Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigbossman1

Josh Bell - 1B/OF PIT

JJ Cooper @jjcoop36 49m49 minutes ago

Josh Bell's home run estimated at 388 feet.

JJ Cooper @jjcoop36 46m46 minutes ago

Exit velo on Josh Bell's HR was 108 mph according to Statcast.

Tucker Blair @TuckerBlairON 53m53 minutes ago

When evaluators say #Pirates Josh Bell has plus raw power, that's what they mean.

JJ Cooper @jjcoop36 51m51 minutes ago

And that's what I was saying about Josh Bell's LHH swing. Much, much, much, much better. Easy power.

JJ Cooper @jjcoop36 1h1 hour ago

Have heard some scouts not impressed with Josh Bell's defense at 1B but that was a nice scoop there on a low throw.

JJ Cooper @jjcoop36 3h3 hours ago

Josh Bell (Pirates) showed a very good stroke from the left side, then moved to the right side and had a less fluid swing.

JJ Cooper @jjcoop36 3h3 hours ago

Josh Bell (Pirates) showed a very good stroke from the left side, then moved to the right side and had a less fluid swing.

Bell was promoted to Triple-A Indianapolis, Corey Giger of ESPN Radio 1430 Altoona reports.
Analysis: Bell, one of the top prospects in the Pirates' organization, continued his rapid ascent through the team's minor league system. In 95 games for Double-A Altoona, Bell is hitting for a .310/.379/.431 slash line with five home runs and 60 RBI.

The second ranked prospect in the Pirates system, Bell hit .310/.379/.431 with five homers and 60 RBI in 95 games at Double-A Altoona. The 22-year-old is now just one step away from debuting with the Buccos, and should get that opportunity in September.

Anyone see him playing this year in the majors?

I doubt it very much.

1. The Pirates are conservative

2. He isn't really needed

3. If you want to argue they need 1b help, as bad as Pedro is in the field, Bell isn't as good defensively

Nice night tonight. He went 4/5 and went for the cycle with 5 RBIs. Batting avg up to .292 with 3 HR's in the young season after hitting 7 all of last year. Is this the year he adds the suggested power to his game? I sure hope so.

His AAA numbers look nice so far, .312/.411/.519 with 3HR, 5 2B, 16 RBI. Jaso has hit well during the first month. What are the chances he gets called up this summer?

agreed there is no need for him but wow what a talented bat. I see several batting championships in his future

That graph is pretty damn disingenuous.

They chart his 24 games at AA in 2014, but not his 81 at A+ in 2014... why? Because he had a 167 ISO, his best until this year.

If I tried pulling this at work, I'd be fired.

With Jaso's numbers starting to average out, Bell coming up at Super Two is looking good

Any new updates on this guy?

My opinion is that as long as Jaso isn't a liability (which he hasn't been so far), there's no need to rush Bell. With that being said, Jaso isn't going to be blocking Bell. Bell himself will determine when he gets called up. A lot can happen before the Super 2 date, however.

He's 14-for-35 in his previous ten games, Just one HR though (four on the season). Sprinkling in enough walks to hover just around .400 OBP. Sit tight gents, won't be too much longer.

He's someone I've targeted in dynasty/keeper formats. Love the ability to hit for average, what I'm hoping is (kind of like Piscotty this season) in a couple years we see enough of those shots start turning into HRs over time.

That graph is pretty damn disingenuous.

They chart his 24 games at AA in 2014, but not his 81 at A+ in 2014... why? Because he had a 167 ISO, his best until this year.

If I tried pulling this at work, I'd be fired.

Thank you for pointing that out. However, I don't think the graph is quite as bad as you're making it out to be because of the giant chasm between A ball and AA

Where is Bell going to play? I very much doubt the Pirates are going to bench Jaso when he's putting up a .303/.371/.447 line. If Jaso keeps it up, we're probably not going to see Bell until rosters expand.

Josh Bell is hitting .351/.425/.662 with 6 HR in June (87 PA)

John Jaso is hitting .216/.301/.270 in his last 30 days.

I never understood why this guy wasn't a bigger prospect. He is rarely if ever mentioned on top 10 lists.

Didn't want to be that guy to bump him and expose him....I'm shocked nobody has mentioned him. He's been a machine as of late.

I've been on the Josh Bell train for a while...dude is a switch hitter who hits lefties better than righties and while he's been hot lately, he's really been raking all season long.  

Last 10:  366 BA, 4 HR, 9 RBI, 6 BB, 3 K's in 41 AB's

2016:  .316 BA, 11 HR, 45 RBI, 40 BB, 49 K's in 263 AB's.

I mean, what's not to like?  I think he'll be up for a grande cup of coffee this year with PIT heading for outside-looking-in in terms of playoffs if you're realistic.  Jaso isn't really blocking him and like Asprilla mentioned, he's already coming back to Earth himself and has been more of a platoon guy lately than an everyday player that Josh Bell could be.

A lot to like.....

SORRY NOT CALLED UP

EDIT: MY MISTAKE...he has NOT been called up.

2 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

damn he was called up and someone snatched him in my keeper already :(

Where is the news of the call up I don't see it anywhere?

2 minutes ago, bigpapi88 said:

Where is the news of the call up I don't see it anywhere?

sorry buddy, i edited it.  not called up i was mistaken.

6 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

sorry buddy, i edited it.  not called up i was mistaken.

How exactly did you mistake that when there wasn't a single article about it?