Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Palmetto08

Alexander Guerrero - 2B LAD

It was definitely a stupid provision on the Dodgers part.

I'd say Boras just made The Dodgers their .

Alex Guerrero's bat looks MLB ready to me. Defensively I'm sure it'll be a work in progress. But he should be a far better hitter than Uribe that his bat will out weigh his sub par defense.

I think you're underrating how outstanding Uribe has been defensively.

It was definitely a stupid provision on the Dodgers part.

I'd say Boras just made The Dodgers their .

Alex Guerrero's bat looks MLB ready to me. Defensively I'm sure it'll be a work in progress. But he should be a far better hitter than Uribe that his bat will out weigh his sub par defense.

I think you're underrating how outstanding Uribe has been defensively.

I doubt there's anyone on this forum who has seen more Juan Uribe than me. I'm a die hard White Sox fan and have a lot of love for Uribe.

A superior hitter vastly out weights a superior glove. Unless the glove is so bad that it's the absolute worst in the league.

Contrary to the Olivera thread, shouldn't this one be in the ML Forum like Joc since Guerrero had some ML at bats? Sorry to be that guy.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="FouLLine" data-cid="5387312" data-time="1427224371"><p><p><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="96mnc" data-cid="5387304" data-time="1427224094"><p> <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="FouLLine" data-cid="5387294" data-time="1427223835"> Hey, my initial thought was to agree with you. But then I looked at Uribe's WAR and was blown away. His glove rates outstandingly high.I'm not married to WAR by any stretch but when taking his defense into account and his production in that ballpark it makes sense.And Guerrero's glove might actually be that bad. Unless we're watching him everyday we can't say.

Hey, my initial thought was to agree with you. But then I looked at Uribe's WAR and was blown away. His glove rates outstandingly high.I'm not married to WAR by any stretch but when taking his defense into account and his production in that ballpark it makes sense.And Guerrero's glove might actually be that bad. Unless we're watching him everyday we can't say.

While his glove has been holding him back he seems to picked it up a bit after his offseason. From the Dodgers MLB site...

Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said Alex Guerrero looks more comfortable defensively this spring, and the Cuban infielder said he worked all winter to make that happen.

Guerrero said he practiced on his defense at the Boras Sports Training Institute at St. Thomas University in Miami.

"I know people say more about my offense," said Guerrero. "I wanted to level it out."

The academy, founded by his agent, Scott Boras, is supervised by former Major Leaguer Alex Ochoa. Guerrero worked out with a group that includedAlbert Almora, Kendrys Morales, Jose Iglesias, Everth Cabrera, Elvis Andrus, Champ Stuart and Justin Williams.

He has also been starting at SS and 3B as well during the spring. I just hope he is traded so he can get a chance at a f/t role. Would love to see what his bat can do over a full season.

Uribe went down. Good news for Alex?

Uribe and Turner both got hurt but they gave Guerrero an AB or two, then pulled him for Darwin Barney...I guess for defensive purposes but LAD was losing big so anyone's guess WTF they're going to do with Guerrero.

I personally wish they would just trade him away to a team that could actually use him in a true everyday role, whether it's at 2B, 3B or his original SS.

I see he's starting at 3B in the 7 spot tonight....will be interesting to see whether he plays the whole game.