Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thejamman

Jason Motte 2014 Outlook

15 posts in this topic

Not to sure about this guy. I mean, Rosenthal has only blown 1 save thus far, but the rest of the stats don't make me feel as cool as I used to having him on my roster. Walks kill. Anyway, Motte's velocity is back to 95-96 and that was on 5/5. His rehab has gone swimmingly thus far and if Siegrist or Martinez don't get in the way the job looks like his to lose. If the system fails that is. On a more separate and personal question to Cardinals fans out there, do they have a Motte's Brat's night at the ballpark?

Motte says that he's purposely taken it slow, so that when he does come back, he's 100% ready to go.

Back to backs, up and downs in the bullpen, etc.

So, I believe that if Rosenthal is on the outs, Motte is the #1 choice to oust him.

Carlos and Siegrist haven't been amazing.

I'd personally like Rosenthal to go to the 8th if this keeps happening.

Either way, Motte's return is going to help all 3 of these guys as far as appearances go

Mod please update the thread title.. Looks just weird. But anyway I'd stash if I have room.

He's days away from getting activated and returning to the Cards bullpen. He should be a setup-up man in the beginning, but with Rosenthal's awful ERA, how long will it take for Motte to get closing opportunities?

He's days away from getting activated and returning to the Cards bullpen. He should be a setup-up man in the beginning, but with Rosenthal's awful ERA, how long will it take for Motte to get closing opportunities?

Good question...curious what the Cards fans think of all this.

I honestly would not count on this guy. We've seen countless guys who are coming back from TJS and it just takes them a while to be the same.

I honestly would not count on this guy. We've seen countless guys who are coming back from TJS and it just takes them a while to be the same.

Ya I just picked him up and locked him in for a few years in my keeper.

No one's counting on him, they're stashing him on their DL and bench in case something happens.

NO RISK, possible reward.

1 person likes this

Yeah, my closer situation is pretty bleak so he's just a speculative add. Worst case scenario, we drop him for someone else. Best case, Rosenthal blows some saves and he we get a free closer. I doubt anyone's really holding their breath.

Yeah, my closer situation is pretty bleak so he's just a speculative add. Worst case scenario, we drop him for someone else. Best case, Rosenthal blows some saves and he we get a free closer. I doubt anyone's really holding their breath.

Rosenthal doesn't even have to blow saves. If motte shows he can return to form, and rosenthal keeps letting up runs, motte will become the closer quickly and suddenly.

1 person likes this

Rosenthal doesn't even have to blow saves. If motte shows he can return to form, and rosenthal keeps letting up runs, motte will become the closer quickly and suddenly.

source?

What, if anything, does Matheny using Rosenthal on 4 straight days and 5 of 6 mean about their plans with Motte?

1 person likes this

source?

Common sense.

What, if anything, does Matheny using Rosenthal on 4 straight days and 5 of 6 mean about their plans with Motte?

I wondered the same thing. It could mean that he has tons of faith in Rosenthal and sees Rosey as his closer barring a total meltdown. Or it could simply mean that the Cards have had a ton of save opportunities and Matheny is just an idiot for overusing Rosenthal. My guess is that he isn't even thinking about Motte since he's not around yet. Motte still has some checkpoints to pass before he's even ready to be put in the role. Until then, Rosenthal is his guy. Other ideas?

I wondered the same thing. It could mean that he has tons of faith in Rosenthal and sees Rosey as his closer barring a total meltdown. Or it could simply mean that the Cards have had a ton of save opportunities and Matheny is just an idiot for overusing Rosenthal. My guess is that he isn't even thinking about Motte since he's not around yet. Motte still has some checkpoints to pass before he's even ready to be put in the role. Until then, Rosenthal is his guy. Other ideas?

An overly pessimistic Motte enthusiest might think their perspective is "If he's not dependable for 4 in a row, then he's not our guy" and that "...this was his last chance to prove he's the guy".