I caught that too lol ^

edit: in fairness, I still have been referring to anything that happened over those two games, only to happen from April 30-onward as "the first __ of the year!" ....but still, for official purposes, that error was just so blatant. And x3. : -] ...

Edited by Milk Me

Marlon Byrd had another two-hit day, going 2-for-3 with a walk against the Rangers on Tuesday.

Byrd's reunion with the Phillies has started off well. He has reached base in half of his ten plate appearances, and he even flashed some leather in right field on Tuesday, doubling off Mitch Moreland at first base after catching a Donnie Murphy line drive. Many are expecting Byrd's offense to drop off after breaking out with a career-high 34 homers last season at the age of 35, but he'll undoubtedly be a huge upgrade in right field for the Phillies.

Apr 1 - 11:26 PM

Somebody has sausage fingers. Byrd only hit 24 homers last year. NOT 34. LoL!

And this

Melky Cabrera went 2-for-5 and scored a run against the Rays on Tuesday.

Cabrera missed the final two months of the 2013 season with a suspension for his involvement in the Biogenesis scandal. He finished with a .279 batting average, a far cry from the .346 and .305 he posted in the previous two seasons. Perhaps a season free of interruption will allow him to regain his form.

Ummm yeah, he was just hurt last year. That suspension was in 2012, ya know, when he played for the Giants, not 2013. Perhaps they got caught in the space time hole? Quick guys, send Doc Brown and Marty in the DeLorean!

Edited by th3jok3r
  • Like 1

Marlon Byrd had another two-hit day, going 2-for-3 with a walk against the Rangers on Tuesday.

Byrd's reunion with the Phillies has started off well. He has reached base in half of his ten plate appearances, and he even flashed some leather in right field on Tuesday, doubling off Mitch Moreland at first base after catching a Donnie Murphy line drive. Many are expecting Byrd's offense to drop off after breaking out with a career-high 34 homers last season at the age of 35, but he'll undoubtedly be a huge upgrade in right field for the Phillies.

Apr 1 - 11:26 PM

Somebody has sausage fingers. Byrd only hit 24 homers last year. NOT 34. LoL!

And this

Melky Cabrera went 2-for-5 and scored a run against the Rays on Tuesday.

Cabrera missed the final two months of the 2013 season with a suspension for his involvement in the Biogenesis scandal. He finished with a .279 batting average, a far cry from the .346 and .305 he posted in the previous two seasons. Perhaps a season free of interruption will allow him to regain his form.

Ummm yeah, he was just hurt last year. That suspension was in 2012, ya know, when he played for the Giants, not 2013. Perhaps they got caught in the space time hole? Quick guys, send Doc Brown and Marty in the DeLorean!

Dude had a tumor removed from his spine

Jonathan Villar continued to struggle in Friday's extra-inning loss to the Rangers, going 0-for-4 with three strikeouts.

The young shortstop is now hitting a paltry .200/.263/.429 on the season. While he has good speed and plays tremendous defense, he'll need to do more at the plate or could risk a demotion to Triple-A.

This one stuns me. Don't understand how Villar is "continuing" to struggle. He has 2 HR and 3 SB. Everyone knew he wasn't an average hitter. But the worst part is tremendous defense. He is putrid at defense.

Edited by Sidearmer

OMG. LOL @ this thread idea. i dont have a blurb to put out there but I CANNOT be the only one who notices the constant misspelling and grammar issues. never cease to amaze me. nothing serious, but they have some pretty funny typos here and there

The impossible dream - to have the RW blurb writers realize that phrasal adjectives are not hyphenated when the first adverb ends in -ly. "Surgically repaired" is not hyphenated folks!!

• Like 1

OMG. LOL @ this thread idea. i dont have a blurb to put out there but I CANNOT be the only one who notices the constant misspelling and grammar issues. never cease to amaze me. nothing serious, but they have some pretty funny typos here and there

i lol at you're post aboutz the gramar. even funnier with the no capitals and stuff.

*I'm just giving you kidding with you, but it is kind of funny.

Edited by The Czar

What was the velocity on the pitch?

i lol at you're post aboutz the gramar. even funnier with the no capitals and stuff.

Yeah but you're apostrophe placement was flawless.

Yeah but you're apostrophe placement was flawless.

It twas on purpose. Sarcasm and all that stuff.

I posted this in the Alex Guerrero thread but since I think it is a mistake I'll re-post it here where it probably belongs more. Didn't notice this thread earlier.

This is from the overnight pop-up blurb on Yahoo that Rotoworld does:

Fri, Apr 11

Alex Guerrero was called up from the minors on Sunday March 30.

(Rotoworld.com)

They actually double posted it too. Now they have added above it without bolding the date like they usually do:

(4/12 @Ari)

Not officially on the active roster.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

What the hell? :blink:

Starlin Castro went 2-for-4 with an RBI in Saturday's loss to the Cardinals.

Castro has hit sixth in fix out of the last six games. It will be interesting to see Cubs manager Rick Renteria considers moving him up near the top of the order, but perhaps he shouldn't mess with a good thing right now. At least he should get more RBI chances where he is now.

Rotoworld writing about Revere being out two games in a row, wondering if there is an underlying issue or just rest after the 3k game....

Every Phils beat writer has already said more than 24 hours ago that he's out with a rib injury from the dive he made on Wednesday. Who is writing these blurbs?

What the hell? :blink:

Starlin Castro went 2-for-4 with an RBI in Saturday's loss to the Cardinals.

Castro has hit sixth in fix out of the last six games. It will be interesting to see Cubs manager Rick Renteria considers moving him up near the top of the order, but perhaps he shouldn't mess with a good thing right now. At least he should get more RBI chances where he is now.

I had to read it about 10 times to make sure that I wasn't just being stupid and not getting it. I have no idea who wrote this but they must have smoked a huge bowl before doing so.

• Like 1

I saw this last week about Charlie Morton. It's just worded really strangely, and it's basically just saying "If everything possible goes well for this pitcher, he might be able to be an all-star". Which is just s---y advice/writing.

Morton should get a ton of grounders with his sinker, and if he's a decent strikeout pitcher, too, then he has legitimate All-Star potential.

• Like 1

I think some of you guys under estimate how difficult it is to keep up with so many players and write an interesting "blurb". Yea some of them deserve to be scrutinized, but cut them some slack.

• Like 1

I saw this last week about Charlie Morton. It's just worded really strangely, and it's basically just saying "If everything possible goes well for this pitcher, he might be able to be an all-star". Which is just s---y advice/writing.

Morton should get a ton of grounders with his sinker, and if he's a decent strikeout pitcher, too, then he has legitimate All-Star potential.

Man that is brutal. I read it 3 times and just gave up.