Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BackwardsKRay

Dylan Bundy 2014 Outlook

71 posts in this topic

Between Kershaw's back problem, Salazar's command problems and Strasburg's head problems (*in Arthur Digby Seller's wife's voice*), my pitching has really sucked a** in the early going. I took a flier on Gausman hoping he'll make an impact soon, but what about the forgotten man in Baltimore, a certain country boy from Oklahoma who shares the same surname as the infamous serial killer from Los Angeles?

Any thoughts on what to expect from Mr. Bundy when he gets called up later this year? Do you think Baltimore will have him work out of the pen as he tries to rebound from TJ? There's currently no room for him in the rotation when he does get recalled, but obviously injuries can change that landscape in a hurry.

Im pretty sure this is the right spot for him as hes already had MLB experience, I may be wrong though

I think they stick him in the rotation. Whether thats due to injury or poor performance, maybe Miguel Gonzalez gets removed

1 person likes this

I drafted him to stash in a keeper league but ran out of roster room and he isn't DL eligible. I am keeping a close eye on his situation because he will be able to contribute high K/9 this season, if nothing else. Bundy probably doesn't need to be on the radar in my re-draft leagues because most WWs are loaded with similar options. The real reward with Bundy is that you might land yourself a future Cy-Young caliber pitcher for mere pennies.

Anyone know when he'll be pitching in games?

Im pretty sure this is the right spot for him as hes already had MLB experience, I may be wrong though

Since he played in the majors last year, it shouldn't be moving...

Since he played in the majors last year, it shouldn't be moving...

my bad.

He is going to start throwing breaking pitches very very soon. I think if he gets called up later this season perhaps September depending on how his rehab goes, he will be in the rotation.

Baltimore's rotation could be Tilly-Ubaldo-Chen/Norris-Bundy-Gausman by seasons end.

How many innings will they let Bundy throw this season? Or even next season for that matter.

He is going to start throwing breaking pitches very very soon. I think if he gets called up later this season perhaps September depending on how his rehab goes, he will be in the rotation.

Baltimore's rotation could be Tilly-Ubaldo-Chen/Norris-Bundy-Gausman by seasons end.

Speaking of breaking pitches, this reminded me of this video. One of the best curves I ever seen - seeing it like the hitter does.

http://baltimoresportsreport.com/video-dylan-bundys-curve-ball-is-ridiculous-29996.html

Speaking of breaking pitches, this reminded me of this video. One of the best curves I ever seen - seeing it like the hitter does.

http://baltimorespor...lous-29996.html

Yeah, as an O's fan and an owner in a Dynasty league I'm rooting for him. His stuff is nasty, hopefully his offspeed stuff isn't hurt too badly. I watched this video a while ago and just smiled.

How many innings will they let Bundy throw this season? Or even next season for that matter.

This depends on how his rehab goes, they will probably let him go 3 IP in his first couple starts until he is fully stretched out. I can't see him topping 80 IP if things go well. Next season, he could see 150 innings. That's a pure guess based on how they bring pitchers alongs after TJS. He is a big strong guy and has one of the stronger arms in baseball due to his training program, so who knows.

So probably 2016 before he can go 180 innings. And maybe 2017 till he can go 200+. I can see that, most teams like the 30 inning jump. Still a ton of upside but a long time to wait too.

I don't really see the point in a redraft, but in a keeper yeah you should be all over that.

threw 4 perfect inning today in a sim game. Time to stash? Rotoworld saying he can be back around all-star break. Might be able to help out for a little before being shut down.

Rotoworld - http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/6589/dylan-bundy

Is there any source of an innings cap for this year or talk of shutting him down early? He has what, 10-15 rehab innings so far?

Are we looking at mid July return? Where does he rank (long term) over other top pitching prospects, I remember when he was the top prospect in baseball before the injury.

Is he gonna be strictly a bullpen guy or starter this year?

1 person likes this

Are we looking at mid July return? Where does he rank (long term) over other top pitching prospects, I remember when he was the top prospect in baseball before the injury.

As a Cole owner in a keeper league (ie. Cole is my franchise guy), I'm expecting Bundy to be the better pitcher of the two long term.

Was he called up??

You surely know that he isn't even on his rehab assignment, right?

As a Cole owner in a keeper league (ie. Cole is my franchise guy), I'm expecting Bundy to be the better pitcher of the two long term.

AL East vs NL :blink: