Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Palmetto08

Alexander Guerrero - 2B LAD

give it a couple weeks...the real dee gordon will show up.

if not...than Guerrero would have to wait for an injury to either Hanley/Dee or Uribe to get PT

Eventually I'd like to see Uribe moved to the bench and move Hanley to 3B, move Dee back to his natural position at SS, and see what Guerrero can do for us at 2B...

Doubt that'll happen though. And I know it's early but Dee looks like a totally different player and looks like he could be the real deal.

3 for 3 last night with a hr, 2 rbi and a walk.

through 2 games, hitting a cool .857

3 for 3 last night with a hr, 2 rbi and a walk.

through 2 games, hitting a cool .857

Hes off to an ok start :ph34r:

Hopefully he just keeps mashing and forces a callup!

Assuming no injury to hanley, Gordon, or uribe, there's no room.

Hanley gets Playing time no matter what.

Gordon could regress, but has been solid. Team would want him to develop since he's young and only player with dynamic speed.

Uribe seems like the weakest link, but he's been hitting .350+.

Just for argument's sake, let's say that Hanley and Gordon keep hitting and Uribe is sent to bench. Would the organization dare send Hanley back to 3b? (It sounded like he did not like that move before). If not, would Guerrero be able to play 3B?

Assuming no injury to hanley, Gordon, or uribe, there's no room.

Hanley gets Playing time no matter what.

Gordon could regress, but has been solid. Team would want him to develop since he's young and only player with dynamic speed.

Uribe seems like the weakest link, but he's been hitting .350+.

Just for argument's sake, let's say that Hanley and Gordon keep hitting and Uribe is sent to bench. Would the organization dare send Hanley back to 3b? (It sounded like he did not like that move before). If not, would Guerrero be able to play 3B?

With the way Dee has been playing, either Hanley or Guerrero would have to play 3B. Honestly Uribe isn't a long term option anyway.

Alex went 0 for 3 tonight after a monster first two games.

No way the Dodgers are sitting Uribe. They just resigned him to two year $15 million contract. He is a superior defensive 3b over Hanley and most likely Guerrero. Dee Gordon is a mess at SS. Guerrero getting called up will depend on Gordons play.

Does a hand injury to Hanley create any room for this guy?

Probably. The obvious move would shift Gordon to SS and call up Guerrero, but obviously would be temporary.

Does a hand injury to Hanley create any room for this guy?

Probably. The obvious move would shift Gordon to SS and call up Guerrero, but obviously would be temporary.

I'd imagine Guerrero would take over SS in that scenario, as that's his natural position. Gordon is a far superior defender at 2B to Guerrero (relatively speaking).

I think Guerrero would just stick at ss, no? He is much better at ss than Dee, and Dee is doing well at 2b.

With Dee doing so well at 2B, that would make things a lot easier for Mattingly and you would think he would keep him there, and have Alex play SS which is his natural position. But the whole reason Alex is down in the minors is to work on his defense at 2B so who knows...

Guerrero's poor defense has A LOT more ability to damage you at SS than 2B. What is Guerrero playing in AAA?

Guerrero's poor defense has A LOT more ability to damage you at SS than 2B. What is Guerrero playing in AAA?

He's been playing 2B and hitting a lot lower in the lineup than I would have thought...was 7th last night and night before.

Since the Dodgers have 4 OF's at 3 positions, not really seeing why they'd want to call up Guerrero for a cup of coffee for an AL series.

At 28 years old, with bad D, he's got to find his way to the AL - because in the NL, that recipe is going to limit PT. While anything's possible, to be a bad defender at 28 doesn't speak to a huge amount of potential to change. Guy seems like his bat is legit, but hard to see him as a long-term 2B at his age and his D issues.

ANything new with this guy?

Looking less and less likely for a callup anytime soon since LAD infield is doing quite well.

Just don't see where they'd put him. Hanley and Dee aren't going anywhere and Uribe seems to doing fine at third. I wish they could find a spot because I could use some offense at second.

Just don't see where they'd put him. Hanley and Dee aren't going anywhere and Uribe seems to doing fine at third. I wish they could find a spot because I could use some offense at second.

I think his only shot is a Hanley injury. Dee to short, then Guerrero called up to play 2nd. Or obviously a Gordon injury. Otherwise I don't see him coming up.

But obviously Hanley is one of the most injury-prone players in baseball, so there's always a going to be a good chance for an opportunity.

Not yet, injury doesn't seem serious. Plus, it's the defense that they're worried about so at this point it doesn't matter how well he's hitting in AAA.