Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bbythepier

Michael Bourn 2014 Outlook

26 posts in this topic

19:00 mark, Fantasy Focus

I just don't get Karabell here. Something along the lines "A lot of people in the fantasy world think speed ages better than power". Maybe players who rely on speed age as baseball players better than those who rely on power, but speed stats (SB,3B) don't age better than power stats (HR,2B). We know that SBs tend to fall off a cliff for guys who average(d) 20+ SBs right where Aoki, Bourn, Rios are in age. http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/the-stolen-base-aging-curve-depicted/

We don't know exactly when it'll happen. But the precipice is close. (Whereas, Revere is at the peak of the SB aging curve.)

Stephania Bell- Yes, his early hammy discomfort is a red flag due to age and previous injury/procedures.

No thanks.

He's been going late for good enough value but if the hammy is gonna flare up then I'll pass.

Hamstring surgery. No steal attempts in spring. Hamstring issues again in spring. Pass.

Hamstring surgery. No steal attempts in spring. Hamstring issues again in spring. Pass.

On top of already being awful at stealing bases last year. Speed guys fall off quick. Look at Figgins. Bourn is closing to having his fantasy funeral.

Espn is reporting that he wants to return Sunday/today, but the team is leaning towards Tuesday.

He's in Akron this weekend still, he'll be with the team Tuesday against the Tigers.

Got pulled in the game. Not sure why. He had a bunt single in 3rd. Hoping not another leg issue.

"Left hamstring tightness for precautionary reasons." Left one is his bum one.

Great. Another DL stint?

They said it's precautionary so I wouldn't jump the gun on a DL stint yet.

Hamilton reporting that Bourn could get back in the lineup tomorrow. He's been running on the treadmill. Strictly precautionary as to why he left yesterday.

Was recently dropped in my league...wondering if I should grab him.

I just did in my 12 teamer. Haven't seen alot of him this year but from what I have seen it looks like he doesn't have any interest in SBs

I just did in my 12 teamer. Haven't seen alot of him this year but from what I have seen it looks like he doesn't have any interest in SBs

samesies. need runs and CLE offense is bustin out.

Pick the man up!... He's starting to get into the form he was in with Atlanta. Wish he was stealing more but shhhh can't complain

1 person likes this

grabbed him....dropping Soriano. I'm happy with that...stay hot Mike!