Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

front 2 back

C.J. Cron 2014 Outlook

650 posts in this topic

Angels purchased the contract of 1B C.J. Cron from Triple-A Salt Lake.

Cron was hitting .319/.369/.602 with 12 doubles, six home runs, and 26 RBI in 28 games this season for Salt Lake. He is batting fifth and serving as the Angels' designated hitter Saturday in his major league debut. The 24-year-old could push his way into a semi-regular role and is worth grabbing in deeper mixed fantasy leagues.

Finally called up, hopefully he can get enough bats

First found draft pick, but he sort of stunk it up over a full season in AA. Went gangbusters when he hit the PCL, not surprisingly.

Can't help but think right now that he'd be getting the DH AB's vs LHP with Ibanez getting the AB's vs RHP. It's early May, so I don't think the Halos have pulled the plug on Ibanez just yet. With that said, I do think Cron supplants Ibanez eventually this season as the teams everyday DH(while getting starts at 1B when Pujols DH's...allowing him to maintain 1B eligibility in fantasy leagues)

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, May 4, 2014 - No reason given · Report post

Can't help but think right now that he'd be getting the DH AB's vs LHP with Ibanez getting the AB's vs RHP. It's early May, so I don't think the Halos have pulled the plug on Ibanez just yet. With that said, I do think Cron supplants Ibanez eventually this season as the teams everyday DH(while getting starts at 1B when Pujols DH's...allowing him to maintain 1B eligibility in fantasy leagues)

That could make him a very good add in Daily Leagues. I jsut dropped Sergio for him, so we'll see if he can give me something good.

C.J. Cron has a whole lot of upside. His shoulder is 100% this year and the power stroke is clearly there. 19 extra base hits in 28 games. Well under a strikeout a game. He could really take off this year. But like mentioned above his playing time will likely be a bit sporadic to start.

Second coming of Trumbo?

I hope not, or else we're in for a horrid second half.

Also if anyone wondering about position eligibility outside of 1B, this guy is supposed to be a horrid defender. He's not moving to a corner OF.

How can a Minor league player who has never seen MLB pitching be a better hitter than a major league player...at least say his minor numbers are better or something.

that being said...if he goes bombsauce today then he should be owned in all leagues

How can a Minor league player who has never seen MLB pitching be a better hitter than a major league player...at least say his minor numbers are better or something.

that being said...if he goes bombsauce today then he should be owned in all leagues

has a better hit tool then Trumbo I think could be a fair statement for a minor leaguer ( I don't personally know much about Cron) which is essentially the same thing.

He shows a better hit tool than Trumbo did at the same stage in his career/development. Neither guy walks much, but Cron will have better contact rates.

Saw a lot of threads about him in the AC forum. Honestly don't know anything about him. Does he have a chance to be relevant in redrafts?

Bring up the wolfs head

Cron! Cron! Cron!

Cron: Legacy

1 person likes this

Pulled out a little shadiness and put Iwakuma back on the DL to pick him up. I always thought he was a hot shot prospect but Sickels only gave him a C+. Any chance he sticks on the major league roster and maybe even kicks Ibanez out when Hamilton/Calhoun get healthy?

Cron: Legacy

Haha.. Will be watching closely. As a Calhoun owner not sure if his success can hamper Calhoun's playing time.

I think dh he will take over as dh sooner rather than later. Ibanez isn't much of a road block.