Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nittanychris

James Jones 2014 Outlook

73 posts in this topic

Calling all Mariners fans...what do you think of this guy? What can we expect from him? Will he get regular starts or will Saunders' recent hot streak resign him to a 4th OF role? Is he worth a nice free agent auction bid in an AL Only League?

Thanks in advance!

The timing is interesting because Saunders has actually been hitting. I too am in need of an OF that gets on base. Will be watching closely

Seems to be starting against righties and even leading off. Minor league numbers show 10HR/20SB upside with a decent average and he's hitting well so far. Worth a look in deep leagues?

curious as to what his SB could be like. success rate doesn't look all that good in the minors.

2012 he had 26 SB with 17 CS.

2013 he had 28 SB with 9 CS

this season he had 5 SB with 3 CS.

Maybe a spark a team could use

I like this guy in deeper leagues. I think some he can give some decent production. Has the ability to get on base, steal a couple of bags. Plays an above average center field as well, so he should see regular playing time vs righties. Some one to keep tabs on.

Former WR for the Green Bay Packers?

No but I am listening to "Certified Gangstas" right now. Him and Game really make a good team

We Mariners fans have given up on our hitting prospects, so we're no help at this point.

1 person likes this

Surprised theres not more buzz about this guy. Currently on a 10 game hitting streak and seems to have solidified his position as the Mariners leadoff hitter. Has some extra base pop and should be good for at least 15 stolen bases ROS. Pick him up now while you still can.

Another day, another hit, another run. Doing an excellent job leading off. Could keep this job for a while.

Really like this guy. Had a great spring training too and there were a lot of people who said he should have made the team instead of Almonte, and now he's showing why. If he keeps playing like this he will definitely be their lead off hitter and starting CF for the rest of this season and maybe into the future as well.

He and Edgar Martinez are the club’s only players to hit safely in each of their first 10 big league starts, now passing Edgar.

kids on a 12 game hitting streak. he also just made a great running/jumping catch on ball at the warning track. seems to be bringing some excitement atop the lineup. also seems to know how to take walks. hmmm

Doesn't he have plus plus speed? Why doesn't he run more, he always seems to be on base...?

well in 1900 minors ABs he stole 99 of 144, for a 69% success rate. not great.

Doesn't he have plus plus speed? Why doesn't he run more, he always seems to be on base...?

well in 1900 minors ABs he stole 99 of 144, for a 69% success rate. not great.

That'd do it, thanks.

hmm, i'm taking a flyer here. he's really the only guy on my wire that offers stolen bases and regular playing time atop a lineup (ie. contributing runs).

his minors OB skills are decent to good. he stole his 7th today (only 1 CS) in about 115 ABs. not a bad pace. he seems to struggle with lefties a little (small sample) but has 2 hits off Price today. i also like that he has shown a bit of pop in the minors too. he's 6'4 and lanky, reminds me a bit like Dexter Fowler, maybe without the ridiculous OB skills and a bit more speed.

I've been on this train for over a month now but nobody seems to give this guy any respect. He's sitting out there on just about every WW even though he bats leadoff or 2nd every night, hits close to .300, and steals bases at a great clip. At his current pace, he would steal 36 bags in 600 ABs. People have to start noticing him sooner or later.

just stole his 3rd tonight. and yes the lack of attention this guy is getting on here is criminal.

2 people like this

Just grabbed him, he's got some good pitching matchups ahead.

Good looking out, fellas.