Sign in to follow this  
Kobe_No_Means_No

2013-2014 Playoffs NBA Finals Game Thread

The Miami Heat fans are what you call bandwagon fans.

Based on what I've read and seen on Instagram, some fans left as early as halftime. And most fans vacated the arena with 4-5 minutes left when the Heat down only by 15 points. Haven't they learned from game 6 of last year? What a bunch of crappy fans. When the Heat sucks, Heat were lucky to have their arenas 2/3 full. I could still remember late 90's during one of the Miami - New York first round battles, it was game 1, game time 12.30 ET. (i believe this was the series where the Heat were the top seed but Allan Houston beat them in game 5, not sure though). You could see several empty seats in their own home floor!

Barkley was ranting weeks ago that he hopes LBJ goes back to Cleveland because the people in Miami are not true basketball fans, I completely agree with this statement. What kind of fans leave the court with 4-5 minutes left and your team only down by 15, and you got the best player of our generation?? And the Heat fans hated Bosh for telling them not to watch game 7 because they left game 6, I don't agree with most of the things that Bosh says, but he is spot on on that one! If the Heat lost game 6, it would have been their last game of the season. Real fans would stay there win or lose to give their team a standing ovation for an amazing season.

LBJ is not leaving Miami this offseason, but I sure damn hope he does. LBJ deserves to be playing for real fans and not fair weather fans.

You don't see fans in Boston, Oklahoma, Sacramento, Chicago, San Antonio even the Lakers lose hope on their team that early. And even if it was a lost cause, they usually stay until the end of the game regardless of the outcome.

I'd love to see the Spurs beat the Heat in game 6 by a huge margin to send that crowd home early. And I'm quite sure the arena will be only half full for the final buzzer if that happens. They won't even bother showing their appreciation for the past 3-4 years that LBJ & Co. has given them if they can't win a title.

• Like 8

I guess I'm a "bandwagon fan" since I only began rooting for Miami since the Big 3 (Bron, Wade, Bosh) joined forces! Doesn't bother me at all. Doesn't bother me when fans leave early for the exits, either. In Miami's case, it's just part of their culture as a city. It's never gonna be like Oklahoma City, where no one leaves their seats until the very end. These Miami natives like to take their time, go to the concession stands, and chill out. Plus, Miami is not really a basketball city. Why then would it be shocking to see Miami "fans" leave the arena early? That's par for the course!

I think I have more of an issue with the fair weather fans than the band wagon fans. I could understand why a bunch of people suddenly started supporting (and hating) Miami when the big 3 teamed up. LBJ fans who are not from Cleveland, switched to Miami, even some Ohio guys still support LBJ all the way. But if you're gonna be a fan of Miami, at least be a real fan.

Because those Miami ticket holders are one of the worst fanbases in the NBA. You got such an awesome team, but they don't support the team all the way. LEaving a game with 4-5 minutes left and the team only down by 6? They don't even believe in their own team!

Have you seen Cleveland, Toronto? THose fanbases have stuck with their team through the bad times. Even Sacramento, up until the Maloofs screwed the team up and started negotiating to move the team.

• Like 1

LOL, that guy on the pic looks ridiculous. But seriously, do you think Miami fans care what people say when they get criticized for leaving the arena early? Most of them came to the game to have fun, eat some popcorn, then call it a day. Heck, they probably have to go for a night cap, hit up a club or something. If the NBA truly wants to discourage "bandwagon fans", then they should just strip it down -- take out the hot dancers on every timeout, take out the blaring music, take out the half time show, the kiss cam, the parlor games, etc.

You know what's more ridiculous? Those Cleveland "die-hard" fans that burned Lebron's jersey... I mean, seriously. Those people need to get a life.

The Spurs are the better "team". That's obvious. The Heat have the 1 player that can overcome that. LeBron will be in beast mode game 4. If Kawhi steps up again, the series is over. If not, we should get the 7 game series most expected.

I'm also glad and sad Kawhi had a huge game. I'm glad because a larger audience is now seeing how awesome he is. I LOVE him as a player. I could watch him play both sides of the ball all day. Quietly kicks butt. I'm sad because he probably jumped up 10 spots in fantasy rankings. I think people will bump him up anyways next year, figuring the old vets will finally give way to the young Kawhi for a larger role.

• Like 2

I never understood the complaints about the fans. You have your people who were raised there and told/learned to be die-hard fans, you have those who are not natives of the city and just enjoy going to basketball games and you have those who might be bored and just want something to do and/or got free tickets from a buddy. It's an entertainment business, I liken it to a movie or a good TV show; if you don't like the movie (most leave early) or a TV show (change the channel).

I've been to Miami before, there are plenty of things (and I mean plenty) of other things to do in Miami than to see a basketball team losing by 20 points by halftime.

Edited by RedDogNamedClippers
  • Like 1

Isnt that DJ Khaled? Annoying mf

He was on ESPN's First take yesterday and popped off saying the Spurs cheated game 1 by turning off the AC. He then proceeded to say "we the best" (meaning Miami), and that the Heat would win the next 3 easily. He's seriously comes off as an ignoramus in the clip.

• Like 1

I never understood the complaints about the fans. You have your people who were raised there and told/learned to be die-hard fans, you have those who are not natives of the city and just enjoy going to basketball games and you have those who might be bored and just want something to do and/or got free tickets from a buddy. It's an entertainment business, I liken it to a movie or a good TV show; if you don't like the movie (most leave early) or a TV show (change the channel).

