kidtwentytwo

All Fat Guy team

I think Ryu should get a spot due to the ridiculous fatness of his face.

• Like 1

Cecil should have made the list. Prince is a Vegitarian. Pretty sure that'd be frowned upon and cause some tension in the clubhouse.

Prince hasn't be a vegetarian for a couple of years now. Guess he gave it up so he could de-condition himself enough to make this prestigious list here. He will now be so devastated he didn't he will be back on the healthy carrots again. See what you guys just did to this poor guy. Drove him into becoming a carrot addict.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

How about Tony Gwynn???

Jose Valverde has quite the belly.

Dmitri Young was a solid hitter, and a porker. 4th outfielder?

Miguel Cabrera is pretty hefty.

Billy Butler belongs on this list somehow. His nickname is "Country Breakfast"

How about Tony Gwynn???

Jose Valverde has quite the belly.

Dmitri Young was a solid hitter, and a porker. 4th outfielder?

Miguel Cabrera is pretty hefty.

Dmitri Young was a major oversight.

You gotta squeeze Walter Young in there...38.2 BMI in 2005. That's ridiculous.

He's the fattest player ever according to google but I though it was more of a 'decent players that are fat and could make up a team' thread.

is there room for hideki irabu?

If you grease the doors and knock out a wall, yes.

• Like 3

Stopped reading after seeing that not one Fielder made the team.

Marry me.

Are we still looking for a 2B- among other positions here?! I know I'll be able to come up with SOMEONE/thing if I just give it some thought. Or maybe this is an old thread that just happens to appear at the top feed when I'm viewing the main page and someone thought of one already..... anyway, I already thought of my choice for the all-fat team @ 2B: Ronnie Belliard, with his backup being Lenny Harris- and hell...he can be everyone's backup.

OK, so you need a SS? That will be a cakewalk for me if certain rules need not apply (ie can it be someone who formerly played the position, for example-yet is still active, and playing a new position full-time but a fatty... so long as he logged a lot of innings at SS while he was fat at least? Because I've got one I think and it was just because his name went across my TV)

.... with 5 minutes of thought let alone even more, I could probably- as pathetic, and depressing as it is- come up with 4 or 5 all-fatty teams. It's easy to find or just think up fat dudes in MLB... an all-short team (height req. of 5'10" or less for batters; 5'11-6'0" on the sites that lie about pitchers height for their sake would be my suggested cutoffs although it's not like there aren't small pitchers succeeding ie Yordano and in a big way har har a pun) would be fun to try to come up with actually, thinking about it...and honestly, maybe more difficult because most of the small guys who can make it do so because they're really good, so for every fat dude list with El Guapo at CL and other bums & such, it might be harder to find smaller guys for every position.... I'd love to see a list of 5'8"-5'10" and under for batters and 5'11" at the most for pitchers. That would be fun to come up with.

Edited by Milk Me

I was once at the AA Eastern League all-star game. Walter had just gotten a single and was standing on first. We joked "I'd love to see him try to score on a double right now."

Sure enough, the next batter laced one down the 3B line. Young looked like he needed an oxygen tank by the time he made it to third base. Not even a chance of him trying to score.

• Like 1

I was once at the AA Eastern League all-star game. Walter had just gotten a single and was standing on first. We joked "I'd love to see him try to score on a double right now."

Sure enough, the next batter laced one down the 3B line. Young looked like he needed an oxygen tank by the time he made it to third base. Not even a chance of him trying to score.

Ha. I recall playing in OOTP online dynasty games, and we (the commissioners) intentionally changed his weight each year, bumping it up until he retired a FA eventually. I think by the he was pushing 460.... probably somewhere close to where he is at today I bet.

Anyone know if video exists or ever existed of the shot he hit during practice or BP or something like that? ETA was way beyond 500 feet I think... the estimate had it not hit a garage or factory across from the stadium, some such like that, was something nutty like 570 I think.... if I'm remembering right. I know Glenallen had that absurd rooftop homerun and Kingman had one that was even more impressive (IMO), but both of those are on video and easy to find. I'd love to see footage of that HR Walter Young hit, if it's out there....

I remember watching Steve Balboni play for the M's when I was growing up. He was huge! I always love the fat guys being plump myself

Edited by ejb770

How about Honus Wagner for the SS, supposedly the Flying Dutchman was rather large and ungainly, despite having speed

WagnerHonus.jpg

King Kelly had a huge personality. Does that count?

Also, he played every position Throw him at whatever position you need.

Kingkellyphoto.jpg

Look how dapper he is!

• Like 1