Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LyondellBasell

Andrew Romine 2014 Outlook

5 posts in this topic

this guy is playing SS for the Tigers. He's 28. He has 4 walks and 3 sbs in the last five games.

wassup?

As a Detroit fan, he's all we got at the moment. He is a classic platoon type player tho, nothing special so far, but the job is his every day right now, and for the foreseeable future. He doesn't really have power or elite speed but he seems to be quick enough to steal a bag, and our new manager Ausmus has been obsessed with stealing bases so far. So he could put up some SB numbers, with not a terrible average, but with not a lot of power.

2 people like this

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, April 24, 2014 - No reason given · Report post

In a 12 team AL only he'w worth using. Not many options at shortstop so I won't laugh at using him. I grabbed him in my AL only and its paid off. As said above he's playing everyday with Danny Worth the other option. Sorry some don't look at him as Tulo but when the pickings are thin he looks as good as Reyes

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, April 24, 2014 - No reason given · Report post

In a 12 team AL only he'w worth using. Not many options at shortstop so I won't laugh at using him. I grabbed him in my AL only and its paid off. As said above he's playing everyday with Danny Worth the other option. Sorry some don't look at him as Tulo but when the pickings are thin he looks as good as Reyes

Worth actually got the start today, but Romine will probably be back tomorrow because he's played pretty well for us so far. But it's sad that our SS position is so damn awful that we actually NEED these guys. Avoid them in all but the deepest leagues like he said.