Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chichitog

2014 Completed Trades Thread

1. Alex Rios and Matt Adams for Sonny Gray and Anibal Sanchez.

2. Billy Hamilton and Eric Young for Daniel Murphy and Melky Cabrera.

Wow that Tulo/MadBum for Dee & Greinke is crazy. I would feel bad too. But not too bad.

Welp, new trade just completed! I traded away:

Jordan Zimmermann + Jason Vargas + Torii Hunter

for

Jason Heyward + Pedro Alvarez + Charlie Morton

Gave: Received:

Wainwright Strasburg

Cobb Greinke

Gray Lester

Kipnis Carpenter

Morse Rios

Doolittle

Traded:

Alex Gordon for Hunter Pence

Jared Cosart for Tim Lincecum

Pedro Alvarez for Melky Cabrera

Jason Heyward + Kevin Gausman for Todd Frazier + Homer Bailey

Last week:

My:

James Shields

Addison Reed

Cody Allen

for his:

Sonny Gray

Alfredo Simon

Oscar Taveras

10-team, 3 player keeper league. We pick 3 every year but can keep the same player for an unlimited amount of time.

I traded:

Masahiro Tanaka and Dustin Pedroia

I got:

Cole Hamels and Cliff Lee

My trade partner needed a 2B as his starting 2B was Emilio Bonafacio before he got hurt and then grabbed Brian Roberts. Being the Yankee homer he is (I am as well) he wanted to draft Tanaka but I got him just before he did. Now with his injury and likely TJ surgery, He gets his keeper and a much-needed 2B, and I get back some pitching depth I really need.

Both sides benefit from the trade as he had a good amount of pitching depth and with Dustin at 2nd, he can make a run to the title with a stacked offense (Beltre, J. Abreu, Pujols, Hamilton, Adam Jones)

And I get the pitching depth I really needed after a bunch of quality starters went down for me.

Sure I'm sad I probably won't ever own him again but thanks for the memories Masahiro!!!

I did this trade 2-3 days ago, maybe a little longer.

Give:

Gio Gonzalez, Willin Rosario, Steve Pearce

Get:

Jay Bruce, Neil Walker

I did this trade so I could get a better bat in Bruce that would give my team even more power. The owner lost Gattis so I threw in Rosario into the trade. I sort of sold high with Gio as this was when he had his scoreless inning streak and I didn't accept the trade until Bruce we out of his slump. Pearce was just a throw in peace in order for him to give me Neil Walker instead of Hill, who I hope will be a solid backup 2nd Basemen behind Dozier just in case he gets in a bad slump like he did earlier this week.

This trade led me to a new offer that got accepted today and should soon be approved by the league commish.

Give: Jay Bruce, Steve Cishek

Get: Carlos Gonzalez

This trade is really based on risk and reward. CarGo could end up having a strong 2nd half (better than Bruce) or could get injured, which would really suck. I'm not completely optimistic with Cishek blowing another trade, his 3rd since June 28th and I'd rather move him then risk him becoming worthless. I already have 3 solid closers too, so I thought he could become expendable.

Was offered Altuve for Longoria.

I took that and ran. Needed sbs and avg and had Rendon to plug in at 3b.

I wont miss Longo.

Recieve: Anthony Rizzo

Sent: Jordan Zimmerman & Fernando Rodney

I was really struggling at first base and my pitching has been overkill so could afford to lose some pitching. Still can start 4 closers each week if I want to with Zach Britton's SP eligibility.