Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pittkidd

Where do you draft Rob Gronkowski in 2014 PPR leagues?

Pit is really depends on if your doing one or two teams like alot of guys. Not me because I never had that type of money. If your doing two then sure take a chance on him in one. If not I would pass on wasting a top 4 pick. I personally consider him the biggest difference maker in fantasy. But comes with the most risk of any player.

He has 10 teams, 1500 hundo each, I'm assuming.

But seriously, it doesn't matter how many teams one has or how much money they are for, the goal is to win, period.

dmb not really. If you only have one team throwing away a 3rd round pick screws you come playoffs. But if you have 2 teams then you can take the chance.

So your hedging your bet? In fantasy football?

I try my best to win every league I'm in. If I think Gronk is worth a third in one league, I think Gronk is worth a third in all leagues. Adjusting your rankings across leagues with the same scoring settings to minimize money loss is a loser's strategy.

DMB I see what your saying. Yes in home leagues if I think a player is good value I will take him in the same round in all my leagues. The difference is in the draft he is talking about all 800 teams have a chance at the final prize granted you make it to the championship round. So hedging your bet by not drafting the same team twice is actually smart. Granted you have the 3000 to draft two teams.

He's just trolling. I disagree 100 percent though. I draft what I think is the best team, If I'm in a hundred 1500 dollar leagues and all my teams end up the same, so be it. I'm in it to win it.

when you say high stakes you are talking about monopoly money correct?

Look spaceman I can't do this all night but i'm sure you can with your 9000 + posts , i know you have a command center in space I mean your mothers basement. Im sure your family is very proud of your hall of fame status @ rotoworld.

So your second straight post of personal attacks? Maybe check the Code of Conduct. Calling me a loser? I have an actual profession, that my wife and family do respect. I bet the ladies lose all of "there" inhibitions when they hear that "your" a professional fantasy football player!

So your second straight post of personal attacks? Maybe check the Code of Conduct. Calling me a loser? I have an actual profession, that my wife and family do respect. I bet the ladies lose all of "there" inhibitions when they hear that "your" a professional fantasy football player!

Oof you lost that argument.

Look spaceman I can't do this all night but i'm sure you can with your 9000 + posts , i know you have a command center in space I mean your mothers basement. Im sure your family is very proud of your hall of fame status @ rotoworld.

Look whos talking about living in mothers basements lol your name is pittKIDD.... Im taking a wild guess here but you have the bottom bunk bed?

This is all just research for an article I am writing, this has nothing to do with fantasy football or Rob Gronkowski. I would like to include some of your posts spaceman but i would need your consent. There is a form I can e-mail you. Thank You for being a good sport for not using profanity.

Look spaceman I can't do this all night but i'm sure you can with your 9000 + posts

Did the guy who writes Fantasy Football Articles for magazines, just insult a guy for talking too much about fantasy football?

On a serious note, I'll take everyone's side!

If the league is 'high stakes' I think the advice is different. In a high stakes league though, I'm probably less likely to gamble on guys who could only play 4 weeks. So Gronk is out for me. Sure he's a game changer, but with $18,000 on the line, I'm trying to guarantee a rock solid lineup of 'safety' and make it to the playoffs. From there, look for some luck, mid season pick ups, etc to get you over the hump.

In free leagues (or even cheap leagues), I'm far more likely to grab guys like Gronk, Harvin, Vereen, etc etc who have amazing upside, but if/when they get injured, I won't lose sleep over it, because them's the breaks!

Another note I saw, was players across leagues.

I wouldn't call it 'hedging my bets' (for me personally) but I actually do have a tendency to diversify among leagues. For example, in 1 league if I get Demaryius Thomas, I'm less likely to draft him in the next league, over Dez, AJ, etc. I'm not doing it to hedge my bets, as much as I feel it's boring to have the same exact team in multiple leagues.

Ummm. As for money, I use Fanduel, were a weekly investment is less volatile.

I would rather lose $100 a week for 15 weeks, than $1500 in Week 2 when <insert name> goes down and destroys the next 14 weeks of my season in that league. But that's personal preference.

I think that's all for now. I kinda started skimming once it got to the 2nd page. MY BAD!

After thought: In high stakes, I'm probably also looking for 'value' therefor would avoid 'reaching' for anybody unless I REALLY felt they were gunna be a crazy go nuts.

