Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mavsfan23

Spring training trip

I'm interested in going to spring training for a week next year, and I was wondering if anyone on here has any info on what the expenses would be for a week's worth of games, what the best week to go is, how many games can you see in a week, how early to book things, where to stay, etc.

Any other advice/tips from someone who's been before would be helpful as well. Not sure if this belongs in this forum, but I couldn't think of a better place to get this info.

My advice is to go to the games early, like for the time that gates open. That way you get to see BP and there's always a chance for autographs (bring baseball cards or something of the such).

If you go for a week, you could probably see a game every day if you aren't interested in doing anything else. We went for a week and saw 2 games, plus an inter squad game. We were interested in doing other things also.

Tickets are pretty cheap - like $10-$15 each. We stayed in Clearwater, and saw a game at Dunedin (Jays fans) and one in Bradenton (Jays at Orioles) which was I believe 2hours away. The Phillies play in Clearwater, Yankees play in Tampa (10 minutes away), Rays are in St Pete's I believe. Lots of teams within like a 2 hour drive or so, if you want to see several teams.

We stayed at a family member's condo, so I can't comment on the cost of hotel, but we rented a car for, I think, $300 for the week.

Any other questions, I would be willing to answer if I can remember - it was 2 years ago now.