Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bbythepier

Zach Borenstein - OF ARI

Ok, the ruse is up. I've held off on making a thread for PITC's bro long enough. If 25-26yo unheralded Kole Calhoun & Khris Davis are going to be on the 1st page of the main board, then Zach B needs to be followed his next year or 2. Obviously, he might need a change of scenery to get MLB OF playing time in 2015 & beyond, but lord knows LAA has plenty of holes to fill.

Obligatory 2013 A+ statline: 340/400/630 , 76/28/95 in ~ 110G/450PA

Tonight's AA line: 3/4, 4SB, 3R, 2RBI

Good weekend start for Zach.

SIngle A line looks great. If he can make a successful transition to AA than people will take notice. Good time to speculate in dynasty leagues.

Angels weren't shy to trade Bourjos and Grichuck when they had no room for them, so I think if he produces he will get an opportunity.

Looking forward to seeing what PITC has to say on this thread.

Thanks for starting the thread. I'll refrain from posting in here too much, as I'm obviously biased and don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable.

The 4 SBs tonight was awesome. Last year, he really couldn't run with the hip flexor injury and although Bill Haselman was a good manager, he was quite conservative on the basepaths. Speaking of Haselman, they won the Cal League championship and he was fired. Puzzling move by the Angels.

Anyway, Zach told me he's aiming to swipe 30 bags this year. His new manager has given him the green light.

Does your bro have a ton of confidence that he'll make it? Does he think he could hit at the MLB level now?

His K/BB seems good and he looks like he has a quick bat and stays on plane without a hitch. I was actually surprised when I went to youtube to check him out because odds are against. So he's obviously the one in your avatar. He looks like a major leaguer there.

I'm no expert but I like to check out the swings of the players I'd consider drafting and his swing seems pretty good to me. I guess if your bro shows some hr pop at AA and can steal more (which seems might haapen based off what you stated was affecting him last year) he would become a serious prospect. How far off is he from becoming top 100?

He plans to steal 30SB. How many homers is he planning to launch?

Posted · Hidden by phizzics, April 16, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by phizzics, April 16, 2014 - No reason given

.195/.267/.244 with a 17/4 K/BB. Nothing to see here.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, May 26, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, May 26, 2014 - No reason given

Ya who cares about the season his first 11 games in a new level proves hes trash

Waste a roster spot if you want. No ones stopping you.

Waste a roster spot if you want. No ones stopping you.

Dude has back to back days with home runs and hit for the cycle today. He's just getting started.

Getting props on RW :)

Zach Borenstein | ANA

(April 21, 2014 2:04 PM EDT)

Angles prospects OF Zach Borenstein hit for the cycle Sunday, going 4-for-5 with four RBI for Double-A Arkansas.

The 23-year-old was named the Angels' Minor League Player of the Year in 2013 as well as the California League MVP after batting .337/.403/.631 with 28 home runs and 95 RBI in 112 games for High-A Inland Empire. Borenstein had gotten off to a slow start at Arkansas, but showed signs of turning the corner during the past weekend's series, going 6-for-14 with five extra-base hits (both of his 2014 home runs) and six RBI. As an older prospect facing mostly younger pitching, Borenstein still has to answer questions about his bat before projecting as an everyday corner outfielder at the highest level.

2 Golden Sombreros this month, 25% k rate doesnt bode well. Hopefully just early season struggles.

I'm rooting for the guy, even though I'm a Ranger fan. Go Zach!

$_57.JPG

2 Golden Sombreros this month, 25% k rate doesnt bode well. Hopefully just early season struggles.

For the record. He has struck out looking 8% 17.6% Swinging... Last year high A he K'd Looking 3.7% and Swinging 15.3%

AA league average K-Looking percentage is 5.3%.

For whatever its worth..

Been killing the ball lately. Was just promoted to AAA.

Well that was quicker than I thought..

http://www.milb.com/...564345&sid=milb

Been an up and down year for Zach, but he's found the power stroke of late.

He's hit some shots in his day, but this is probably the farthest ball he's ever it. Turned on 95 from Rivero like it was nothing. His teammate on Reno, Ronny Cedeno, estimated that it was easily 490+ feet. Definition of a majestic moonshot.

He's hit some shots in his day, but this is probably the farthest ball he's ever it. Turned on 95 from Rivero like it was nothing. His teammate on Reno, Ronny Cedeno, estimated that it was easily 490+ feet. Definition of a majestic moonshot.

points added for batflip

points added for batflip

Your bro has been hitting some mammoth shots too.

Now he just needs a September call up.

points added for batflip

Yeah, we're hoping it's in the cards. He feels like he's put himself in a position to get it with the way he's played since the D-Backs acquired him.

points added for batflip

Yeah, we're hoping it's in the cards. He feels like he's put himself in a position to get it with the way he's played since the D-Backs acquired him.

My friend in Arizona is pretty excited, he has an autographed card of his.