Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pittkidd

Where do you draft Rob Gronkowski in 2014 PPR leagues?

For all those people like me who play in high stakes pro leagues PPR is the format that is always used. This is my 5th year playing in such leagues. Before that I played in standard leagues non-ppr. The 1st 2 years in PPR I drafted like I always did I went rb,wr,rb,wr was a format I always used with my first 4 picks. I made it to the play-offs but was bounced out in round 1. I decided to change it up 2 years ago. I went out and drafted Gronk in the second round........I won the championship. Last year I went after Jimmy Graham in the second, boom I won the championship. Having a elite TE in ppr can give a huge advantage. So w/ all that said would you draft Gronk in the 3rd round? Maybe you could get him in the 4th but to make sure a 3rd round pick may be needed. Im not using my 1st round pick on Graham. I think if you draft Gronk go ahead and draft Heath Miller or Jared Cook super late so they can hold the fort down just in case Gronk cant play the first 2 games. But Gronk is an unstoppable force when heathy and is a huge mis-match vs anybody in your fantasy league besides the Graham owner.......Thanks for any input...

I personally love Gronk - for me the highs are worth dealing with the lows. In my mind if, and it's a big if, Gronk can ever stay healthy for a season then he will produce more the Jimmy Graham will, like he did in his second season in the league. For me and ACL is a more "routine" injury then some of the others he has dealt with, even if he is healthy enough to play in 12-14 games I am all in. I am willing to spend a 4th rounder on him in non-ppr leagues and in my 16 team dynasty startup I will probably be targeting him in the late 2nd early 3rd.

I think if you want him, you'll have to grab him by the early 3rd round at the latest. News reports state he's running and cutting now, so all signs are pointing up for him at this time. My guess is that, unless you are drafting in the next couple weeks, by time drafts start people will be grabbing him in the 2nd round. He's worth it if you are targeting one of the elite TE's early in the draft.

People who play in high stakes pro leagues hate paragraphs.

That's all I'm taking from this thread.

People who play in high stakes pro leagues hate paragraphs.

That's all I'm taking from this thread.

So your saying people in high stake pro leagues can't read paragraphs?

This dude loves talking about how he's in a high stakes pro world championship olympic league.

This dude loves talking about how he's in a high stakes pro world championship olympic league.

This

For all those people like me who play in high stakes pro leagues PPR is the format that is always used. This is my 5th year playing in such leagues. Before that I played in standard leagues non-ppr. The 1st 2 years in PPR I drafted like I always did I went rb,wr,rb,wr was a format I always used with my first 4 picks. I made it to the play-offs but was bounced out in round 1. I decided to change it up 2 years ago. I went out and drafted Gronk in the second round........I won the championship. Last year I went after Jimmy Graham in the second, boom I won the championship. Having a elite TE in ppr can give a huge advantage. So w/ all that said would you draft Gronk in the 3rd round? Maybe you could get him in the 4th but to make sure a 3rd round pick may be needed. Im not using my 1st round pick on Graham. I think if you draft Gronk go ahead and draft Heath Miller or Jared Cook super late so they can hold the fort down just in case Gronk cant play the first 2 games. But Gronk is an unstoppable force when heathy and is a huge mis-match vs anybody in your fantasy league besides the Graham owner.......Thanks for any input...

This sounds more like, "What pittkid thinks you should do" rather than what the title suggests. The only sentence that even comes close to asking a question that relates to the title is bolded.

So, to make you feel comfortable, pittkid, yes, you should do what you want and draft gronk in the early third round.

In my low stakes "pro" league (It's pro if you get paid, right?) I'm taking him around the 4th or 5th. That will probably change by August.

In my low stakes "pro" league (It's pro if you get paid, right?)

No, you're only in a "pro" league if you report your massive fantasy winnings to the IRS.

I feel it is important to point out the difference in gronks likely production based on whether you are in a high stakes league, standard pro league, or free league with friends.

Oh wait.

I feel it is important to point out the difference in gronks likely production based on whether you are in a high stakes league, standard pro league, or free league with friends.

Oh wait.

If Gronk knows I'm in a World Class High Roller Pro Elite League, he will try harder not to get hurt.

