Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colepenhagen

Alexei Ramirez 2014 Outlook

189 posts in this topic

have solid start to year never been a fan of him but he has produced the past 2 years with solid sb

just thought he deserved a thread considering some of the bum that have threads

low end ss1 in a 12 teamer?

I'm absolutely loving him as my Jose Reyes replacement. The dude is raking right now and making good contact. I really wish they would move him up in the order. He deserves to be batting 1st or 2nd in the lineup, IMO.

He's just another of what seems like an endless supply of boring but actually fairly productive replacement level mixed league middle infield options. Past year the middle infield was a wasteland after the top 10 of 2b and SS. Alexei is basically Jose Altuve who goes strangely high in drafts.

If they move him to the 2 hole I would grab him so fast. He would flourish up there. Don't like him at the bottom. Debating picking him up and dropping Lawrie but I may grab Villar until they move him to the 2 hole.

If they move him to the 2 hole I would grab him so fast. He would flourish up there. Don't like him at the bottom. Debating picking him up and dropping Lawrie but I may grab Villar until they move him to the 2 hole.

I think his hideous OBP keeps him from the top 1-2 of the order. But having Eaton and his OBP skills leading off could allow Ventura to try Alexei at #2 with hopes he can get hits to move Eaton over or knock him in.

He's not ideal as a top of the lineup guy, but Semien looks like crap right now, do why not?

I think his hideous OBP keeps him from the top 1-2 of the order. But having Eaton and his OBP skills leading off could allow Ventura to try Alexei at #2 with hopes he can get hits to move Eaton over or knock him in.

He's not ideal as a top of the lineup guy, but Semien looks like crap right now, do why not?

Exactly. Ramirez > Semien.

Well, the thing is. You know if you've watched Alexei over the years that the wheels are gonna come off and that the higher up in the batting order you put him the sooner those wheels are gonna fall off. Ride him while he's hot but when he starts piling up the 2 and 3 strikeout nights have a replacement ready.

alexei keep on producing sneaky good value at 261 overall

was that hr a coors hr or a real hr?

Is that a Sears poncho or is that a real poncho?

261 is right about where Alexei should be. he's pretty streaky, although usually he starts out ice cold....

Is that a Sears poncho or is that a real poncho?

261 is right about where Alexei should be. he's pretty streaky, although usually he starts out ice cold....

theres a difference but thats cool

umm a top 12 ss at pick 261 is not where alexei should go

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, April 9, 2014 - No reason given · Report post

Damn tempted to grab this kid off waivers

No this guy has absolutely no trade value. I've tried. But honestly I think he'll have a legit year based on this season so far and what he did last year. Kind of like a Segura with less speed but a little more pop

I think this guy's been around long enough where it would be difficult for anyone to buy into the fact that his hot start is for real. I remember owning him a few years ago when he was being hyped up and it was a horrible disappointment.

His own Manager doesn't even believe it as he's still batting him 8th

hey if someone is on a beast mode streak like he is why mess with him and move him around in the lineup

that could mess with his head and he could try and hit more hrs or be more agressive and swing at bad pitches i love the he is just producing where he is

damn - where is this coming from? This dude was the most boring, predictable player ever and now he's mashing.

1 person likes this