Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JJ954

2014 Impact MiLB Callups

Alex Meyer imminent I think

Any source, or just a gut feeling?

I don't think so and I'm an owner

Same here. Haven't seen any new reports, other than he's struggled. He pitches tonight, so hopefully he gets back on track.

Same here. Haven't seen any new reports, other than he's struggled. He pitches tonight, so hopefully he gets back on track.

I don't think it's worth rostering someone that is on a strioct innings limit this year. He's matched his totals from last year and hasn't really taken a step forward - walk rate is up too. I'm thinking they give him a cup of coffee or perhaps a chance to make the rotation out of Spring Training. Either way, I'd rather not own and lose a year off of keeper eligibility.

I also think the above is true for Jon Gray. He's looking like a cup of coffee or early next year (perhaps even super 2 next year depending on how the Rockies look.) Really no need to rush...especially given the rockies are going to make some moves to prepare for the future.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Posted · Hidden by dzemens, June 24, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by dzemens, June 24, 2014 - No reason given

Yeah, I'm thinking about dropping him in my keeper since I have Butler, Polanco and Mookie Betts (It's getting tight.) I don't think it's worth rostering and losing a year of keeper status to someone that is on a strioct innings limit this year. He's matched his totals from last year and hasn't really taken a step forward - walk rate is up too. I'm thinking they give him a cup of coffee or perhaps a chance to make the rotation out of Spring Training. Either way, I'd rather not own and lose a year off of keeper eligibility.

I also think the above is true for Jon Gray. He's looking like a cup of coffee or early next year (perhaps even super 2 next year depending on how the Rockies look.) Really no need to rush...especially given the rockies are going to make some moves to prepare for the future.

Man I thought I clicked on Impact MiLB Callups thread but it appears I stumbled on the ABTNYC team thread. My bad.

Posted · Hidden by dzemens, June 24, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by dzemens, June 24, 2014 - No reason given

Yeah, I'm thinking about dropping him in my keeper since I have Butler, Polanco and Mookie Betts (It's getting tight.) I don't think it's worth rostering and losing a year of keeper status to someone that is on a strioct innings limit this year. He's matched his totals from last year and hasn't really taken a step forward - walk rate is up too. I'm thinking they give him a cup of coffee or perhaps a chance to make the rotation out of Spring Training. Either way, I'd rather not own and lose a year off of keeper eligibility.

Man I thought I clicked on Impact MiLB Callups thread but it appears I stumbled on the ABTNYC team thread. My bad.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this post. You don't like it, don't read it. I see you just have a need to comment on my posts lately. Just skip over, no need to take your daddy issues out on this forum.

I def see Gray coming up this year if Rockies are in the race by end of the next month... Right now they are like 11 games behind and 7 games in Wild Card...

Mookie Betts, as we've discussed in his thread.

I think we'll see Mookie in about a month if he keeps hitting....The Red Sox will want at least another 15-20 more games in AAA I'd imagine which is still slightly under the amount of time they gave Xander. And I don't think the Red Soxs playoff chances (or lack thereof) really matter as far as a call up is concerned IMO

Nelson, Alcantara, and Betts should all be up soon.

Nelson, Alcantara, and Betts should all be up soon.

x2 on Alcantara and Nelson now that Betts and others have been called up already.

I think Nelson is going to make a big splash and he's the least discussed pitching prospect. If you're in a keeper or dynasty, try to buy from owners that value him less than others.

Any impactful SP on the verge of coming up? If so, who?

nelson probably?

It would probably be a one and done call up up, but David Holmberg is rumored to get the call for the Reds upcoming double header against the Cubs, this Tuesday. He's not considered "elite," but he's a very good pitching prospect.

07.06: David Holmberg is likely to be recalled to start during Tuesday's doubleheader versus the Cubs. (The Reds haven't made an announcement regarding who will start, but they tipped their hand when they removed Holmberg from Friday's start at Triple-A Louisville after just 50 pitches (and no runs allowed). The left-hander holds a 1.21 ERA over his last four starts for Louisville.)

Kyle Hendricks for the Cubbies is up to start today

Saw him this year in MiLB and he look really good, not great but a real heady smart SP