Sign in to follow this  
Kobe_No_Means_No

2013-2014 Playoffs NBA Finals Game Thread

More proof that Lebron hate transcends every known barrier.

It's wrong to criticize a player. Everybody should say nothing but positive things about a player. Is LeBron untouchable or something? He brings it upon himself in many cases. Sometimes it's fair, sometimes it isn't. I defended him over the cramps, but the fact LeBron likes to make everything about himself and loves the spotlight a little too much for his own good, I won't defend him for that.

• Like 1

Spurs in 5 doesn't sound so ridiculous now...1 more W baby...

Don't wanna jinx it or anything can happen in sports...but 1999 was the 1st one for Pop and Duncan...15 years later...still together and still winning championship...that's just insane in modern and pretty much any era in the history of the NBA.

• Like 3

Getting a little ahead of myself, but assuming that the Spurs do close the Heat out, and win the tittle, where do you guys see their team next year? Are Duncan and Pop coming back for the tittle defense? or will they ride into the sunset and retire as Champions?

Getting a little ahead of myself, but assuming that the Spurs do close the Heat out, and win the tittle, where do you guys see their team next year? Are Duncan and Pop coming back for the tittle defense? or will they ride into the sunset and retire as Champions?

I feel like both will be back regardless. Could be wrong. Team is playing at an elite level and they both love the game so much, I can't see them walking away.

• Like 3

Even if they win, Duncan is just playing too well to quit right now. I know people wanna go out on top but this team is so much fun to watch, I hope they have a few more seasons in them.

• Like 3

Even if they win, Duncan is just playing too well to quit right now. I know people wanna go out on top but this team is so much fun to watch, I hope they have a few more seasons in them.

I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Duncan plays another 2-3 years. Why not? Leonard is only getting better, Parker is still a great player. This Spurs team still has a ton of great basketball left after this year.

• Like 4

The Heat have the best player. The Spurs have the better team. Usually the team with the best player wins the series, but not always.

Fin.

• Like 3

The Heat have the best player. The Spurs have the better team. Usually the team with the best player wins the series, but not always.

Fin.

Bingo.

Wade is playing like he's 50 years old

If I were lebron I would not want to play with wade next year and beyond.

• Like 1

Rotoworld blurb from a few days ago makes me believe Pop and Duncan will stay. I don't know anything about this guy, but it's possible he's being groomed as Pop's eventual replacement.

The Spurs are expected to hire CSKA Moscow coach Ettore Messina as an assistant for Gregg Popovich this summer.

Messina's name frequently surfaces in NBA coaching searches and he was an assistant under Lakers coach Mike Brown during the 2011-12 season. He has copious experience internationally, having coached premier franchises in Italy, Spain and Russia, and he's often praised for his inventive offenses. The Spurs' staff is frequently culled by rival franchises and it's somewhat refreshing to see them add a high-profile coach like Messina.

• Like 1

Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven . . . Hmm. Welp, he was 28.7% right I guess.

Not seven, so eight... 2/8 = 25%. But only had 4 years with Miami, winning 50%. He's also still 29, he's got time. Spurs' big 3 aging, Duncan retiring = less pressure for LeBron.

Wade is playing like he's 50 years old

If I were lebron I would not want to play with wade next year and beyond.

So slow on the court compared to his younger days

Edited by Eternal

One more. All the heartache, the breakdowns all of us Spurs fans have had seeing Ray Allen's shot on ESPN, all comes down to winning one more game and getting redemption. I think the level of competition in the West compared to the East has a substantial impact on these teams. The Spurs got tested every game and every game felt like a finals game, the Heat relatively coasted. Cannot wait for Sunday night and hopefully get to raise a fifth banner. God Bless and Go Spurs.

This. I doubt heat would make it out of the second round in the west. History would be a lot different if the heat didn't play in the most pathetic conference in nba history

• Like 1

It feels like the end of the line for Miami. Wade is done being relied on as a #2 on a title contender. Bosh can't be relied on at all. And half of the remaining roster are either NBA castaways or on the verge of retirement. They've tried.

They're just gonna re-tool around Lebron, Bosh and Wade. The buzz is that those three will all opt out and restructure their salaries to open up cap space. Wade has 3 more effective years left, and I'd reckon they will give more touches to Bosh. As long as Lebron continues to be hungry and in his prime, the championship window remains very wide open for this core group.

I think we should all be grateful that Allen hit that 3 in last year's Finals. Because if Lebron was 1-4 in the Finals with his only title over a very young Thunder team, then the narratives would just be so grating. With those multiple titles in his pocket, thankfully the narrative from much of the media and fans has focused on what an incredible player he really is, which is far better than the alternative.

