Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MireLurker

Michael Saunders 2014 Outlook

13 posts in this topic

Is he regaining relevance again, or just on one of his hot streaks?

Saunders has burned me before as an Ms fan and fantasy owner, but one thing that makes me a bit more encouraged than his streaky tack record would normally have me is he's cut down the Ks. Read an ESPN blurb he has the fewest of any Seattle player with more than 50 ABs. He's always had intriguing speed and pop, and while I don't think he'll ever be useful against LHP, he's a good extra OF in fantasy you can matchup play if the increased contact rate is real.

1 person likes this

what to make of these numbers.

2014 vs RH - .238/.298/.429/.726

2014 vs LH - .300/.417/.300/.717

With Almonte in the minors he should get consistent AB's. He has sneak power/speed.. though so far he hasn't really shown much of either (CS 3 to 1 SB). Worth a look in deep leagues though, if he can reduce his K's he will have a little value.

He's a hitter and he plays for Seattle which means that he'll be irrelevant again soon.

1 person likes this

He's a hitter and he plays for Seattle which means that he'll be irrelevant again soon.

Exactly, he will tease you for a week or 2 and then go back to being Turd Ferguson.

He has 10 AB against lefties....with singles off Kuechel, Maronde and Thornton. I sure hope we're not going to attempt to read anything into it.

He has 10 AB against lefties....with singles off Kuechel, Maronde and Thornton. I sure hope we're not going to attempt to read anything into it.

I'm looking more at his numbers against RHP. I don't think his numbers against LHP will continue and will come back to normal, which means his overall numbers wont be much different than what he has been in each of the last 2 seasons.

he is still good/useful, and if he gets the playing time as a regular he could still go 20/20 as he almost did in 2012.

He and James Jones hitting atop the Mariners line up have been 2 of the best AL outfielders over the past 3 weeks, but nobody seems to notice either of them...

I feel like this dude goes on a mini hot-streak and looks appealing on the waiver wire every season, supposedly he has the tools though. I picked him up yesterday after Myers went down and he homered today. I'll take what I can get.

He will continue to see hittable pitches as long as he hits in the #2 spot(in front of Cano).

it's nice to have Saunders back off the DL, but what the hell is he doing so far down in the lineup?! dude was raking batting in front of Cano! now Edny Chavez is DH and batting leadoff?!?