Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gains

2014 Season Team Defense/Kickers Thread

Best Week 1 Streamers (I'll draft 1 of these)...

All of these are home openers:

PHI v JAX

KC v TEN

DET v NYG

CHI v BUF

PIT v CLE

NYJ v OAK

STL v MIN

I think if you're going for the Kill Shot in week 1 take PHI. At home they're going to be primed for a 4-5 TD explosion in the first half and then coast the rest of the way accumulating sacks.

The safest pick has to be NYJ with OAK having to open on the opposite coast. If you want 9-10 points at least they're probably the pick - higher floor.

PHI v JAX

KC v TEN

DET v NYG

CHI v BUF

PIT v CLE

NYJ v OAK

STL v MIN

I think if you're going for the Kill Shot in week 1 take PHI. At home they're going to be primed for a 4-5 TD explosion in the first half and then coast the rest of the way accumulating sacks.

The safest pick has to be NYJ with OAK having to open on the opposite coast. If you want 9-10 points at least they're probably the pick - higher floor.

I think KC and possibly STL will be drafted before the last couple rounds in a lot of leagues.

PHI v JAX

KC v TEN

DET v NYG

CHI v BUF

PIT v CLE

NYJ v OAK

STL v MIN

I think KC and possibly STL will be drafted before the last couple rounds in a lot of leagues.

Yeah you're probably right although it's a mixed bag in mocks I've done (Y!) so far. By August things are totally different but sure - subtract those two and you still have quite a few decent choices. DET v NYG is another one with double-digit potential.

Well, picking a D is determined by how your league scores defenses. If your league deducts points for points allowed and yardage, than, I'm making a different calculation in terms of drafting a D or streaming a D. My league does not calculate points allowed, yardage, etc., just the D gets points for sacks, INTs, fumbles, TDs, and punt/KO scores. So, I'm looking for a D that gets after the passer and can get some sacks, fumbles, INTs and has some reasonable chance at punt/KO TD potential. So, a D that usually gives up a bunch of points and yardage may be off my list if I'm in a league that deducts for yardage, points, etc., because the negative points may negate any positive points.

PHI v JAX

KC v TEN

DET v NYG

CHI v BUF

PIT v CLE

NYJ v OAK

STL v MIN

Careful - I remember I picked IND at Home vs OAK and IND almost lost last year.

True^^^^^^

I remember that.

Philly has a good O but the D is nothing special either way.

Hard to know at the beginning of the year what D will be good unless it is a stud.....but then the pats and texans sucked last year.

The bucs were a sleeper that never woke up

The chiefs were so far down the list they were with the jags and Oakland

Does anyone have a link they can share with best week to week streamers? I tend to stream most of the time, unless I can nab a top tier D in my draft.

Cowboys...lol

Does anyone have a link they can share with best week to week streamers? I tend to stream most of the time, unless I can nab a top tier D in my draft.

Cowboys...lol

Yeah man i totally know what high performing D is going to be playing a terrible O at home in week 16

.......in the middle of June

Cowboys...lol

Yeah man i totally know what high performing D will be on your leagues waiver for week 16 and going to be playing a terrible O at home

Cowboys...lol

Yeah man i totally know what high performing D is going to be playing a terrible O at home in week 16

Geesh...rough morning? :P Just a discussion that's all. I realize it's only June, bit early yes...but never too early to start the discussion.

Because Defense change so much year to year (fantasy wise) I plan on drafting Houston. Because regardless of how much they suck, watching Watt and Clowney will be fun!

I'm targeting Kaepernick, but I know I don't want him in my lineup when he plays Seattle in weeks 13 and 15. Looks like Tony Romo, who plays the Eagles twice, and Eli Manning, who plays the Redskins and Jaguars, are potential backup targets for me.

But it got me thinking, who do we expect to be the really bad defenses this year? Houston's D looks better. Jags D will be a little better. The Vikings D should be a lot better. After losing Ware, Dallas looks like they could be just god-awful. I think the Bears could be bad. Anyone else?

I agree, the Cowboys should be horrific this year. They really don't have a whole lot of bright spots to look forward too.

The Redskins still do not have a back end.

I see the Bills taking a step back from losing Pettine and Byrd. Though I don't believe they will be terrible.

I see the Falcons not doing so hot.

A team to watch out for in taking a step back is the Panthers. I know they won't be awful, but not nearly as scary as last year.

Same with the Chiefs.

bears will be much improved. worst defenses will be dallas, washington, and atlanta.

Worst defenses will be dallas, washington, and atlanta.

This

NFC East is where you will find the rancid defenses.

Last year the NFC LEAST

The. NBA LEASTERN conference

Now back to NFC least still sucking

Is there some reason the east coast franchise all have to suck?

Last year the NFC LEAST

2 big reasons...

Skins paid SO much for RGIII,

and the crapola about 2 years reduced salary cap for the boys and skins. For treating an uncapped year like it was actually uncapped.

Last year the NFC LEAST

You know what has always bothered me? The Cowboys are in the Eastern conference, but the Texas Rangers are in the Western Division. And it's funny because the two stadiums are within a stone's throw from each other.

Last year the NFC LEAST

You know what has always bothered me? The Cowboys are in the Eastern conference, but the Texas Rangers are in the Western Division. And it's funny because the two stadiums are within a stone's throw from each other.

Arizona was in the NFC East before most recent realignment.

That geographic repartition is ridiculous anyway, Indianiapolis is nowhere near the south and KC nowhere near the west.

I remember when Dallas and Arizona were both in the East and St. Louis and New Orleans were in the West. The NFL hates maps.

Dallas, Arizona, Philadelphia, Indianapolis

Dallas, Arizona, Philadelphia, Indianapolis

arizona?