Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

96mnc

4/8/2014 Mega Game Thread

307 posts in this topic

A full slate as long as the weather cooperates.

Six I’m recording:

Texas @ Boston – Perez @ Doubront. Two promising lefties (well, at least one promising lefty). Boston finally got a win at home. Time to go streaking or will the promising 22 year old hold them down?

SD @ CLE – T. Ross versus Kluber. Two popular sleepers that had crappy first starts look to right the ship. FYI, Nick Swisher looks completely over his shoulder injury. He’s swinging the bat with authority from the left side again. Will Ross find his control? Will Kluber find his command?

NYM @ ATL – Colon @ Harang. Jabba the Hut versus the latest Atlanta Band-Aid. Harang pitched well in his start versus the Brewers, will it continue? Has Atlanta struck gold? And what happens when a 91 mph, fastball 80+% of the time, pitch to contact guy like Jabba faces a team that strikes out a ton? Something has got to give.

CIN @ STL – Bailey @ Lynn. Christian Bale versus Mr. Hot Start & Great at Home.

TB @ KC – Archer @ Ventura. One of my personal favorites in Archer versus a kid making his first start of the year that throws 100 mph. Will the rookie have his command against the usually patient TB Rays? Will Wil Myers punish his former organization? Will I ask another question?

LAA @ SEA – Santiago versus Paxton. Two lefties with great stuff but previous command issues. One of them showed what it’s like when they are hitting their spots last week when Paxton was as dominant as any pitcher I’ve seen this year. The other showed his best CJ Wilson impersonation. How will the youngsters fair facing a foe again for the second time in a week. And how many times will Winnie the Pujols roll over a ball for a 6-3? Tasty…

1 person likes this

NYM @ ATL – Colon @ Harang. Jabba the Hut versus the latest Atlanta Band-Aid. Harang pitched well in his start versus the Brewers, will it continue? Has Atlanta struck gold? And what happens when a 91 mph, fastball 80+% of the time, pitch to contact guy like Jabba faces a team that strikes out a ton? Something has got to give.

Hate this matchup from a Mets perspective. I think Colon has a chance to be blasted. He's a perfect match for the Braves bats. Harang should be blasted but Mets will probably get two guys on every inning and not score.

1 person likes this

TB @ KC – Archer @ Ventura. One of my personal favorites in Archer versus a kid making his first start of the year that throws 100 mph. Will the rookie have his command against the usually patient TB Rays? Will Wil Myers punish his former organization? Will I ask another question?

Man, there will be some high velocity in this one....I hope both kids do well, but have to pull for my guy a little more - Ventura.

Going to watch every pitch of a KC game. Probably the first time I've done that in 5+ years.

1 person likes this

I know this sounds silly but....today is one of those early season days when i get a feeling that the success of my second/third/fourth tier pitchers will somehow determine my teams success this season. i know it is only one day out of 162, but i still get that feeling.

I have Ventura, Colon and Lohse all going today. Not feeling good about any of them...today or for the season...so why do i own them?? :)

Just a heads up for anyone in a CBS league. They did not update their schedule to reflect the Brewers and Phillies moving to today, so it shows all Phillies and Brewers with no games today.

I almost pulled some guys from my lineup because of it.

Man, I hate CBS. I couldn't get my league to move. I can't believe people pay for that site.

I thought cle/sd were doin a double header today? Was I wrong?

Also Adam jones dinger to dead center

Nova getting demolished, 3 runs in already, the big hit a 2 run blast to dead center by Jones (and unlike yesterday it looks like the ball is carrying this afternoon)

Jeter looked slow and with limited range on the Delmon grounder, could have been a DP with a decent SS.

They're playing a doubleheader tomorrow. Traditional one, too. Start times are 12:05 and 3:30 ET.

I think the cle/sd double header is tomorrow.

Benched Adam Jones and started Nova today. Y'all other Jones owners are welcome.

Why would you bench Adam Jones in week 2?

2 people like this

Jeter's famous lack of range bites Nova hard. Should have been a GIDP by Delmon there, then he got Chris Davis to hit a weak flyball out that would have ended the inning. Instead, it's a sac fly and next batter hits a 2 run bomb

Nova's velocity is still down, though. Curve doesn't have the same bite as last year and is mostly 78-80 mph rather than 80-82. Fastball is settling in 91-92 mph range rather than 95 mph. Not good to see in his first 2 starts

Benched Adam Jones and started Nova today. Y'all other Jones owners are welcome.

Why would you bench Adam Jones in week 2?

Jones batting .200 versus Nova. Early season in Yankee Stadium tough for hitters. Opted for Calhoun versus Paxton alongside Cutch and Braun.

tl;dr - Overthinking.

Jeter's famous lack of range bites Nova hard. Should have been a GIDP by Delmon there, then he got Chris Davis to hit a weak flyball out that would have ended the inning. Instead, it's a sac fly and next batter hits a 2 run bomb

Nova's velocity is still down, though. Curve doesn't have the same bite as last year and is mostly 78-80 mph rather than 80-82. Fastball is settling in 91-92 mph range rather than 95 mph. Not good to see in his first 2 starts

I was commenting on how slow Jeter looked the other day. He's never had very good range, but even on the basepaths he looks turtlesque. He's going to be a huge liability in the field this year for Yankee pitchers....more than usual.

Nova is worthless I swear

I'm benching him after this until I see improvement with his stuff/velocity. He's down 2 MPH on everything

Jeter's famous lack of range bites Nova hard.

As a Yankees fan I no longer even know what the word "range" means, I just know it exists in other places the way legal weed does

3 people like this