Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013myyear

Roenis Elias 2014 Outlook

99 posts in this topic

3 very good starts in a row. anyone know anything about this guy? only 2% owned in yahoo leagues, seems promising so far.. will be get bumped out upon the return of iwakuma and walker?

also, this is the first time i'm starting a player thread. forgive me if it gets posted in the wrong place, or i didn't follow a rule or something.

Benched him last minute :unsure:

Watched most the game and he has really good command of his pitches and didn't make many mistakes, Impressive start at Texas.

3 very good starts in a row. anyone know anything about this guy? only 2% owned in yahoo leagues, seems promising so far.. will be get bumped out upon the return of iwakuma and walker?

also, this is the first time i'm starting a player thread. forgive me if it gets posted in the wrong place, or i didn't follow a rule or something.

He was in the starting lineup before Chris Young. So while Paxton is on the DL it looks like he's the 5th starter. And if things continue going the same way he'd stay in the lineup of Ramirez. I dropped Ramirez for Elias today as streamer. And I won't be picking him back up. Ramirez looks like garbage.

He was in the starting lineup before Chris Young. So while Paxton is on the DL it looks like he's the 5th starter. And if things continue going the same way he'd stay in the lineup of Ramirez. I dropped Ramirez for Elias today as streamer. And I won't be picking him back up. Ramirez looks like garbage.

Would be interesting to see if he continued to pitch well in Paxton's absence, as the 5th spot would then be up for battle. Potentially doesn't bode well for me, since I own Paxton...

I've been really impressed with him so far. Was worried that he simply wouldn't miss enough bats to be effective, but his command/location have been excellent. Iwakuma and Walker will both have spots when healthy, but he's making a case for the back end of the rotation. Tonight was great, more Ks and made it deeper into the game, like how he lives in the zone.

worth a flyer tomorrow @MIA?

I really like him. Chavez gets all of the glory because of the tats and weighing 120 soaking wet. But give Elias some credit. He's come out of nowhere.

1 person likes this

worth a flyer tomorrow @MIA?

I really like him. Chavez gets all of the glory because of the tats and weighing 120 soaking wet. But give Elias some credit. He's come out of nowhere.

I don't think that's why people like Chavez, people like Chavez because he's the real deal right now. Every stat there is to look at says Chavez is a under 3 ERA pitcher. I want that guy on my team. Pretty sure those serious about winning could care less about tats and weight size, if the results are there.

two starts next week: @Oakland and home vs. KC

Oakland is a little scary, but cushy ballpark, and then all of KC's good hitters are lefties, so those are decent matchups.

Hesitant to roll the dice though with his control problems from time to time. Could turn into one of those decisions that ruins WHIP for a week.

Curious to see what other people think of him going forward. The real deal, or still strictly a careful matchups play?

two starts next week: @Oakland and home vs. KC

Oakland is a little scary, but cushy ballpark, and then all of KC's good hitters are lefties, so those are decent matchups.

Hesitant to roll the dice though with his control problems from time to time. Could turn into one of those decisions that ruins WHIP for a week.

Curious to see what other people think of him going forward. The real deal, or still strictly a careful matchups play?

I'm treating him as a matchup play. Therefore, next week - with the 2 starts and good pitching venues - is the week to start him.

1 person likes this

whats his outlook when iwa and paxton, walker come back. back to AAA?

Elias should remain around as #5 SP, even when Walker and Paxton are back. Should look something like

1SP Felix

2SP Iwakuma

3SP Paxton

4SP Walker

5SP Elias

I wouldn't expect to see either Paxton or Walker until late-May though, at the earliest...and that's assuming they don't have setbacks (Walker already had one).

yes. better as the game goes on. early too many ball ones. the max will be 6 innings. if he is lucky with the lead.

very happy with what he did out there.. wouldve liked to have avoided the cespedes HR but still.. he winds up with a nice line vs a team that probably no one game him a shot against

His curve reminds me of CC's. He has some potential. He probably would be really good if he were on the Cardinals or Pirates.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, May 11, 2014 - No reason given · Report post

Dropped.