Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

Marcus Stroman 2014 Outlook

514 posts in this topic

Starting in the pen.....

Blue Jays purchased the contract of RHP Marcus Stroman from Triple-A Buffalo.

Stroman is going to pitch out of the bullpen initially, but the Blue Jays will likely find a rotation spot for him soon. The 23-year-old right-hander had an outstanding 1.69 ERA, 1.08 WHIP, and 36/7 K/BB ratio in 26 2/3 innings this season at the Triple-A level. Baseball Prospectus ranked him a Top 30 prospect over the winter. Stash him now in standard fantasy leagues.

they already went to a 6-man rotation. Why call him up now??

edit: the bullpen actually needs help. Do they want him there for a month?? I'm not sure that's a great idea. Would rather he stay stretched out.

1 person likes this

they already went to a 6-man rotation. Why call him up now??

edit: the bullpen actually needs help. Do they want him there for a month?? I'm not sure that's a great idea. Would rather he stay stretched out.

If McGowan gets torched again tomorrow then things may change although I think it will take a little longer than that....

To the bullpen for long relief tomorrow. Then to the rotation and McGowan to the pen

I read that the wanted McGowan in the BP cause of fatigue. With morrow on the 60 day DL, it shouldn't be long before stroman is in the rotation. Right?

Any chance he is the closer?

So.......

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a_clink_large.jpg

"What are the chances of a guy like you and a girl like me..."

If they're going to move him to the rotation they better do it inside of two weeks otherwise they're going to have to stretch him out again.

Move doesn't make much sense for the Jays. They have Happ and McGowan in the rotation over Stroman right now.

I think it's only for the next 2 days as the guy they really want in the bullpen is Neil Wagner but he can't be recalled for another 2 days.

I think Stroman is in the pen as insurance for 2 days basically. In case McGowan gets lit up and they don't have innings in the pen or something.

1 person likes this

Move doesn't make much sense for the Jays. They have Happ and McGowan in the rotation over Stroman right now.

I think it's only for the next 2 days as the guy they really want in the bullpen is Neil Wagner but he can't be recalled for another 2 days.

I think Stroman is in the pen as insurance for 2 days basically. In case McGowan gets lit up and they don't have innings in the pen or something.

that makes the most sense

Pretty good analysis.....plausible. We need a Canadian to give us the 411.

Pretty good analysis.....plausible. We need a Canadian to give us the 411.

Well ya, that's me lol.

Little confused here. He might be sent down? Or he should be part of the rotation in the next couple of days?

Little confused here. He might be sent down? Or he should be part of the rotation in the next couple of days?

Rotation in the next couple days I'm guessing. Really no one around the team knows what's going on yet. I'm sure we'll find out soon.

Another thing is that AA seems loyal to Happ because Happ sort of signed his contract expecting to be a SP and then got bumped to the #6 and had to go to Buffalo last year. And AA is a better man than he is a GM so it's possible he's going to give another shot at the rotation because last year his year basically ended with that liner off the head. That's just some sort of wild speculation from me knowing the way the FO operates.

Those who think he is insurance for 2 days and will then get a spot in the rotation... who would he bump? Happ?

Those who think he is insurance for 2 days and will then get a spot in the rotation... who would he bump? Happ?

Probably McGowan. But also Happ, why not? bump all the bums.

Hey if he pitches well enough, he'll for sure get a spot. Let's get to the kore important question: how good is his stuff really? Top 30 prospect is all I know.