Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robrain

Ifeanyi Momah 2014 Season Outlook

141 posts in this topic

In light of DJax being released, they signed this massive 6'7" WR to a futures contract after the season ended.

He was on the Eagles roster during last preseason, but I think he still needed some more time to polish up his game coming off a college knee injury (torn ACL). He reportedly ran a 4.39 40-yard dash for the Eagles coaches at a private workout after he went undrafted, which led to them signing him last season.

I believe former Eagles legendary WR Harold Carmichael is still mentoring Ifeanyi Momah. Harold Carmichael was a 6'8" converted basketball player who was named to the NFL's 1970's All-Decade Team after amassing 590 receptions for 8,985 receiving yards and 79 TDs [18th most career TD receptions in NFL history], and who also set a record at the time by catching a pass in 127 consecutive games.

If you're looking for a real sleeper to slide in at the end of your roster, this guy probably has the most potential, especially with DJax now gone and Jeremy Maclin still needing to prove to everyone that he's over the ACL tear he suffered on July 27, 2013.

Momah suffered his ACL tear during his 2011 college season opening game. He put up 8 catches for 157 receiving yards that game before going down with the injury. He lost his appeal for a sixth college season (redshirted his junior year), which forced him to enter the 2012 NFL Draft. He went undrafted and spent 2012 rehabbing his torn ACL, not rushing his recovery. During the 2013 offseason, he met with the Eagles for a private workout and chose them over the Saints, Steelers, and Browns.

3 people like this

Ok Robrain, you can't just smack the keyboard, type 2014 next to it and call it a sleeper.

5 people like this

Ok Robrain, you can't just smack the keyboard, type 2014 next to it and call it a sleeper.

GPWMC 2014 Season Outlook

2 people like this

lmao......

I'm sorry I can't read his name w/o cracking up.

name is pronounced completely different than how it read in my mind.

I'm disappointed :( .

Introducing the new & improved Ramses Barden thread...

5 people like this

lmao......

I wouldn't have guessed his parents' names: Nathan and Gloria

Dude's best college season saw him catch 19 passes in 13 games. How does this guy have "potential"?

So Robrain is this guy better than Ramses Barden? I mean come on, don't get me all excited for nothing.

He's 6'7" and can run a 4.39. He's a god amongst men.

2 people like this

lmao......

I wouldn't have guessed his parents' names: Nathan and Gloria

Dude's best college season saw him catch 19 passes in 13 games. How does this guy have "potential"?

He Doesn't.

He's 6'7" and can run a 4.39. He's a god amongst men.

Got to admit that size and 40 time is impressive. I'd like to see it even lol, seems like it would be funny to watch.

Didn't Robrain spend a good chunk of the 2013 offseason repping this guy? I had him on my radar until the team demoted him to the practice squad...All-in-all, I'd say there are far worse places to hedge bets...

Didn't Robrain spend a good chunk of the 2013 offseason repping this guy? I had him on my radar until the team demoted him to the practice squad...All-in-all, I'd say there are far worse places to hedge bets...

Main reason he's back on my radar is because of the DJax shenanigans. DJax instantly gone, Maclin not necessarily 100%, Riley Cooper sucks without DJax or Maclin drawing bracket coverage...this guy is 6'7", if he starts making plays during preseason, the fantasy world is going to notice quick. I'd be getting him on the end of my bench in dynasty leagues if you're allowed to make offseason moves.

1 person likes this

Main reason he's back on my radar is because of the DJax shenanigans. DJax instantly gone, Maclin not necessarily 100%, Riley Cooper sucks without DJax or Maclin drawing bracket coverage...this guy is 6'7", if he starts making plays during preseason, the fantasy world is going to notice quick. I'd be getting him on the end of my bench in dynasty leagues if you're allowed to make offseason moves.

Threads like this are why I'm even on this forum. I'm not in a dynasty league, but I love hearing about guys that could potentially be had in rounds 10-16 that nobody else would think to draft. Sure a lot of them end up being duds, but you're no worse off than had you drafted a bunch of handcuffs or committe/lotto tickets.

1 person likes this

Some updates now that we're further along with the summer schedules...

Chip Kelly seems to still believe in his potential:

http://articles.philly.com/2014-06-20/sports/50714057_1_momah-chip-kelly-desean-jackson

http://espn.go.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/5992/ifeanyi-momah-hopes-size-pays-off

Beat reporters have been talking positively about his chances of making the 53-man roster this offseason:

https://www.google.com/#q=ifeanyi+momah&tbm=nws

Just go backwards through the news articles and see for yourself. He's been standing out this offseason.

Who is he going to play over? Not starting over any of Maclin, Cooper, or Mathews. Isn't going to ahead of Ertz or even Celek. Maybe becomes a solid red zone option but I don't see him all of a sudden becoming the next T.O.

^ I think we've been around long enough to know that Robrain plays in deeper leagues 14+ teamers.....

Gotta dig deep sometimes my man.

^ I think we've been around long enough to know that Robrain plays in deeper leagues 14+ teamers.....

Gotta dig deep sometimes my man.

I play in several 20 teamers and I still wouldn't roster this guy lol

I play in two 32 team leagues and never heard of this guy, looks like I'll have to do a quick google search

Cooper is now sidelined with a foot injury.

Ed Kracz@kracze 16m

Momah beautiful catch, using his 6-7 frame to pluck the ball over top of Brandon Boykin, who was playing outside CB #Eagles

Geoff Mosher@GeoffMosherCSN 18m

Another nice catch by Momah, twisting to reel in a Matt Barkley pass with Boykin draped on him.

Pat Shurmur is the offensive coordinator for the Eagles:

Eagles Nation@GoEaglesNation 1h

Pat Shurmur says Ifeanyi Momah has had a great camp.

Eagles Insider@EaglesInsider 1h

Shurmur: Momah has actually had a really, really good camp.

Matt Lombardo@MattLombardo975 Jul 28

Momah with a really nice reception along the sidelines against tight coverage and needing to come back to the ball. #Eagles

Geoff Mosher@GeoffMosherCSN Jul 28

7 on 7s. The towering Momah makes a fingertips catch across the middle with Jenkins tight on him.

kevin means@kevin_means 1h

@TQuill2 "Momah is the biggest riser after second day at camp"-- Geoff Mosher

Dave Spadaro@davespadaro Jul 30

Both doing fine. Momah really improved his game RT @Eazy56: I haven't heard any news on WR Huff or WR Monimah. Update? #AskSpuds #EaglesCamp

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll say it again...if a 6'7" WR blows up during preseason...

2 people like this