Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clutchcityfan

2014 Either/Or Game

Basing this off of your team (my answer, that is) I would have to say Lowrie probably fits better.

But if you want pop and if defense counts for anything in your league, I'd go for Hardy.

--

Hope it's OK I post a few. For whoever answers any, or all, I will return the favor ALL the same. :) Thanks!

(I am trying to keep the players compared within a similar tier of talent, or players who are somewhat similar at least- just an FYI.)

OF David Murphy or OF Travis Snider?

OF Marcell Ozuna or OF Lorenzo Cain?

OF Nyjer Morgan or OF Jarrod Dyson? (chances of stealing playing time as the speedy 4th OF- enough to net 40+ SB playing time?)

2B Derek Dietrich or 2B-SS/MI D.J. LeMahieu? (Or 2B-3B Marcus Semien as my one extra name?)

Some pitchers.... (and again- sorry if posting more than 1 is frowned upon; is it?.. I will reply to as many answers as those replies to me, or just in general- especially if it IS frowned upon!.... I don't mind helping as much as I can! :) )

SP Ervin Santana or SP David Price?

SP Tyler Skaggs or SP Daniel Straily?

SP Matt Garza or SP Shelby Miller?

RP/SU Joe Smith (Frieri) or RP//SU Cody Allen (Axford)?

Thanks! Post some and I'll reply w/ my take!

Basing this off of your team (my answer, that is) I would have to say Lowrie probably fits better.

But if you want pop and if defense counts for anything in your league, I'd go for Hardy.

--

Hope it's OK I post a few. For whoever answers any, or all, I will return the favor ALL the same. :) Thanks!

(I am trying to keep the players compared within a similar tier of talent, or players who are somewhat similar at least- just an FYI.)

OF Nyjer Morgan or OF Jarrod Dyson? (chances of stealing playing time as the speedy 4th OF- enough to net 40+ SB playing time?)

2B Derek Dietrich or 2B-SS/MI D.J. LeMahieu? (Or 2B-3B Marcus Semien as my one extra name?)

Some pitchers.... (and again- sorry if posting more than 1 is frowned upon; is it?.. I will reply to as many answers as those replies to me, or just in general- especially if it IS frowned upon!.... I don't mind helping as much as I can! :) )

I'll bite since I'm bored

David Murphy - Snider has had plenty of chances and shown nothing. Plus Polanco should be up in June

Slight edge to Ozuna. I like his natural power a bit more than Cain although the Marlins do have a more crowded OF

Neither of them will get that much PT. Dyson will rack up steals at a greater clip but Morgan will get more PT so it's a toss up

I'd rank them Semien (most upside and definitely the guy if he gets pt after Beckam gets back), Dietrich, Lemahieu

Price easily. I don't put Santana anywhere near that level

Both inconsistent performers on the road and both with limited track records. I'd stay slight edge Straily

Miller easily for me. He's a stud when at home. 1.6 ERA home 4.5 away so start at home and you have a far and away better pitcher than Garza

I think Axford is more likely to lost the job

I don't have anything now but I'll give you a pm when I do

--

I'll bite since I'm bored

David Murphy - Snider has had plenty of chances and shown nothing. Plus Polanco should be up in June

Slight edge to Ozuna. I like his natural power a bit more than Cain although the Marlins do have a more crowded OF

Neither of them will get that much PT. Dyson will rack up steals at a greater clip but Morgan will get more PT so it's a toss up

I'd rank them Semien (most upside and definitely the guy if he gets pt after Beckam gets back), Dietrich, Lemahieu

Price easily. I don't put Santana anywhere near that level

Both inconsistent performers on the road and both with limited track records. I'd stay slight edge Straily

Miller easily for me. He's a stud when at home. 1.6 ERA home 4.5 away so start at home and you have a far and away better pitcher than Garza

I think Axford is more likely to lost the job

I don't have anything now but I'll give you a pm when I do

Replying as I speak, thank you so much man! I appreciate all the help and am sending it back. Had a delay in the middle for lunch break Arby sandwich haha..

Also, very good input in general for anyone looking for info. re: any of these players or trying to make similar choices in any of their leagues....good stuff.

Jim Johnson or Casey Janssen?

Still getting the hang of this.

Johnson.

Gyorko or Mesoraco?

I prefer Gyorko but it really all depends on your other options

Jim Johnson or Casey Janssen?

Still getting the hang of this.

Johnson.

Gyorko or Mesoraco?

I prefer Gyorko but it really all depends on your other options

It's for my only bench bat. I have Santana at C and I have Altuve, Zobrist, and Aramis as 2B/3B options. I just feel like Gyorko is somebody you have to pick up no matter what you're team looks like. Do I over-value this kid?

--

Thanks for the help with mine... here's my take

OF David Murphy or OF Travis Snider? Murphy, Snider just hasn't shown much in his chances.

OF Marcell Ozuna or OF Lorenzo Cain? Ozuna, Marlins are improved on offense and I like his potential.

OF Nyjer Morgan or OF Jarrod Dyson? Eh this one is tough... Dyson if he starts playing more, Morgan if not.

2B Derek Dietrich or 2B-SS/MI D.J. LeMahieu? I like Siemen better than these two.

SP Ervin Santana or SP David Price? Oh I like this one... I have to go Price based on past history, but I think Santana will be very good in the NL East.

SP Tyler Skaggs or SP Daniel Straily? I'm taking Skaggs... Straily will be more consistent but Skaggs has the higher ceiling imo.

SP Matt Garza or SP Shelby Miller? Miller and it isn't close. Garza will give you some nice 1 ER/high K outings but they come in between 6 ER blowups.

RP/SU Joe Smith (Frieri) or RP//SU Cody Allen (Axford)? Cody Allen, Axford loses the closer gig before the ASB imo.

Mejia

Brad miller or ackley

Stanton

Andrus or Miller

Brad? Andrus easy

OK this makes much more sense...

I'll go Miller but it's close.

I've got two:

M Minor or E Santana?

and

E Hosmer or J Abreu

Mejia

Brad miller or ackley

Stanton

Andrus or Miller

Brad? Andrus easy

I've got two:

M Minor or E Santana?

and

E Hosmer or J Abreu

I think these two are fairly easy (imho): Santana, Abreu

What about: Michael Morse or Chris Colabello?

Speculation trade.

Fielder/Weaver or Bruce/Hosmer

Same team in sig..

I like Fielder/Weaver, you could use an outfielder but I'd try and trade Fielder straight up for one.

Mejia

Brad miller or ackley

Stanton

Andrus or Miller

Brad? Andrus easy

I've got two:

M Minor or E Santana?

and

E Hosmer or J Abreu

Minor and Abreu