Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MiggyRunsTings

5/15/14 Gameday Thread

96 posts in this topic

Cueto looks like he's just impossible to hit hard right now.

Yup. Pairing the worst offense with the best pitcher right now could be fun afternoon lol.

Kennedy isn't gonna last more than 5

You'd be assuming he's going to pitch all 20 pitch innings from here on out?

I would take that bet, I think he goes 6 plus.

Kennedy isn't gonna last more than 5

You'd be assuming he's going to pitch all 20 pitch innings from here on out?

I would take that bet, I think he goes 6 plus.

I hope so. I need a QS. But doesn't look promising.

How did Ricky Weeks fail to score from 3rd on a double play? Anyone watching? Was the ball just hit that hard or is Ricky weeks just that bad at baseball?

Edit: I see now that it was hit to the pitcher, but still, as soon as he turns to second and throws it, you gotta break.

How did Ricky Weeks fail to score from 3rd on a double play? Anyone watching? Was the ball just hit that hard or is Ricky weeks just that bad at baseball?

Edit: I see now that it was hit to the pitcher, but still, as soon as he turns to second and throws it, you gotta break.

i'm curious, how would that be different from 1st and 3rd, and a guy steals 2nd base and runner on 3rd holds at 3rd. if anything it's a shorter throw from the pitcher in this scenario. seems like a dangerous gamble.

He probably should've broke home right when it was hit to the pitcher. Then he would get in a rundown or be thrown out but that would be 1 out and runners on 1st and 2nd as the worst outcome. Maybe he could stay in the rundown long enough to have them reach 2nd and 3rd.

Todd Frazier just got caught stealing by a pretty much perfect throw by Grandal. Surprised at how fast he was though. Feel like Frazier could provided some sneaky SB value from 3B.

When I first started writing and covering prospects, my first piece was on comparing the futures of Buchholz vs. Hughes, both "future aces" and how exciting it would be to see them go against one another many times in the future. Oy.

2 people like this

Cueto looks like he's just impossible to hit hard right now.

Yup. Pairing the worst offense with the best pitcher right now could be fun afternoon lol.

That's how I felt when JoFer started against them. Of course I don't own Cueto anywhere

Is this when Hammel finally turns into a pumpkin?

Wacha two run single off Hammel. Followed by a ball smashed off the wall by MCarp, 4-0 Cards. Regression time for Mr. Hammel.

1 person likes this