Sidearmer

Rotoworld Blurb Mistake/Argument Thread

Trea Turner will undergo an X-ray Tuesday to see how much his fractured right wrist has healed.
Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo said Sunday that Turner's recovery is coming along nicely but the outfielder has yet to resume baseball activities. It's unclear whether he might be cleared for activities if Tuesday's exam shows sufficient healing. Turner has already missed nearly four weeks of action. Jul 23 - 2:44 PM

hmm I've been stupid waiting for my SS to return 

Dry humor?

Stuart Turner is going on paternity leave after Thursday's game.  No reason was given, but we're guessing his significant other is having a baby. The Reds lack a healthy third catcher on their 40-man, so they'll have to add someone, probably Rob Brantly.

I mean, I guess there are other possibilities (adoption, etc.), but if he was having the baby himself, I think his doctors would advise him to stay off the field.

Can you really blame the media for not knowing if it was his "significant other" or -other- "significant other"?

i mean I don't consider myself old fashioned by any means. But if you're going to have a baby with someone, you might as well marry her. You'll be looking at her for at least the next 18 years anyway. 

Joey Cora is so talented that not only has he assumed the identity of his own brother but has taken his job as manager of the red sox while still interviewing to become the bench coach.  In theory since he is now manager he would get to hire himself.  Does that mean if Joey Cora the manager gets thrown out that Joey Cora the bench coach can stay in the dugout and manager?  Sorry Alex. It's Joey's time to shine. 

Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that Pirates' third base coach Joey Cora could become the Red Sox' new bench coach.

He's the elder brother of Red Sox' new manager Joey Cora and there is growing belief that the two would like to unite. He previously functioned as the Marlins' bench coach during the 2012 season.

• Like 2

Why wouldn't Joey Cora want to "unite" with Joey Cora?

• Like 2

Something is rotten in Denmark.

Charlie Morton gave up just one run in the last four innings to earn the win in the Astros 5-1 victory over the Dodgers in Game 7 on Wednesday.

Morton was excellent in this series, giving up just one run in 10 1/3 innings. He tore up the Astros bats with his hard, boring fastball, and he gave up just two hits while striking out four. There was lots of talk about Dallas Keuchel and Justin Verlander coming in to pitch on Wednesday, but in all honesty, they weren't necessary. The improvement Morton showed this year is a key reason why the Astros were able to hoist the trophy after the game.
  • Like 2

Myers OKs move to OF if Padres land Hosmer

"Heyman reports that Myers was recently called by the Padres, and he didn't hesitate in stating his willingness to move to the outfield. San Diego has been one of the few teams that have been mentioned as suitors for Hosmer early on, and this seems to confirm their seriousness in his pursuit. The move could hurt Myers fantasy value, as his stolen base value decreases substantially if he's playing in the outfield."

I'll probably feel dumb when I hear the response, but why does a move to the outfield impact Myers stealing bases? 

1 hour ago, GatorKen said:

Myers OKs move to OF if Padres land Hosmer

"Heyman reports that Myers was recently called by the Padres, and he didn't hesitate in stating his willingness to move to the outfield. San Diego has been one of the few teams that have been mentioned as suitors for Hosmer early on, and this seems to confirm their seriousness in his pursuit. The move could hurt Myers fantasy value, as his stolen base value decreases substantially if he's playing in the outfield."

I'll probably feel dumb when I hear the response, but why does a move to the outfield impact Myers stealing bases? 

Padres logic is gonna be something along the lines of "He has to run more in the OF, meaning his legs stronger, so he can run faster to steal bases."

It decreases because 25 SBs for a 1B is way more rare than 25 SBs from ur OFer. So his fantasy value decreases from a positional change like that. However, with that said........it won't matter for next season anyways because he retains 1B eligibility. The decrease in value wouldn't be felt until 2019 provided he doesn't get the minimum games played at 1B as the primary backup on Hosmer's days off. 

9 hours ago, JeterPimpedUrGF said:

It decreases because 25 SBs for a 1B is way more rare than 25 SBs from ur OFer. So his fantasy value decreases from a positional change like that. However, with that said........it won't matter for next season anyways because he retains 1B eligibility. The decrease in value wouldn't be felt until 2019 provided he doesn't get the minimum games played at 1B as the primary backup on Hosmer's days off. 

do you work for the padres? i have no idea what you said.

32 minutes ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

do you work for the padres? i have no idea what you said.

Really?!?!? I just feel like this is u trolling me after I was nice enough to take the time and sign in and explain why the value of 25 SB's changes when a player's position does as well. What a joke. 

Edited by JeterPimpedUrGF

14 minutes ago, JeterPimpedUrGF said:

Really?!?!? I just feel like this is u trolling me after I was nice enough to take the time and sign in and explain why the value of 25 SB's changes when a player's position does as well. What a joke. 

I was just kidding dude, honest. Sorry!

19 hours ago, JeterPimpedUrGF said:

This is a great explanation.  Thank you JPUGF.  The value relative to the position did not occur to me.  It seemed Rotoworld meant he would steal fewer bases and I didn't process that line of thinking.