Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JJ954

2014 Impact MiLB Callups

Starting for the thread for the guys starting in dynasty's this off-season and may want to hear a groups opinion on the up and coming SP prospects who may have a impact in 2014.

MY top 15 SP prospects for next year.

Archie Bradley, RHP, Diamondbacks

Current Level: AA

Fantasy Impact: W, K, ERA, WHIP

ETA: 2013

Taijuan Walker, RHP, Mariners

Current Level: AAA

ETA: 2014

Michael Wacha, RHP, Cardinals

Fantasy Impact: W, ERA, WHIP

Kevin Gausman, RHP, Orioles

Noah Syndergaard, RHP, Mets

~~Really like this guy

Jameson Taillon, RHP, Pirates

Mark Appel, RHP, Astros

Current Level: A-

Kyle Zimmer, RHP, Royals

ETA: JUNE-JULY 2014

(Strikeout Machine)~~Really like this guy

Alex Meyer, RHP, Twins

Yordano Ventura, RHP, Royals

Fantasy Impact: W/SV, K, ERA, WHIP

(I think this guy will have control problems)

Kyle Crick, RHP, Giants

Current Level: A+

ETA: MID TO LATE 2014

Andrew Heaney, RHP, Marlins

Current Level: A+

Mike Foltynewicz, RHP, Astros

Rafael Montero, RHP, Mets

(Get no attention, But could be a VERY SP next year and will be a later pick)

Anthony Ranaudo, RHP, Red Sox

(Bonus)~~If they don't resign Nolasco

Zach Lee, RHP, Dodgers

ETA: MID-LATE 2014

Let me know what you guys think

Gray and Salazar should be at the top of that list.

Agreed.

I really like the list overall, and there are a lot of good pieces in there. But if we're looking at next year, these two should replace Crick and Heaney, though I like Heaney a lot.

Gray and Salazar should be at the top of that list.

Over the limit, Wacha is passed it and shouldent have been on. I wanted this to be the under the limit guys

My understanding of Zach Lee is that he's not likely to be too much of a K contributor, that he projects as a mid-rotation workhorse type that will rely on command to be effective.

I know that he posted a K-rate over 8 this year, but how well does that really translate to the majors?

My understanding of Zach Lee is that he's not likely to be too much of a K contributor, that he projects as a mid-rotation workhorse type that will rely on command to be effective.

I know that he posted a K-rate over 8 this year, but how well does that really translate to the majors?

I totally agree, I think he will be a solid SP, however his fate is going to depend alot on if they resign Nolasco or if they trade for Price. Which i could see with Joc Pederson being productive right now and is completely blocked in the LAD system

A.J. Cole should definitely be in there somewhere.

A case could be made for Jesse Biddle.

Edwin Escobar is about as under the radar as it gets.

Eddie Butler has been a fast-riser.

Jonathan Gray could also be included.

A.J. Cole should definitely be in there somewhere.

A case could be made for Jesse Biddle.

Edwin Escobar is about as under the radar as it gets.

Eddie Butler has been a fast-riser.

Jonathan Gray could also be included.

I agree on Biddle and Butler. The others I don't see being up before 2015. But I like the names

Ya - I think Jonathan Gray should be on there. I think he's gonna be very good.

Do you think he will be up in 2014?

Miguel Sano should probably arrive at some point next year.. And you can't ignore his power.

Miguel Sano should probably arrive at some point next year.. And you can't ignore his power.

I agree, this was to highlight the SP's however. Im sure a hitters spec list will pop up soon

Andrew Heaney pitched 5 starts for AA Jacksonville and performed well and is currently in the AFL before shutting down for the year. Looks like the Marlins may want him in the rotation sooner rather then later.

I definitely think gray could be called up next year. He will start the year in high A probably, but If he continues to dominate he could be in the big leagues soon. Rockies have nothing to lose as their pitching hasn't been good. I will be wtaching him all year.

I agree, this was to highlight the SP's however. Im sure a hitters spec list will pop up soon

Wow how did I not realize that.. please ignore my comment and carry on with the convo

What one prospect hitter has the highest upside for 2014?

I'm probably biased since I'm an owner, but I'm gonna say George Springer. Has a strong chance to start the season with the big club and that power/speed combo seems legit.

Springer for cats/roto..for points im not so sure. K's hurt in points leagues and springer seems to k a decent amount

Oscar Taveras. I don't care that he missed this year, not one bit. People have dropped him down prospect boards, and he's done absolutely nothing wrong to warrant that. The year off just makes people forget a bit.

He's about as polished a player as you're going to see here, and has less glaring holes than those mentioned (Springer).

I like Springer, even though OF is really deep in fantasy.

Taveras is second, IMO, but should be solid. The Cards seem to crap talent like they just ate bad enchiladas.

Oscar Taveras. I don't care that he missed this year, not one bit. People have dropped him down prospect boards, and he's done absolutely nothing wrong to warrant that. The year off just makes people forget a bit.

He's about as polished a player as you're going to see here, and has less glaring holes than those mentioned (Springer).

Yep, Taveras is the guy.

I have to disagree. Taveras doesn't have near the fantasy upside that Springer has. He could very well be the better real life player (TBD), but Springer's skill set is very unique.

I have to disagree. Taveras doesn't have near the fantasy upside that Springer has. He could very well be the better real life player (TBD), but Springer's skill set is very unique.

Funny, I actually think Springer could be the better real life player due to defense and baserunning.

Springer profiles as the good version of CBY, a 30-30 type with great d in cf and a low batting average, say 240/250. Taveras profiles as a mini Vlad type without the sbs, a 320 hitter with the potential for 25-30 homers. I guess it's a matter of preference.

I wouldn't call CBY a 30/30 type, although he did it once (twice?)

30/30 today is pretty outstanding in fantasy. In OBP leagues, he's even better.

Edit: I just noticed your adjective of "good" before CBY. So never mind that part

Agreed that Springer's skill set is very unique, but his floor is much, much lower. Taveras, very high floor, very high ceiling. Springer, very high (likely higher that Taveras) ceiling, MUCH lower floor.