Sign in to follow this  
Kobe_No_Means_No

2013-2014 Playoffs NBA Finals Game Thread

Come on now. Duncan's legacy would certainly not be demolished if they were to lose the series.

• Like 1

enough with the ******** legacies already, it's becoming something you can't even talk about seriously because it just makes you look like Skip Bayless

• Like 4

enough with the ******** legacies already, it's becoming something you can't even talk about seriously because it just makes you look like Skip Bayless

x1000

Not mentioning anyone in this thread, but usually when I hear people on tv or my friends say the word legacy in reference to a current situation, it's because they have nothing actually educated to say about the matter with any balanced perspective. Just about every great who has ever played any sport has had low moments in their career... sometimes in the beginning, sometimes in the middle, sometimes in the end.

I kid you not, the "legacy" of Jordan before he won his first ship was that he was an amazing athlete but shot the ball too much to be a champion like Bird/Magic. People pretend like this didn't happen, but it did.

I don't know what the legacy of Lebron, the Spurs, or Peyton Manning will be 20 years down the line, but I can guarantee it won't be the product of the outcome of one game, series, or even year. It's a whole career.

• Like 6

Bosh guarantees a game 5 win for the Heat......

“We’re not going down, we’re going to win this game tonight,” Bosh said. “We’re going to come, prepare like we need to do. Plain and simple, we’re going to win this game.”

headlines going into game 5:

bosh saying they will win game 5

lbj saying they will make history.

and on a side note or a non related finals news, pops will return next year.

wtf, people never learn. this series is about the spurs not the heat

Come on now. Duncan's legacy would certainly not be demolished if they were to lose the series.

completely agree, he would add to his legacy, but his legacy is already cemented regardless of the outcome

Bosh guarantees a game 5 win for the Heat......

“We’re not going down, we’re going to win this game tonight,” Bosh said. “We’re going to come, prepare like we need to do. Plain and simple, we’re going to win this game.”

Spurs by 15

Ray Allen in starting 5 replacing Mario.

Edited by det_tigers

Why no love for Houston in the finals intro? Besides that Rudy audio clip.

Well, the Heat finally look like they have a sense of urgency...took them awhile though...

Miami is about five hundred times better with Mario Chalmers on the bench.

Wade at this point just looks lost on offense, and is a borderline liability. He can't stretch the floor with shooting, and his legs just look shot at this point in the season. Any "iso" type play he tries just isn't working - the difficulty on his shots attempts is just so high - and they're not falling. He's not really moving without the ball - and he needs to since he can't stretch the floor, he needs to be cutting around the hoop, but he just always looks so tired too me, I don't know - and this doesn't even touch on him at the other end of the court (he's been better this game so far though).

If I'm the Heat, I'm starting to make anyone not named Parker or Ginobili finish at the rim without so much help - there was an instance earlier where Bonner pumped faked, drove to the hoop and like 4 Heat players crashed on him like he was LeBron leading to a wide open three, like really? Diaw clearly wants to pass when he drives - I'd start making him try to be a scorer versus a facilitator. Spurs have pretty much taken the Heat's (LeBron) best shot earlier on, and now are starting to get rolling....

As much as I love Duncan to get the MVP if they win..Leonard is making a case for it..

IMO Leonard is the no brainer MVP. He's actually mirrored Lebron stat wise and has been clutch repeatedly.

Outside of Lebron, this team sucks. Yikes.

• Like 1

I am now convinced Heat wouldn't even last in the West playoffs.

I am now convinced Heat wouldn't even last in the West playoffs.

In year's past, they would. This year, they were simply fortunate to play in the East.

• Like 2

LMAO Spurs crowd trolling Heat fans...

Edited by jstep13

Miami is getting their s--- pushed in. Patty MILLS is killing it.

Honorable mention to the Dallas Mavericks. Looks like the only team good enough to take the Spurs to 7.

These playoffs simply confirmed that Pop and Carlisle are among the best coaches in the league.

• Like 2

Honorable mention to the Dallas Mavericks. Looks like the only team good enough to take the Spurs to 7.

These playoffs simply confirmed that Pop and Carlisle are among the best coaches in the league.

Exactly what I was going to say. This puts into perspective how tough the Mavs fought. I still can't believe what I'm seeing. Spurs winning the series isn't a surprise, but they've been so dominant.