I've been to Miami before, there are plenty of things (and I mean plenty) of other things to do in Miami than to see a basketball team losing by 20 points by halftime.

THIS is the complaint about the fans. If anyone has this mindset, why go to a game? Either go to the game, stick by your team, and enjoy it..or don't go. These fair weather fans that leave when things don't go their way are ridiculous. A bunch of overreacting babies who only enjoy a winning team. Yuck.

THIS is the complaint about the fans. If anyone has this mindset, why go to a game? Either go to the game, stick by your team, and enjoy it..or don't go. These fair weather fans that leave when things don't go their way are ridiculous. A bunch of overreacting babies who only enjoy a winning team. Yuck.

Which is a valid point, but how good is a game when a team is down by 20? Maybe if down by 5 or 3 sure, game is still close, but many have the mindset that once it hits double digits, it's a blowout. We all know the game of basketball is a game of runs and at anytime a team can come back if they execute good basketball, but the everyday fan/casual who are attending these games don't know that.

The Spurs are the better "team". That's obvious. The Heat have the 1 player that can overcome that. LeBron will be in beast mode game 4. If Kawhi steps up again, the series is over. If not, we should get the 7 game series most expected.

I'm also glad and sad Kawhi had a huge game. I'm glad because a larger audience is now seeing how awesome he is. I LOVE him as a player. I could watch him play both sides of the ball all day. Quietly kicks butt. I'm sad because he probably jumped up 10 spots in fantasy rankings. I think people will bump him up anyways next year, figuring the old vets will finally give way to the young Kawhi for a larger role.

I dunno how much he will jump, but yes indeed, he will jump and I'm definitely disappointed.

I plan on doing a few public leagues in addition to more private competitive ones, and I was counting on getting studs like Kawhi later on in the draft because people will select the big names like D-Wade way too early than they should be taken.

Because if we're being honest, Leonard > Wade for fantasy purposes, but most uninformed fantasy managers hadn't caught on yet :(

Unfortunate :(

Hope Spurs utilize Kawhi more next season, needs more experience and confidence to up his offensive game. He's a great shooter too, he shot 52.2% FG (smart shot selection), but only gets about 10 FGA a game. The Spurs achieved a 54-12 win-loss record this season with Kawhi playing. He's the type of player that will get you wins and championships.

Edited by Eternal
  • Like 1

Win or lose for the Spurs, I just hope TD doesnt retire for atleast another 1-2 yrs. Its going to be weire seeing Spurs play without Timmy

Though I think he can easily play 2-3 more years, my hope for him is to retire if they do win this Finals, and just end your career on that high note. He's already the best PF in history. If they win this one, he'll have 5 rings. What an illustrious career. Big props to the Big Fundamental.

There's a report on ESPN that the Heat are targeting Melo in the offseason. Very ambitious, but knowing Pat Riley, Lebron and those guys, anything is possible. If it actually happens, the Heat will have even more "bandwagon" fans...and haters!

Last night, I had nightmares of Danny Green hitting every in-between shot. Oh yea, it actually happened in Game3! I really hope the Heat clean their D up. And Mario Chalmers... he needs to show something. Maybe Lebron needs to scold him in the game.. Surprised no one has done that to Mario yet. The Heat are treating him quite nicely. Yep, Mario needs to get screamed at, and he should be fine going forward.

Win or lose for the Spurs, I just hope TD doesnt retire for atleast another 1-2 yrs. Its going to be weire seeing Spurs play without Timmy

Though I think he can easily play 2-3 more years, my hope for him is to retire if they do win this Finals, and just end your career on that high note. He's already the best PF in history. If they win this one, he'll have 5 rings. What an illustrious career. Big props to the Big Fundamental.

Don't forget, he did it when against Kobe and Shaq in their prime. And quite possibly the best 1-2 punch in league history. Also when the West was so much stronger with superstars in their prime: Dirk, Steve Nash (if not for the Spurs, Nash might have a ring or 2), and if they can finish it off and get 2 more Ws, they would defeated Kevin Durant in his prime, LBJ in his prime.

After Jordan left, the list contains of Kobe, Shaq, Duncan...if he gets his 5th ring this season...how can you not put him above those 2 and be the best during the era. All that while having a low profile lifestyle.

• Like 4

There's a report on ESPN that the Heat are targeting Melo in the offseason. Very ambitious, but knowing Pat Riley, Lebron and those guys, anything is possible. If it actually happens, the Heat will have even more "bandwagon" fans...and haters!

Last night, I had nightmares of Danny Green hitting every in-between shot. Oh yea, it actually happened in Game3! I really hope the Heat clean their D up. And Mario Chalmers... he needs to show something. Maybe Lebron needs to scold him in the game.. Surprised no one has done that to Mario yet. The Heat are treating him quite nicely. Yep, Mario needs to get screamed at, and he should be fine going forward.

Would you like for Miami to trade up for Love too? I mean that'd be epic. He could come off bench for LBJ/Melo to relief them. That would be an epic team, wouldnt it?

• Like 1

Would you like for Miami to trade up for Love too? I mean that'd be epic. He could come off bench for LBJ/Melo to relief them. That would be an epic team, wouldnt it?

That's too "epic", bro. I can only handle pondering the possibility of Melo to Miami. It's already too much to bear! The hate, the love, and the attention it will bring to the league.

• Like 1