Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BackwardsKRay

Dellin Betances 2014 Outlook

293 posts in this topic

This guy is quietly dominating in the early going -- tied with Kimbrel, K-Rod, Withrow and Carlos Torres for second place among all relievers in Ks (behind Jansen with 25). Lot of walks, but still has a WHIP under 1, which is a testament to his filthy stuff.

Thoughts on this guy moving up the bullpen ladder into the setup role for the Yanks as the season wears on?

No way he closes barring DRob going down again, but yeah you could make a case right now he's pitching like their second best reliever.

say robertson does go down kelly was pretty legit as the closer would they have kelly be the closer again?

say robertson does go down kelly was pretty legit as the closer would they have kelly be the closer again?

Batances doesn't have Girardi's full trust yet, as Shawn Kelley is still above him on the depth chart. Kelley gets next shot to close again, unless he shows that he can't do it.

Geez. Got to see Dellin pitch today... K machine. Those are some nice looking fastballs coming in in the mid to high 90's. Locates them well, too. The knuckle-curve tho, that is a weapon. He has future closer written all over him.

Not sure if he moves up into the 8th inning this year unless Kelley gets hurt, but I'm keeping my eye on him.

1 person likes this

Gives up run but still solid for us in leagues where MRs are valuable.

One infield hit and the other went through where the SS should of been if not the shift

He's filthy.. control still an issue at times but man does he look impressive out of the pen.

This guy just deals. Seems to do well getting out of pressure situations. Another 3 ks tonight.

Im in a 10 team league and this guy has me contemplating picking him up just for Ks and ratio help. The yanks use him an awful lot and I have a feeling if something were to happen to Robertson again they would give Betances a shot to close. Hes a strikeout machine.

I've been holding him in my Dynasty league for about 3 years...I've been waiting for this.

1 person likes this

He definitely did a nice job against the heart of the Rays order today and with a 3 run lead in the 8th (higher leverage than he has been getting)

any chance he can replace nuno as the 5th starter?? who would be next in line???

any chance he can replace nuno as the 5th starter?? who would be next in line???

At this point I think he's staying in the pen man. He looks dominant in the pen. I don't think the Yanks mess with that.

zero chance. Hes a failed starter. His career belongs on the pen

Wow, came in with 1 out bases loaded (down 1 run) and gets two K's to keep the deficit at 1. That's some high pressure success!

1 person likes this