Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DudeMcDude

Joel Hanrahan 2014 Outlook

10 posts in this topic

He might be worth a stash for anyone with NA spots in their league. I stashed him in two because I had room. Rotoworld blurb below.

RECENT NEWS

According to Marc Carig of New York Newsday, the Mets are expected to watch free agent reliever Joel Hanrahan when he throws for teams in a few weeks.

Hanrahan, who is currently working his way back from Tommy John surgery, should be ready to contribute at some point during the first half. The Mets are focusing on internal options with Bobby Parnell (elbow) done for the year, but Hanrahan is a logical alternative for the late innings. He could get some save chances if he signs with New York. Apr 7 - 4:21 PM

Source: New York Newsday

I'm guessing he's signed by the weekend.

Joel Hanrahan: At least six teams to watch Joel Hanrahan

Joel Hanrahan - R - BOS - Apr. 13 - 2:09 pm et

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Mets, Yankees, Royals, Athletics, Red Sox and Dodgers are among the teams expected to watch Joel Hanrahan (elbow) throw on Thursday.

Heyman also lists the Cardinals, Indians, Rays, Rockies, Rangers and Angels as other teams that could possibly be interested in the veteran reliever. Hanrahan, who is 11 months removed from Tommy John and flexor tendon surgeries, had a throwing session for clubs last month and was reportedly clocked in the 90-92 mph range. He should catch on with someone soon. Apr. 13 - 2:09 pm et

Source: CBSSports.com

I clicked onto/into this thread and expected to possibly see the Mets front and center...

I have to think they're the favorites, especially with the injury to Parnell. Sure, Papa Grande is OK now, but he's gonna drop-off. Perhaps in the time from now, to them, 90-92 can err a little closer to something in the range of 92-95MPH, for a guy who lives on swing & miss stuff.

This said, the Mets had been linked to him even in the winter or over the winter meetings, or maybe late winter it was, after the winer meetings (JAN perhaps)-- but they've been linked multiple times now, and for that alone I view them as the favorites. NYY could always stand a chance, but I don't know/doubt it .... ditto to BOS. Once deposed in situation like that and knowing if/when Koji is back he's right out of the potential gig he may earn when there? I wouldn't wanna risk it in his shoes playing for next year really...

Mets have the best path to eventual saves and a potential value rebuild for a guy like him.

What's the chances of Joel coming in and actually doing well? I know a lot I that depends on the team he joins and the role he plays. Best case scenario he takes over for the mets. But is he a better alternative then papa grande

Depends what Hanrahan wants. Does he want to pitch on a good team with a chance to go deep into the playoffs and win a title? If so, he is likely coming in and pitching in 6th and 7th inning roles. However, if his goal is to rebuild his value as a closer, then a 1 yr deal with a team like the mets seems like his best bet.

Posted · Hidden by Patrick Bateman, May 2, 2014 - No reason given · Report post

Tigers fans ... is it worth it to pick up Hanrahan for saves in a league like mine that only allow eight total roster moves per year? Thanks.

Tigers fans ... is it worth it to pick up Hanrahan for saves in a league like mine that only allow eight total roster moves per year? Thanks.

no, past his best, recovering from tj surgery.

He might not even be next in line. The Tigers really like Joba, and bad luck aside, he's looked great so far in terms of K% and BB%.

I'm desperate for closers. What are the chances he comes back and wins the closer role?

Pretty much nonexistent. Joe Nathan has that job locked down.