Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FouLLine

Jimmy Nelson 2014 Outlook

217 posts in this topic

With Yovani Gallardo hurting his ankle in his last start The Brewers brought up Jimmy Nelson from AAA to get the start Sunday.

Jimmy Nelson has been dominant this year in The PCL with a line of:

1.71 ERA, 0.931 WHIP, and a 9.00 K/9 over 58 innings.

Now there hasn't been any news to believe that Gallardo will miss an extended period of time or even land on The DL. But Jimmy Nelson will be getting the ball Sunday for sure. Not sure how much opportunity Nelson will get past Sunday but he could be a very nice stream with potential to possibly get another start here if he does well.

This guy isn't even available in Yahoo right now. Not sure how he will adjust or how long he stays but considering he is arguably Milwaukee's best pitching prospect he might be worth a gamble.

He is available on most Yahoo leagues, maybe your league has restrictions. Been stashing this guy so hoping he comes out dishing.

1 person likes this

I grabbed him for a ML spot. Buys me a little time to see how he does and what they plan to do with him.

That's very weird he is available in 1 of my leagues but not my other. We use NA and specs and both leagues and I don't see any restriction on the rule page. Maybe this is just a glitch with Yahoo. Anyone else unable to add him?

That's very weird he is available in 1 of my leagues but not my other. We use NA and specs and both leagues and I don't see any restriction on the rule page. Maybe this is just a glitch with Yahoo. Anyone else unable to add him?

Commish settings --> players available as Yahoo adds them.

Can't be changed midseason

I was able to add him in my Yahoo league. He's listed as Not Active and designated as P (not SP). I'll be rolling him out.

I was able to add him in my Yahoo league. He's listed as Not Active and designated as P (not SP). I'll be rolling him out.

I see, think I figured it out. We only use SP and RPs in this league so that is probably why he is not available. Hopefully yahoo makes him an SP soon so I can scoop him up before someone else does.

I imagine with the Brewers starting pitching that the only chance that Nelson has to pitch beyond this one start is if Gallardo misses more than the 1 start.

I hope this guy talks in third person in the post game interview. "Jimmy threw good. Jimmy felt good today. Jimmy will build off his first major league start."

6 people like this

Sent back down already as expected. We'll probably see him again this season. As the old saying goes, you can never have too much starting pitching. I can't see all the starters of the Brewers staying healthy. What are the chances the Brewers explore dealing a starter for some offense? They have two guys that could come up and probably start for them in Fiers and Nelson.

Here on June 9 he has pitched to the tune of 1.51 era and 76Ks over 71 innings pitched. And don't forget a scoreless spot start in the bigs. At 25 he has no reason to keep wasting away in the minors. They need move Estrada to the pen or make up an injury for overpaid Matt Garza and give Nelson a shot. His shot has to be coming soon so here's a heads up if you have overlooked him this season.

Jimmy doesn't like misunderstandings. See jimmy likes to see his thread here only if he is called back up. Jimmy and misunderstandings kind of clash.

1 person likes this

When asked after Tuesday's game how secure Marco Estrada's spot in the rotation is, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said, "I don’t know. We’ll have to talk about it."

Estrada was rocked for six runs in six innings of work in a loss to the Mets, pushing his ERA up to 4.56. He's allowed a whopping 20 homers this season and holds a 5.66 ERA since the beginning of May. Jimmy Nelson and Mike Fiers would be obvious candidate to potentially take Estrada's spot in the rotation.

Wonder after Estrada's poor performance once again last night if we see Jimmy Nelson this week?