Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FearTheBeard

6/6 Mega Game Day Thread

32 posts in this topic

I gotta say I'm pretty pumped to watch some baseball today as a guy that loves his pitching.

Starters I'm jacked up to see pitch.

1) Rubby De La Rosa @ DET, he looked phenomenal in his first start this season Vs TB. Sat at 95 mph, very good command, lots of whiffs, and a killer GB%. Definitely perked my interest.

2) Eddie Butler Vs LAD. Aside from Archie Bradley he was my favorite MiLB pitching prospect coming into '14. His home park is an obvious concern, and he's soured some on me due to not missing bats thus far in '14. Rumor is Rockies having him just working on getting GB and sinker command, but we'll see. I love the kids velocity, bowling ball sinker, elite command, monster GB %, filthy change, and very good slider.

3) Marcus Stroman Vs STL. After getting yanked around by the Jays he finally got a chance to start Vs KC and the results were impressive. He showed great command, WHIFFS, and uncorked some filthy breaking stuff I didn't know he had. Look forward to seeing him face a much better and more patient lineup tonight.

4) Trevor Bauer @ TEX, I still can't stand this kid from a personality standpoint, but he has been pretty damn good. He has been atrocious in his career on the road, so this will be a good test.

5) Dallas Keuchel @ MIN. I just like watching this dude pitch, works fast, trusts the power of a well placed sinking fastball, and low pitch counts.

2 people like this

I gotta say I'm pretty pumped to watch some baseball today as a guy that loves his pitching.

Starters I'm jacked up to see pitch.

... 4) Trevor Bauer @ TEX, I still can't stand this kid from a personality standpoint, but he has been pretty damn good. He has been atrocious in his career on the road, so this will be a good test.

I love watching him pitch. He's got great mechanics and can throw heat. If he can put up a quality start with a few Ks @Tex I'm sold.

His main issue is composure. He goes through sudden bouts of wildness, usually triggered by something small like not getting a close call. But even his wildness has an order to it. It's vertical wildness, he usually misses too high or in the dirt with his fastball, but it's not like he's leaving it over the plate.

Excited to watch De La Rosa and Butler pitch, may pick up De La Rosa if he pitches nearly as well as he did last time.

Classic Cub afternoon delight. I mean Cub meltdown

Lol. Cubs announcers after Rondon strikes out Yelich to end the inning: "So Rondon gets out if it". Man, even they're used to it if giving up 3 runs to tie the game is "getting put of it".

The Cubs are so pathetically bad.

The sad part is their pitching staff hasn't been actually half bad, and they might have found their closer of the future in Neil Ramirez.

But.. God... just brutal.

Damn. Xander juuuuuust missed a HR.

Rizzzzzoooooo with the walk off bomb!

And a beautiful piece of opposite field hitting by Chris Davis for the HR. About damn time.

Chris Davis doing some yard work.

Had to check thought you meant he was pounding night crawlers again

Jesus. My team's trying to make up for not hitting homeruns the first 10 weeks in one night. Odor, I adore you!

So random question but how is Casey McGehee 2/6 today? I counted 1/6

Darvish looks absolutely terrible. Little control and just looks way off.

Our lord and savior Lord Chisenhall hath delivered yet again

Amen

Looks like I will need to bench Hosmer and add Chisenhall .... I know, should of done it a week ago

boooo Avila concussed by Papi's backswing. That's my 2nd catcher (OBP league) :(

Oh my Christ. Davis just hurt his hand trying to take 2nd after a single when Yoenis F'n Cespedes played the ball. Just stupid.

Edit: stayed in the game. Thank god.

Lol. Nelson Cruz just tried to steal home in the bottom of the 10th and was tagged out by a mile. Da faq?

Lol Nelson Cruz tried to steal home with Chris Davis at the plate and he was the winning run. Out by a mile. What???? ?

Lol. Nelson Cruz just tried to steal home in the bottom of the 10th and was tagged out by a mile. Da faq?

I have no words...

It was actually closer to being successful than you think. So easy to balk there