Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Palmetto08

Alexander Guerrero - 2B LAD

Does he really have that much power? I haven't been able to watch him but that is a pretty generous projections for homers. Zips has him projected at 18 homers but in 665 at bats... which he won't get.

Is he projected to even see the team anytime soon?

The idea of a MI with this type of (potential) pop and a high OBP is tantilizing to me, but not if he's gonna be a bench player. If he is demoted, then a stash is one thing..... but I don't want to waste him on my bench. He strikes me as a type of player who will need to play daily to contribute in fantasy leagues anyway-- doesn't seem like the guy who can come in once or twice a week and put up 2 hits for a team.... I dunno a whole lot about him, except that he profiles to be a solid defender w/ some pop and he should have a good OBP. I don't think he has a ton of speed on the bases, but perhaps I'm getting confused and he has 10-15SB upside too-- but I think it's more like 3-7 upside...

Justin Turner starting at 2B Opening Day...

Do they plan to carry Guerrero, even?

I'd much rather see (and expect?) he goes down to AAA then in that case. What was is contract, 4 yrs and 26 mi or something?...

I know this is a Dodgers team with a devil-may-care attitude when it comes to spending, but at a point...

I am just intrigued because, well, let's be honest: Justin Turner is Justin Turner no matter how you wanna cut it. I can't see how the hell he is going to hold down the spot all season for that team with such aspirations for this year (and beyond- esp. when considering they signed Guerrero to be a part of the future, I would assume).

Is the verdict out on whether or not he's gonna be a bench warmer to begin the year, then? Much less incentive to even keep him in a bench spot stashed, even in deeper leagues knowing that he may just sit at the 25h man on their bench. I'd hope he is sent to AAA since he has been ruled out.. if anyone who follows LAD closer knows or knows when they'll make an announcement or the eta. I am monitoring this closely and would want to stash this guy on his power and OBP potential alone..MI is kind of scarce this year, or leagues that have a Mi slot in + to SS & 2B....

(thanks for letting me know about Turner, btw- I had no idea to be perfectly honest.)

Good deal.... here is to hoping he can make an impact this season.

Alexander Guerrero makes opening-day roster

by R.J. White | CBSSports.com

(10:54 pm ET) Dodgers infielder Alexander Guerrero has made the team's initial 25-man roster for Saturday's game against the Diamondbacks.

Guerrero was a candidate to be sent to the minors after struggling early the spring, but he breaks camp with the major-league team. He hit .300/.400/.500 in 30 at-bats this spring.

He was actually supposed to come in to pinch hit but then they changed the pitcher and he sat back down . Really curious to see what they plan to so wth him

shouldnt this thread be promoted to the main forum? Hes on the team right now in the regular season

I think so, but I would want a mod to weigh in. He was about to pinch hit and is on the 25 man roster as of now. Curious to see if he plays tonight

shouldnt this thread be promoted to the main forum? Hes on the team right now in the regular season

I think so, but I would want a mod to weigh in. He was about to pinch hit and is on the 25 man roster as of now. Curious to see if he plays tonight

Turner did not look great at second, I wonder how bad Guerrero could be.

Turner did not look great at second, I wonder how bad Guerrero could be.

Yeah and they hit him second. Really made no sense to me to have Guerrero and Gordon active but not start either one of them

Is there any way Guerrero isn't sent down to start the season?

I think it would be pretty crazy to have three middle infielders on their roster but I wouldn't say its impossible that he isn't up when they play their first games In the states

no real rush... Dee's been playing really well

Dee's running away with it, right now. Even added a HR last night.

They also said Kershaw just returned from the DL on the 30th.

Old boy even playing? Looks like Dee is doing everything in his power to hold down that job too.