Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willsea33

Travis Snider 2014 Outlook

19 posts in this topic

Snider was a great minor league prospect but hasn't really put it all together in the big leagues. At only 26 years old, Snider has a chance to put it all together this season with full time at-bats in Pittsburgh. He has had a great start to the season already and could be a big surprise that is being overlooked so far. Worth a look in deeper leagues.

1 person likes this

Snider will have to stay hot ... possibly white hot in order to hold off Gregory Polanco. He should get most of the starts in RF for the next 6 to 8 weeks. After that Polanco may get the call up.

I agree he is worth a look, but come June (Polanco call up) he will become irrelevant.

With the Pirates facing all RHP in 7 starts, I picked Snider up for week 3 and I see that he faces possibly 6 of 7 for week 4. Too bad he doesn't get 100% of those RHP starts as they work Tabata in every once in a while (preferably against the Ace's). I have Polanco on my bench (keeper league), so I do hope there is a clean transition ... but in a very deep league, I'm hoping to steal a couple of weeks of production.

Off to a good start w/ a bomb last night.

Food for thought, if he proves to be capable with the bat and they want Polanco up, couldn't they move Snider to first? I watched him play in HS and scouts often said they thought he would eventually be transitioned to first base anyway due to his bigger body. I mean who is blocking him? Ishikawa? If Snider can prove to be a capable .775 to .800 OPS type hitter that should be enough to keep him in the lineup and shift the current Pirates crap 1st base situation into his favor.

He's slipping a little here. Not that I care or own him but 0 for 10 with a couple K's in the last three games. Maybe he heard Polanco's foot steps and all the Polanco hype in the back ground. Could have become quite interesting if Tabata did have a concussion, combined with this Snider mini slump.

He's slipping a little here. Not that I care or own him but 0 for 10 with a couple K's in the last three games. Maybe he heard Polanco's foot steps and all the Polanco hype in the back ground. Could have become quite interesting if Tabata did have a concussion, combined with this Snider mini slump.

Tabata had a pinch hit double in yesterdays game.

I know its a small sample, but the contact rate has been up this season and the power is starting to come back. Deep leaguers in need of some pop might want to give him a look. Also he has a good nickname, Lunchbox Hero.

Going into today's game, Travis Snider has hit .310/.365/.672 6 HR, 190 wRC+ since the All-Star break.

Not sure if he's under contract for next year but if he is he will be just a bench bat

bump for the hot schmotato

He may be worth an add for the next couple of days but Cutch is due back soon. Snider will be back to the #4 OF when Cutch returns and the Pirates will be starting Cutch, Polanco and Marte in their OF most days.

bump for the hot schmotato

He may be worth an add for the next couple of days but Cutch is due back soon. Snider will be back to the #4 OF when Cutch returns and the Pirates will be starting Cutch, Polanco and Marte in their OF most days.

Snider looks like he coukd really be turning the corner too. Hopefully they find a way to keep getting him consistent ABs.

Snider's playing time just took a hit:

Pirates manager Clint Hurdle expects Andrew McCutchen (rib) to be ready on Tuesday.

That's the first day that the star center fielder is eligible to return from the disabled list. McCutchen has made an incredibly quick recovery from an avulsion fracture of his 11th rib. It appears that he will skip a minor league rehab assignment.

Source: Tom Singer on Twitter

Aug 18 - 3:57 PM

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, August 19, 2014 - No Reason · Report post

How big of a hit is it? Is he droppable in most leagues now? I had him subbing for Rios while he decided to forget how to play baseball.

or did polanco's time get hit? snider got the nod in rf tonight against a lefty... went 2-3 with a double and a run... bucs win 3-2.

polanco down. snider facing all righties this week. rake city.

i'm really confident he's a must add for the week... and i feel a responsibility to tout away ... and i'd feel even more confident doing it if someone from the board agreed with me ... is everyone that hyped up on football?

i'm really confident he's a must add for the week... and i feel a responsibility to tout away ... and i'd feel even more confident doing it if someone from the board agreed with me ... is everyone that hyped up on football?

I'm with you, bro. He is facing some good starters though (Lynn, Wainright, Lackey, Cueto), so I'm not going completely nuts for Travis.

1 person likes this