Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sidearmer

4/5/2014 Mega Game Thread

478 posts in this topic

Full slate of games today. Should be non-stop baseball action from 1:00 to 11:00 EST.

Some interesting thoughts:

A lot of teams' aces going today for their second start. Will be interesting to see if guys like Cliff Lee and Madison Bumgarner can bounce back. Also will see if Samardzija and Liriano can build on their dominance in their first starts.

First start for guys like Pineda, Straily, Porcello, Skaggs, and Peralta - all highly touted on these boards.

Cashner v. Fernandez and Teheran v. Strasburg are going to be fun to watch.

2 people like this

First start for guys like Pineda, Straily, Porcello, Skaggs, and Peralta - all highly touted on these boards.

Cashner v. Fernandez and Teheran v. Strasburg are going to be fun to watch.

I'll be watching Pineda here at 1 o'clock. I'll try to chime in on how he looks, what the TV crew is saying about him, etc.

AND

Those battle of "#1's" tonight at 7PM EST are going to good duels, especially the Braves-Nats game considering they're the 2 favorites to contend for the NL East crown.

Lead off homer for dozier. Mauer then hits a week grounder for out.

Carrasco is getting destroyed thus far. Willingham takes BP fastball and clobbers it off the wall.

Porcello gives up 1 in the first. If you're a control pitcher you cant walk the leadoff man and expect goid results

Carrasco throwing BP. Such good stuff, but can't locate. It seems to be this way for a while.

Porcello goin. Porcello. But not full Porcello. Only half Porcello.

Pineda opened with two 93 mph fastballs, slider 85, fastball up to 94, another slider pulled foul, Fastball getting up to 95 mph now.

Jeter with a weak throw to 1st base, Melky with an infield single. Meh.

good sign is that he's hitting 94 and 95 on the gun. he's somehow got a lot of that velocity back since spring.

Carrasco throwing BP. Such good stuff, but can't locate. It seems to be this way for a while.

Well this stream has already blown up in my face. s---. I didn't feel great about it...

Is Melky going to be a hit machine this year?

How long does Rasmus get to be a windmill in the 2 hole? God he is terrible.

1 person likes this

Pineda is killing the lefties with his slider right now. Hitting 95 with the FB. Looks extremely impressive early on.

How long does Rasmus get to be a windmill in the 2 hole? God he is terrible.

Was thinking the exact same thing. As long as everyone is bagging on BJ Upton they may as well with this guy, too. Look totally clueless and is an automatic out right now.

1 person likes this

Pineda's command isn't that great so far, but his velocity and movement are excellent.

Pineda's command isn't that great so far, but his velocity and movement are excellent.

I think he's sacrificing his command for velocity, at least for the fastballs