Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sidearmer

5/4 Mega GameDay Thread

97 posts in this topic

Fernandez, Wood, Bumgarner, Verlander, Gray, Volquez, McHugh, Gonzalez, Darvish, Gee, Lynn.

Lots of good pitching today. Get away day for a lot of teams. Expecting little offense.

Never seen someone throw it right down the middle of the plate as often as CC

1 person likes this

Abreu fouled one of his instep/ankle, hopped around in pain for a minute, stepped back in and launched a bomb

Jose made Puig look overmatched and was smiling the entire AB.

He makes everyone look overmatched.

smiling? Oh noes

smiling? Oh noes

I love it. For some reason others don't. Broadcast just kept showing as if it were a story.

Stanton missile makes it 2-0.

Fernandez, Wood, Bumgarner, Verlander, Gray, Volquez, McHugh, Gonzalez, Darvish, Gee, Lynn.

Lots of good pitching today. Get away day for a lot of teams. Expecting little offense.

I believe Alfredo Simon has better numbers than every single one of these guys and is left out. Poor guy.

Why Stanton gets anything close to the strike zone thrown to him by a soft tosser is beyond me.

Today marks the second straight start where he has incorporated an absolutely filthy change-up to go along with his fastball and the Defector. I don't even to know what to say other than I have no idea how people are going to hit him at all if he has remotely decent control.

3 + pitches that include a 98 fastball and one of the best slurves in the game? GTFO

Did anybody see what happened in the braves game? I heard part of it, something about taking the run or taking 1st and 3rd?

I need Volquez to fail getting the QS.

With the way the Jays have been swinging, (outside of yesterday's error-fueled game), I'm not liking my chances.

Wil Myers inside the park HR. Ellsbury jumped for the ball and it bounced off the wall in Right-Center. Beltran lazily was not backing up at all, then made a horrible relay throw.

Catchers interference on a ground ball to first base that score Pence from third base, manager had the chance choose if he wanted the run to score or men on 1st and 3rd .. he took the run

1 person likes this

I need Volquez to fail getting the QS.

With the way the Jays have been swinging, (outside of yesterday's error-fueled game), I'm not liking my chances.

That didn't last long lol.

1 person likes this

grand slam Rasmus!!!!!

No QS for Volquez and I can already stop watching :)

That was a hilarious hanging slider from Volquez. But before that unlucky inning: squeezed on back-to-back walks and then Mercer couldn't get the ball out of his glove and they ruled an infield single for Lawrie.

Unfortunate stream.

I love it though. Now I don't need to start Hammel tonight