Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dumb walk-off celebrations...

37 posts in this topic

Who was it that blew out their ACL jumping on home plate a year or two ago?

Kendrys Morales?

I think it was like 3 years ago at this point.

I think it's more of a joke than anything, I don't mind seeing the players have fun sometimes

3 people like this

I think it's more of a joke than anything, I don't mind seeing the players have fun sometimes

Should they have gone out an celebrated with Justin Grimm instead?

Reminded me of Roger Dorn taking one for the team, I laughed

1 person likes this

The Prince Fielder bowling ball one a few years ago was ridiculous.

That resulted in a Barry Zito curveball to the ribs for his transgressions!

didn't see anything over the top there. winning a 12 inning game would be quite gratifying and rewarding.

X2

I think the HBP celebration is hilarious. It's more of a "tongue and cheek" type of thing than anything.

I would do the same thing, because it is such a ridiculous way to win. Sometimes its fun to go full douchebag. SELL IT

1 person likes this

I am waiting for the walk-off wild pitch/passed ball... Does the winning team celebrate with the pitcher and catcher?

I am waiting for the walk-off wild pitch/passed ball... Does the winning team celebrate with the pitcher and catcher?

They would most likely celebrate the winning runner. I don't really see your beef, should they not celebrate a hard fought W in that case? Maybe put their heads down and walk into the dugout? I'm confused.

Walk off balk would probably have to be the worst.

1 person likes this

Isn't that how Henderson Alvarez won his no hitter last year?

morales i believe.

He broke his leg, that's it. And he missed basically an entire season because he's a very slow healer apparently.

morales i believe.

He broke his leg, that's it. And he missed basically an entire season because he's a very slow healer apparently.

I guess the degenerative cysts, scar tissue and the second surgery that was needed didn't count then. What a wuss.

1 person likes this

They would most likely celebrate the winning runner. I don't really see your beef, should they not celebrate a hard fought W in that case? Maybe put their heads down and walk into the dugout? I'm confused.

I don't think you need to have a mob like celebration on something like this... A home run definitely, but a HBP or a walk?

Your Giants pitchers and their unwritten rules.

Not on the list of dumb walk-off celebrations, anything Puig does, because its automatically awesome.

Your Giants pitchers and their unwritten rules.

Not on the list of dumb walk-off celebrations, anything Puig does, because its automatically awesome.

'

Why you trollin' me!

You Puigapologista!

Just because I lost my Fernandez doesn't mean that Puig will carry you to a title!

1 person likes this

I encourage more theatrics/celebrations in sports. It's supposed to be fun

bad enough the NFL keeps making rule changes on TD celebrations, etc. Let them enjoy the win

2 people like this

I don't think you need to have a mob like celebration on something like this... A home run definitely, but a HBP or a walk?

A guy got on base, then scored the winning run, didn't he?

I also don't understand this thread at all. It's fun. Loosen your g-string.

I encourage more theatrics/celebrations in sports. It's supposed to be fun

bad enough the NFL keeps making rule changes on TD celebrations, etc. Let them enjoy the win

The NFL limiting celebrations is just stupid. In that sport, guys can really settle it on the field if a guy is too theatrical. I don't understand why the NFL feels the need to not allow any emotion in a sport based more on emotion than any other. Anyway, back to baseball.