Ray Allen's 3 was DESTINED to go in. The Heat were destined to win that series, and they did. There's no "What ifs".

This. I doubt heat would make it out of the second round in the west. History would be a lot different if the heat didn't play in the most pathetic conference in nba history

The Heat still had to beat the proverbial "best of the West" in a 7-game series for 2 straight years, and won back-to-back rings. That's the only "history" that matters.

Just think of the Mavericks who took the Spurs to game 7. I think they would have ended up beating the Heat if they had gone to the finals. Could have been very similar to their last championship run, albeit with a different and maybe slightly less talented cast. Not sure if they could have gotten past the Thunder though....

But it shows you how important a good coach is. Pop and the Mavericks coach are solid coaches with deep teams. They both know how to use the talent they have. Spolestra isn't a bad coach, probably one of the best in the league, but if you have as many weapons as the Spurs and Mavericks, and bring out all their strengths instead of forcing them into your own system, you can have a great team.

One of the many reasons the Thunder need a new coach. Brooks relies on the same 5 guys and doesn't even try to get anyone else involved. Kind of sad. I kind of hope Durant moves to another team with a better coach who can use him more effectively.

Edited by superjew

Be careful what you wish for, Tim Duncan. Lebron: "They wanted us, they got us."

• Like 2

I hope TD doesnt retire and Pop stays put. They can make it to the Finals again next year. Leonard is getting better every year.

Leonard > paul george

No. He has potential to be, but he isn't the playmaker PG is.

Just think of the Mavericks who took the Spurs to game 7. I think they would have ended up beating the Heat if they had gone to the finals. Could have been very similar to their last championship run, albeit with a different and maybe slightly less talented cast. Not sure if they could have gotten past the Thunder though....

But it shows you how important a good coach is. Pop and the Mavericks coach are solid coaches with deep teams. They both know how to use the talent they have. Spolestra isn't a bad coach, probably one of the best in the league, but if you have as many weapons as the Spurs and Mavericks, and bring out all their strengths instead of forcing them into your own system, you can have a great team.

One of the many reasons the Thunder need a new coach. Brooks relies on the same 5 guys and doesn't even try to get anyone else involved. Kind of sad. I kind of hope Durant moves to another team with a better coach who can use him more effectively.

the spurs that played in round 1 is a totally different team from the one that we are seeing right now. if any that series with dallas served as an early wake up call for them.

i think if okc advanced though, miami would have a tough time beating them.

One more. All the heartache, the breakdowns all of us Spurs fans have had seeing Ray Allen's shot on ESPN, all comes down to winning one more game and getting redemption. I think the level of competition in the West compared to the East has a substantial impact on these teams. The Spurs got tested every game and every game felt like a finals game, the Heat relatively coasted. Cannot wait for Sunday night and hopefully get to raise a fifth banner. God Bless and Go Spurs.

I'm sure every Dallas fan is rooting for you guys. I know I am. It brings me delight we took y'all to 7 :-D. Revenge against Miami was incredibly awesome a few years back and I'm sure the Spurs are savoring every moment.
  • Like 1

Outta curiosity never really cared about Finals MVP, is it the coaches decision to decide who wins it or? ..

Apparently 9 media members.. not sure who though..

Related, Bleacher ranking top 20 Finals MVP performances (before 2013): http://bleacherrepor...e-past-20-years

Jordan with a 40+ average PPG Finals performance.. Shaq also a scary guy under the basket. I'm not sure if Miami would even thrive by adding Melo.. maybe they'd benefit more by adding a top inside presence for offensive, and especially for defensive purposes. Most of the championship teams on that list had that quality big man. OKC was also dominated before the return of a recuperating Ibaka. As someone mentioned, with Melo the defense is still (or even more so) suspect.

Edited by Preparing the Kool-Aid

It feels like the end of the line for Miami. Wade is done being relied on as a #2 on a title contender. Bosh can't be relied on at all. And half of the remaining roster are either NBA castaways or on the verge of retirement. They've tried.

I'm still amazed at how Bosh is underutilized on this team. He should get far more touches than he does. The fact that after 4 years, Spoelstra hasn't found a way to make Bosh a more focal point on the offense, especially with Wade's diminishing skills is head scratching.

That's because Spoelstra is a mediocre coach who has been gassed up to be great because of having Lebron in his prime in a HORRIBLE eastern conference.
  • Like 3