Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigbossman1

Josh Bell - 1B/OF PIT

Just now, Baur10 said:

You got it.  I like him too. I sold him high but it wasn't a deal I felt great about really.

I traded Shohei Otani for him. I'm still not sure how good of a deal that is. I love Otani. Believer in JBJ though, and my league is OBP/SLG so the walks are worth something.

5 hours ago, Talkinbaseball said:

Um yeah, of course Im talking about this year. I was saying take him out of Kansas City and he is just as good as Goldy right now. Last year's stats dont count for this year in fantasy. 

So Mark Trumbo is better than Bryce Harper.

Steven Wright is better than Jacob deGrom.

Brad Brach is better than Aroldis Chapman.

Wilson Ramos is better than Buster Posey.

Daniel Murphy is better than Miguel Cabrera.

Raja Davis is better than Andrew McCutchen.

Is is fun. :)

3 hours ago, Baur10 said:

3 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen someone say on a fantasy baseball forum.

Whatever happened to the internet being a place for civilized learned discourse?

1 hour ago, Talkinbaseball said:

Whatever happened to the internet being a place for civilized learned discourse?

Yeah, Talkinbaseball is right. Shouldn't have made it personal. Sorry bud.

Let's get back to baseball. Although I still think Goldy is way better than you are giving him credit for...

2 hours ago, Talkinbaseball said:

Show me where I said he was better. I said he had better D. You disagree? Ah nothing like taking things out of context.

On 6/29/2016 at 10:59 AM, Talkinbaseball said:

I dont see him being as good as Hosmer, but I hope Im wrong because I own him. Hosmer's last two minor league seasons were ridiculously good. I really think that park in KC kills him. He is basically Paul Goldschmidt with better D if he can get out of there. 

Suggested they are equals + hosmer better D = suggests you think hosmer better overall.

On 7/7/2016 at 8:31 AM, Talkinbaseball said:

Goldschmidt .294/.416/.513    15HR 11SB

Hosmer .307/.364/.491   13HR 4SB

Have them switch parks and see what happens. You lose. 

Suggested that the KC home park makes such a vast difference that Hosmer would have better stats if the two switch teams.

You definitely suggested Hosmer is better than Goldy, which is out of line IMO. Even suggesting they are equals or near equals is wrong IMO.

That said, Hosmer is still a very good 1b...just not a fantasy god like Goldy.

Well, I was trying to say he would be putting up equal value to what Goldy  was doing so far this year in a better park. My bad I guess.  Sorry StevieStats, I stand corrected, you win after all.