Sign in to follow this  
Kobe_No_Means_No

2013-2014 Playoffs NBA Finals Game Thread

What a putback by Leonard. Can anyone take a guess in how long it will take Miami Heat fans to start leaving the arena?

After the flack they got from the last game, I bet most will decide to stick around for a little while longer

What a putback by Leonard. Can anyone take a guess in how long it will take Miami Heat fans to start leaving the arena?

I don't know but they sure don't deserve the success that the Heat have had. Horrible fans in my opinion.
  • Like 1

Pretty sure no one expected the Spurs to have another 20 point lead heading into halftime. But, man they are playing flawless basketball.

I know I say this every game, but the ball movement of this team is something to marvel at every game. Can't believe people were pushing for a Thunder Heat series. I guess you want that if you want lots of isolation plays. The Spurs are shooting a high percentage, but it's not really a fluke or surprising, they are open in at least 70% of the shots that they take! Open 3, open dunk. Miami just can't find a solution for this.

And at the other end of the floor, Spurs defense has been at its best too. Aside from the 2 3s that ray allen hit (one of a broken play, and one he just faked green out) & some inside shots by Andersen, all shots have been contested. Wade & LBJ aren't struggling, they are being defended well period. Wade has missed shots at the rim because they are contested shots.

Last game, I sensed a heat comeback during the 3rd quarter because the Spurs were just so damn hot, but in this game, I feel the Spurs have really taken the life out of the Heat with this defense.

• Like 3

I can't belive people think that the Spurs are a boring team to watch, everything they do is just beautiful and unlike certain other teams *cough*Heat*cough* they really embrace the team concept.

You know the team is in trouble when Toney Douglas is being sent in.. Absolute clinic on both ends by the Spurs. It's more about giving the Spurs credit. If the Heat cannot find a spark in the 3rd, it's gonna be a 3-1 series lead by the Spurs.

Pretty sure no one expected the Spurs to have another 20 point lead heading into halftime. But, man they are playing flawless basketball.

I know I say this every game, but the ball movement of this team is something to marvel at every game. Can't believe people were pushing for a Thunder Heat series. I guess you want that if you want lots of isolation plays. The Spurs are shooting a high percentage, but it's not really a fluke or surprising, they are open in at least 70% of the shots that they take! Open 3, open dunk. Miami just can't find a solution for this.

And at the other end of the floor, Spurs defense has been at its best too. Aside from the 2 3s that ray allen hit (one of a broken play, and one he just faked green out) & some inside shots by Andersen, all shots have been contested. Wade & LBJ aren't struggling, they are being defended well period. Wade has missed shots at the rim because they are contested shots.

Last game, I sensed a heat comeback during the 3rd quarter because the Spurs were just so damn hot, but in this game, I feel the Spurs have really taken the life out of the Heat with this defense.

Miami is looking like they did when they played my Mavericks. They get punched a few times and fold. Miami looks really nonchalant and uncaring out there. No hustle at all.

This has become a must win game for the Spurs. No way they win this series if they give away a 19 point halftime lead.

I know more people want the Spurs to win, but you know what, if the Spurs take this series, the chances of the Big 4 forming increases even more.

This has become a must win game for the Spurs. No way they win this series if they give away a 19 point halftime lead.

I said this the last game too that the pressure is on the Spurs to win after having that big lead at the half, but I think now the pressure is on the Heat and not the Spurs. You can't afford to lose 2 straight home games

Spurs is just a super amazing organization. Remember the rookie last year (can't even remember the name because he was a projected late rd 2 pick) or was it 2 years ago who refused to give his cellphone number to the Spurs after the interview? Lol what an idiot! If you're a 2nd round prospect, you should be happy to get picked by San Antonio because you know if you're good, sooner or alter Pops will give you a chance to play

I know more people want the Spurs to win, but you know what, if the Spurs take this series, the chances of the Big 4 forming increases even more.

I said this the last game too that the pressure is on the Spurs to win after having that big lead at the half, but I think now the pressure is on the Heat and not the Spurs. You can't afford to lose 2 straight home games

Well obviously if the Heat lose it's over for them too, they aren't magically winning 3 in a row, including two in SAS, without a huge referee conspiracy that would make Tim Donaghy blush. Either way I think this is the deciding game.

• Like 1

Big 4?? Lmao. Yea perhaps you see an alternate universe Wade or something. Dude is toast. Not to mention he's not a good spot up shooter so once his athleticism goes he's C+ at best. They should build around Lebron and Bosh IMO. Get a better bench with Wades salary.

Heat's defense just again look gassed or demoralized or however you want to put it - with the Spurs constant ball movement, and player movement (running around screens) - Heat just literally can't keep up on defense, and it seems like the more shots the Spurs hit the more tired (deflated) the Heat look on defense.

• Like 1

Big 4?? Lmao. Yea perhaps you see an alternate universe Wade or something. Dude is toast. Not to mention he's not a good spot up shooter so once his athleticism goes he's C+ at best. They should build around Lebron and Bosh IMO. Get a better bench with Wades salary.

alot of people and even I will agree with that statement, but you know DWade will not go anywhere. One thing about Arison and the Heat, you can bash the management all you want, but they got loyalty to their players. Remember Alonzo? They stuck with that guy for a number of bad years after the kidney transplant because he meant so much for their franchise during the late 90's. And the Heat turned down Haslem for Evan Turner at the trade deadline even if Haslem wasn't leaving the bench. Wade is gonna be on this team. I think Wade will take a pay cut, and it will be a smooth process

• Like 1

Spurs are dismantling the Heat. Haslem sighting... Spo needs to insert him for Game 5. it's do or die now.

if the over/under in time left when oden comes in is at 7 minutes to go, what will you take?

under. Heat are not just going to give up on with 7 minutes to go. Absolute MUST WIN in their home floor

if the over/under in time left when oden comes in is at 7 minutes to go, what will you take?

Under... but I kind of cheated as he's still not in the game and there are only 8 minutes left.

Poor line-up by Spo. At this point, they need offense and 3s more than Haslem. Lewis should be playing in his place. Even if they get stops, if they can't score in bunches, no way they can trim the lead