This is all just research for an article I am writing, this has nothing to do with fantasy football or Rob Gronkowski. I would like to include some of your posts spaceman but i would need your consent. There is a form I can e-mail you. Thank You for being a good sport for not using profanity.

If you don't mind my asking, for what publication do you write? And do you have any links to articles you have written?

Sure thing man. Just PM me on here.

If you don't mind my asking, for what publication do you write? And do you have any links to articles you have written?

I have written for the Charleston Daily Mail (WV), Wheeling News Register and the Richmond Times Dispatch, all of which don't pay that well. It's all about freelancing these days, the newspaper industry is a dying breed. I have contributed to magazines such as Beckett and Tuff Stuff. I am working on something different right now that's fantasy football related, but it's not entirely the main aspect of the piece.

Beckett and Tuff Stuff? God, blast from the past! I haven't heard those names since 6th grade. So the guy who accuses other adults of living with their mom is an expert on the trading card industry? Sounds about right.

Pitt, forgive us if your journalism career comes at a surprise. It's just rare to see such an accomplished writer present us with repeated errors in spelling and grammar, as well as a clear inability to seperate thoughts.

Beckett and Tuff Stuff? God, blast from the past! I haven't heard those names since 6th grade. So the guy who accuses other adults of living with their mom is an expert on the trading card industry? Sounds about right.

Pitt, forgive us if your journalism career comes at a surprise. It's just rare to see such an accomplished writer present us with repeated errors in spelling and grammar, as well as a clear inability to seperate thoughts.

How I post in blogs is completely different. I simply enjoy being able to write things without pressure. The article I'm writing is about how passionate people have become about fantasy football, The second part is about how people view a player and if those views would change if I used key words such as "High Stakes". You were the first person to bite. I don't really think you live in your mothers basement I just needed a real argument to include to add some humor. And yes Tuff Stuff is very old indeed they were the first to ever to publish something of mine.

I feel like I wasted time and effort, to give a well thought out answer, for literally no one to benefit from.

I want my 5 minutes back!

I think you draft Rob Gronkowski in super mega high elite stakes leagues at the end of the 3rd round. I've written several articles for Bleacher Report so I know what I'm talking about. By the way I am publishing this entire thread to make the public aware that people are drafting Gronkowski in the 3rd round in premium insider diamond exclusive leagues. Pulitzer here I come.

Are people really still talking to this dude?

Are people really still talking to this dude?

He just trolled a three page (and counting) thread in the AC forum. I think a new star is born.

How I post in blogs is completely different. I simply enjoy being able to write things without pressure. The article I'm writing is about how passionate people have become about fantasy football, The second part is about how people view a player and if those views would change if I used key words such as "High Stakes". You were the first person to bite. I don't really think you live in your mothers basement I just needed a real argument to include to add some humor. And yes Tuff Stuff is very old indeed they were the first to ever to publish something of mine.

The first rule of trolling is never to admit you are trolling.

yhbct yhl hand

I feel like I wasted time and effort, to give a well thought out answer, for literally no one to benefit from.

You didnt waste it, Gronk is very polarizing and can be the biggest difference maker in all of fantasy. Thank You for your contribution. Word on the street is that he's looks fantastic and will not only be ready week 1 but be ready for camp.

You didnt waste it, Gronk is very polarizing and can be the biggest difference maker in a high stakes super important fantasy league for borderline professional writers. Thank You for your high stakes contribution. Word on the street is that he's looks fantastic and will not only be ready for a high stakes week 1 but be ready for camp.

But will he be ready for a high stakes PPR league camp?

Still waiting for that PM. Btw, admitting that you broke the CoC on purpose by trying to start an argument isn't a great way to get started on this forum. You're lucky the admins pretty much ignore the AC forum, unless someone snitches.

Still waiting for that PM. Btw, admitting that you broke the CoC on purpose by trying to start an argument isn't a great way to get started on this forum. You're lucky the admins pretty much ignore the AC forum, unless someone snitches.

Why are you still following this thread? Your ego is almost as large as what this post has gotten. It's over. I explained everything in detail to you but your still acting like a little bitch! So snitch on that hall of lamer. Also this is a thread I started on a public forum so I can use what ever I want. I even thanked you for being a good sport but that's no longer the case. You should change your handle to "snitch-man", because everyone loves a snitch. MOVE ON.......