Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gains

Dri Archer 2014 Season Outlook

30 posts in this topic

Is Archer CJ2K2.0? he is tavon's size so CJ had 20+ lbs on him at combine and closer to 30 lbs now.

0.02 seconds from CJ's record.

Does archer have a future as the burning-est burner to ever burn?

or does he go the way of say, Trindon Holiday as just to small to be more then a return/gadget guy.

I heard sproles type guy.......but sproles also has 20 lbs on him and is a lot thicker.

He's a gadget guy. A better comparion would be McCluster type. I think that is his ceiling.

1 person likes this

He's a gadget guy. A better comparion would be McCluster type. I think that is his ceiling.

Hit it on the nail. Guys Tavon Austins size very rarely succeed. I think everyone is hyping him up because of his 40 speed.

breaking news: guy with fast 40 doesn't translate to nfl success

in other news, we now go live to the scene where we believe our sources have confirmed the sky is blue.

more at 11.

2 people like this

175 lbs soaking wet, coming out of the MAC, and trying to establish consistent playing time in the NFL is all I need to know.

I'd be surprised if any team (except the Raiders) reaches for him before the 4th round.

He could work out, but I'll let someone else draft him this year... no relevant upside in 2014 unless your league scores return yardage.

I rank this guy right below Usain Bolt. This is the type of player who needs to "prove it" before you draft him.

He's behind Bell and Blount in the RB department on the steeler offense. Nothing to see here unless they line him up as a WR.

He's behind Bell and Blount in the RB department on the steeler offense. Nothing to see here unless they line him up as a WR.

Being behind them doesn't mean anything, if he's not deployed anywhere near the same.

How far down the RB depth chart was Sproles? Woodhead? Vereen?

Not saying he's worth drafting, just that 'depth charts' don't mean much when discussing gadget players.

1 person likes this

agreed depth chart with players like this means nothing, i have read they are using him all around....and if he gets 5 to 10 touches(PPR) plus punt/kick returns i think he will be a more than useful flex player...

One of my favorite deep sleepers this year. I will be watching with a keen eye.

i couldn't care less about the depth chart. he'll never be a 20 carry between the tackles RB so obviously blount is the "backup", but this guy is already getting reps with starters and being lined up all over the field.

huge potential in ppr with RB eligibility. watch 2:!7 and 4:58.

was at the game ... all i can say is he passes the eye test.

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Steelers-at-Giants-Dri-Archer-46-yd-reception/efbe644e-de69-4546-a1b0-5dd086a777b2

he made this look so effortless. love his RB eligibility - especially in ppr. the ability to score every time he touches the ball is cool too.

i couldn't care less about the depth chart. he'll never be a 20 carry between the tackles RB so obviously blount is the "backup", but this guy is already getting reps with starters and being lined up all over the field.

huge potential in ppr with RB eligibility. watch 2:!7 and 4:58.

the way he burns the safety on the first TD : priceless

Kid looked really good in his first preseason game and if ho we played is any indication of his production in the regular season I may just have to draft him. Any steeler fans out there can give more insight on this kid and how he will be used and avg touches a game?

I've read 8-10 touches but think that may include kick returns. But I could easily see 8-10 plus kick returns which could kick him up to 12-14 range varying on game control if he has a good preseason

Dri could be as good as B.Cooks or better if he was in the N.O. offense. He is a burner with great football skills.

He's more natural RB than WR but he can do both well.

Doubt Bell and Blount get suspended yet, but they could both seriously be in Tomlin's dog house though. What a tough position for coach... he can't bench both Bell and Blount, can he?

They gotta be suspended. The way everyone came crashing down on the comparisons of people getting suspended more for possession than hitting your wife, the NFL isn't probably pulling many punches. I already had an eye on Archer and picked him up in some Dynasty/deep keeper leagues. He'll have some bigger early value, especially if he continues to flash that talent.