Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

am5465

OF+SP for McCutchen - who should i offer? Whir!

14 posts in this topic

McCutchen's owner wants to move him and obviously i'd like to grab him while his value is down. I'd like to move Choo and a SP for Cutch, though i dont want to kill my pitching staff.

What is a reasonable offer to make? Should i even bother, since while my rotation is decent it isnt an elite rotation?

I uh... dont have Wacha?

1 person likes this

I think its going to take Choo and Sale. Cross your fingers he settles for gio,teheran or shields. teheran might be the easiest sell without giving up sale after his dominant start yesterday.

I can't see your roster on my phone but Lester and choo is sick for mccutchen. I doubt he'd do it though

Try to get Wacha so you can package him and Choo

What?? I'm sorry but that makes no sense.

Agree with Brol on this one. Sale and Choo is probably the best "realistic" package you can offer, but even that will likely be vetoed. Generally when you are trading for a first round pick - and in this case a player with an ADP in the Top 5 - you are going to need to offer at least a 2nd round talent and another player to a smart owner.

Choo is a consistent fantasy option, but he's also boring with a high floor and a low-ceiling. This never bodes will for trade value in my experience. He will never be a stud and most owners are aware of this. Compounding this issue is that Choo is off to a slow start and the Texas offense looks bad in general. The guy who owns McCutchen is likely panicking and he wants pretty early season numbers in return.

Sale may be able to convince him, but if I were the McCutchen owner (and I was panicking) I'd still veto immediately or counter with Choo-Sale-Springer (the latter who I would flip). Sorry for the CSB at the end there >.>.