Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bulldogs07

Who is the better pick between Moustakas, Wieters and Price ?

Hmmm its a tough choice because of their positions.

Weiters offers the best production to position numbers and him being a college catcher, he isn't that far away from seeing the big leauges. Camden is a pretty good place to hit in.

Price offers another low risk, high production pick, but his problem is that he mainly lands right in the thick of the AL East. He is the least risky of the 3 here IMO (although pitchers are risky, catchers are an animal all to themselves), and he has great stuff. The only thing bad that I see about him is really that he pitches in the AL East, that usually won't translate to as good numbers with him as it should.

Moustakas has the potential to be better than both Weiters and Price because he plays SS, and can rake with the bat. But there are some doubts about his range at SS and he probably won't move to 3B because of Gordon with the Royals. If he moves to 2B, then his value pretty much stays the same. Also him being a HS product, there is a lot of risk for a letdown (ala a Mike Bush, CJ Henry, etc) thus I would rank him 3rd in this list.

If I had to pick, Price, Weiters, and then Moustakas.

Price has the best risk to reward ratio in my opinion, and Weiters has the best postion to production numbers. There are really close in my eyes, and I would go with what your team needs. If it needs a starter, take Price, if it needs a catcher, take Weiters. Price is the better prospect IMO, but I just don't know about him handling the AL East. If he was with a NL team, I'd take Price. With Tampa, its a toss up to me.

In my league these players are all still available , who would you choose for the future?

hey bart .......you don't have a top 3 pick anyways so why do you care

Price

Wieters

Moustakas

Price is as MLB ready as one can get without a lick of proball experience. He also will have a nice slot in the rotation to pitch from, despite his division. He's a power lefty with three plus pitches.

Wieters looks great, is still young, a ways off.

Moustakas has horrific plate coverage, but his power helps offset this but he's still aways off.

hey bart .......you don't have a top 3 pick anyways so why do you care

That's funny now since I aquired your 2nd pick overall now.

I say Wieters. Looks like he's got the makeup of a big hitter at catcher. Very rare, very hard to come by. Price is certainly the most MLB ready, but also comes with the most risk just because he's a pitcher.

Also, didja know Wieters has a 96 mph fastball? O's bullpen runs thin in a big inning game and next thing you know.. bam! he has a stat line like this...

3-7 2R HR 2RBI, 1.0IP 1K 0ER W

Shame most stat services would not give you the pitching stats.

I say Wieters. Looks like he's got the makeup of a big hitter at catcher. Very rare, very hard to come by. Price is certainly the most MLB ready, but also comes with the most risk just because he's a pitcher.

Also, didja know Wieters has a 96 mph fastball? O's bullpen runs thin in a big inning game and next thing you know.. bam! he has a stat line like this...

3-7 2R HR 2RBI, 1.0IP 1K 0ER W

Shame most stat services would not give you the pitching stats.

No way do the Orioles ever let him pitch if he becomes a star , maybe if he becomes a back up catcher after about 5 years in the minors but his stock is too high to let him pitch.