Oh wait.

If Gronk knows I'm in a World Class High Roller Pro Elite League, he will try harder not to get hurt.

Unless your a actress of non traditional videos I doubt he is listening

Pit is really depends on if your doing one or two teams like alot of guys. Not me because I never had that type of money. If your doing two then sure take a chance on him in one. If not I would pass on wasting a top 4 pick. I personally consider him the biggest difference maker in fantasy. But comes with the most risk of any player.

Pit is really depends on if your doing one or two teams like alot of guys. Not me because I never had that type of money. If your doing two then sure take a chance on him in one. If not I would pass on wasting a top 4 pick. I personally consider him the biggest difference maker in fantasy. But comes with the most risk of any player.

He has 10 teams, 1500 hundo each, I'm assuming.

But seriously, it doesn't matter how many teams one has or how much money they are for, the goal is to win, period.

But seriously, it doesn't matter how many teams one has or how much money they are for, the goal is to win, period.

dmb not really. If you only have one team throwing away a 3rd round pick screws you come playoffs. But if you have 2 teams then you can take the chance.

dmb not really. If you only have one team throwing away a 3rd round pick screws you come playoffs. But if you have 2 teams then you can take the chance.

So your hedging your bet? In fantasy football?

I try my best to win every league I'm in. If I think Gronk is worth a third in one league, I think Gronk is worth a third in all leagues. Adjusting your rankings across leagues with the same scoring settings to minimize money loss is a loser's strategy.

I see where you're coming from. He has the ability to be the most valuable asset in fantasy but he also comes with major risk. I always own a few teams. I definitely wouldn't want to use a high pick on him in every league but I'd love to have him on one of my rosters.

To whom it may concern, by no means was I insinuating that my league is more important than anyone else, 12 team ppr $1500 enrty fee is the type of s--- you lose sleep over thats all. And I prep early and like to get a feel of what other owners are thinking. I've been doing this for some time now, and yes the IRS has deemed me a professional.

To whom it may concern, by no means was I insinuating that my league is more important than anyone else, 12 team ppr $1500 enrty fee is the type of s--- you lose sleep over thats all. And I prep early and like to get a feel of what other owners are thinking. I've been doing this for some time now, and yes the IRS has deemed me a professional.

I just think a lot of people see you coming off as pretentious since all of your posts are littered with references to your "pro" or "high stakes" league.

If you want to ask about Gronk, just ask about Gronk. A player's value is the same regardless of the fantasy stakes and that seems pretty obvious.

Also, it's rare that a professional be asking for help here on the AC forum. It seems like most of the threads here are started by lower stakes players. I generally like to live or die by my own decisions.

And dude.....paragraphs.

There's just no need to talk about it with every post. Just ask the question.

are you kidding me spaceman, the only one that sounds like a snob is you. I don't make my own decisions? I do research on the people for the people. You see all those fantasy mags at the grocery store? half the articles in their are written by me. And if paragraphs are too hard for you grasp then read the short story you wrote on how to troll and become a complete d-bag......your an expert

are you kidding me spaceman, the only one that sounds like a snob is you. I don't make my own decisions? I do research on the people for the people. You see all those fantasy mags at the grocery store? half the articles in their are written by me. And if paragraphs are too hard for you grasp then read the short story you wrote on how to troll and become a complete d-bag......your an expert

So now you are a professional writer?

It's 'there' and 'you're'.

I demand to see your editor.

So now you are a professional writer?

It's 'there' and 'you're'.

I demand to see your editor.

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's classic. I think the jig is up.

So your hedging your bet? In fantasy football?

I try my best to win every league I'm in. If I think Gronk is worth a third in one league, I think Gronk is worth a third in all leagues. Adjusting your rankings across leagues with the same scoring settings to minimize money loss is a loser's strategy.

DMB I see what your saying. Yes in home leagues if I think a player is good value I will take him in the same round in all my leagues. The difference is in the draft he is talking about all 800 teams have a chance at the final prize granted you make it to the championship round. So hedging your bet by not drafting the same team twice is actually smart. Granted you have the 3000 to draft two teams.