Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holyBrowns

4/2/14 Gameday Mega Thread

344 posts in this topic

Scherzer topping out at 91 with absolutely zero idea where its going right now.

Ya, Scherzer looks atrocious. But at anytime he can find his slot and start dealing.

Ya, Scherzer looks atrocious. But at anytime he can find his slot and start dealing.

better find it fast.

Anyone feel that breeze? Just another BJ Upton at bat. This guy is just absolutely atrocious.

4 people like this

Scherzer is not close right now. A bad look but he gets out of it with a DP grounder.

Anyone feel that breeze? Just another BJ Upton at bat. This guy is just absolutely atrocious.

I actually defended him early to mid season last year. My fantasy analysis is atrocious sometimes!

He's continuing where he left off last season. 0-for-9 with 5 K's to start off the season. Why he is hitting second is a complete mystery.

1 person likes this

3-0 count, runners at the corners, one out...Atta boy Billy, bail Max out who has no clue where the ball is going and GIDP 3-0.

Billy Butler trying to lead the league in DP's again. Such a horrendous at bat.

MLB Network - I "hear" the bat make contact, before i "see" the bat hit the ball..... grr...

MLB Network - I "hear" the bat make contact, before i "see" the bat hit the ball..... grr...

lol impossible.. he should get checked out

Am I the only one who just hates this Braves lineup? I see so many bad hitters in this lineup. Its basically Heyward, Freddie Freeman and the 150 strikeout band. Uggla, Upton Brothers, Gattis just human whiff machines. Braves desperately need Justin Upton to have a huge year, otherwise this lineup could be pretty mediocre.

1 person likes this

Lolz listening to the Braves announcers try to discuss sabermetrics. Comical doesn't even start to describe it. Apparently all saber people don't believe in pitcher v hitter matchups, and they need to understand why managers DON'T (I repeat, DO NOT) play lefty/lefty or righty/righty matchups - because it's about the matchup. If a batter is 21 for 60 against a pitcher, that should to be ignored, and saber people need to stop doing that and criticizing managers who go with the pitcher who gets the guy out vs the same handed matchup.

I repeat LOLZ. It's like that scene in Zoolander "it's IN the computer"?

2 people like this

Scherzer retired 8 strike. Dealin. Royals had their chance.

I agree about the Braves. They are a better version of the Mets, they have some power guys who can hurt you but its a ton of strikeout machines and low OBP guys. Those are the types of lineups who will end the year looking like a middle of the road offense in runs scored but in a game by game basis score 10 runs one game and 1 run the next 3.

BJ Upton btw just has no chance. He will be hitting 7th or something in a few days.

This Braves lineup looks terrible right now.

The only ones I would even worry about is Heyward/Freeman/Jupton

And even then, Heyward has flopped a bunch and Justin goes on these massive cold streaks.

Must watch games today for me:

1) St. Louis @ Cin - Wacha vs Cingrani - nothing to say here. Two of the young guns going head to head

2) Seattle @ LAA - Paxton vs Santiago - Two young lefties with filthy stuff face off. The yakker vs. the screwball. The mascots and on deck hitters better watch out for errant pitches.

3) Cleveland @ Oakland #1 - Kluber vs Kazmir - Last year surprise pitchers face off. Will they repeat?

4) NYY @ Houston - Kuroda vs Cosart - The veteran stud versus a guy that was highly touted, flashed a filthy curve this spring, and changed his mechanics.

5) Philly @ Texas - Kendrick @ Robbie Ross - No interest in Kendrick but can Ross be another CJ Wilson?

1 person likes this

I agree about the Braves. They are a better version of the Mets, they have some power guys who can hurt you but its a ton of strikeout machines and low OBP guys. Those are the types of lineups who will end the year looking like a middle of the road offense in runs scored but in a game by game basis score 10 runs one game and 1 run the next 3.

BJ Upton btw just has no chance. He will be hitting 7th or something in a few days.

It's Fredi Gonzalez. He'll be batting lead off to see more fastballs in a few games.