Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clutchcityfan

2014 Either/Or Game

Singleton, Howard, Lind, or Texeria.?

Ryan Howard. He isn't as good as he used to be, but can't figure he's a shell of his former self. He came off the Achilles injury in 2012, and then had a bum knee he tried to play on for half a season in '13. First time he's been healthy and had a whole off-season conditioning without surgery comeback in years. He really was cold in April, then turned it on in May and June.

Both Howard and Tex have always been slow starters who really start to hit in the 2nd half. Tex will put up better game-to-game numbers, but who knows how his wrist will hold up or how many times they'll sit him. Howard rests about once a week, especially against tough lefties. 14 HR and 50 RBIs including his rough start is pretty good.

Dickerson or Cargo?

I'd take Dickerson because It means you get a first rounder as well cuz you didn't draft cargo

Adrian Gonzalez or Ortiz ROS?

I'd chose Ortiz, he has been hitting more homers than Gonzalez lately and I don't see him regressing too much. I think they will produce about the same ROS.

Desmond Jennings or JJ Hardy ROS?

Keep in mind Jennings hasn't stole a base in a month and Hardy finally ended his homerless streak.

Cron or Howard?

I'll go Howard here. I try to stay levelheaded during a young player's hot streak and always keep track records in mind for ROS purposes. Howard actually hasn't been that bad lately. I know he gave me fits last week in my matchup.

Desmond Jennings or JJ Hardy ROS?

Keep in mind Jennings hasn't stole a base in a month and Hardy finally ended his homerless streak.

I'm going to say Jennings, even though his 0-9 performance yesterday made me want to vomit, since I had him in my lineup. There's just too much upside to let go at this point with Jennings. As an O's fan I see J.J. Hardy play all the time. He's hitting for average, but I still don't see him hitting more than 5-8 HRs from here on out.

I'll take Altuve. But it'll be close obviously.

ROS Anthony Rizzo or Brandon Moss?

I'd take Dozier

Murphy has been consistent but if he gets traded to a contender he may no longer hit atop a lineup

Taijuan Walker or Hahn?

I'd take Dozier

Murphy has been consistent but if he gets traded to a contender he may no longer hit atop a lineup

Taijuan Walker or Hahn?

Walker - His pedigree puts him over, but it's really, really close, IMO.

ROS, Carlos Santana or Chris Davis?

On the season:

Santana - .208/.362/.396 with 12 HR 31 RBI

Davis - .218/.342/.428 with 13 HR 41 RBI

Past 30 Days:

Santana - .333/.452/.638 with 6 HR 14 RBI

Davis - .184/.298/.388 with 6 HR 16 RBI

Santana, simply because he'll end up with a better average, and I don't see Davis hitting 30HR this year. Santana moving over to 3B is sweet, getting him to hit every game.

Mat Latos or Chris Archer?

Santana, simply because he'll end up with a better average, and I don't see Davis hitting 30HR this year. Santana moving over to 3B is sweet, getting him to hit every game.

Archer has upside, but Latos is the better option. Latos is mostly solid with the exception of his game two starts ago.

Mookie Betts or Jimmy Rollins ROS?

Archer, more upside, great fastball. great attitude on the mound, can't teach that to young pitchers

Dozier or Kipnis in a dynasty league

I'd say Kipnis.

Navarro or Yan Gomes or Derek Norris (I need a Mauer replacement)?

I'd say Kipnis.

I'd roll with Norris.

Jean Segura or Dee Gordon?

I'd say Kipnis.

I'd roll with Norris.

Jean Segura or Dee Gordon?

Gordon for sure imo

CGomez or AJones ROS ?