Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gains

2014 Season Team Defense/Kickers Thread

If you are here, I assume you do not already own Detroit, Buffalo, Seattle, or New England. (The daily leagues have really cluttered up the board this year, ugh. Fifteen questions for every answer, and half of them are, "Should I start the Lions against Jimmy Clausen?" If you don't know, then the answer is, "No, you should not be spending your time or money on fantasy football.") Okay, clearly I should not post before I drink my morning coffee.

Here's a few random thoughts on some of the likely streamers. These are not brilliant observations, but posted in the spirit of giving an opinion rather than just asking A or B? (Maybe tell why you are hemming and hawing between those two?)

BAL @ HOU: Should be owned as of last week, but possibly still out there in 10-12 teamers. Case Keenum starting? Check. I will probably go with these guys, but let me throw up a few caution flags. I prefer to stream a home team, and Houston has not been kind to opposing fantasy defenses. Ravens came up big last week, but they are running really thin with injuries. I can see Houston taking the air out of the ball, which could ensure an okay floor, but limit the ceiling. This is my favorite safe play.

GB @ TB: This is a sneaky upside play. Packers have been mediocre, and less than that on the road. But I think they are going to be playing mad and take it out on a truly hapless Bucs squad.

CAR vs CLE: Carolina has not been good on defense, and Cleveland has been stingy with points against. I expect the Browns to run and run and run. Don't chase last week's points, as Manziel will not be asked to win this thing on the road. You are hoping for 3-10 points against, two turnovers, and a couple of sacks.

STL vs NYG: Rams should already owned, but I mention them here because people are asking which side of this contest to take. I'd go with the home team with the vicious D-line against the awful O-line. I absolutely do not trust the Giants in this spot. The Rams are the better of two iffy plays.

JAX vs TEN: Again, an iffy game where you could argue both sides. I'll take the home team that's shown signs of life lately over an inept and moribund Titans squad. But do you really want to bank your season on either of these teams?

Lol, so mad at myself that I came to this thread for the first time this week. Had Packers in my lineup all week and decided to make the switch at 12:57 to the Ravens.

Granted, Flacco has been the main reason for their destruction.

The Ravens and Rams are top 5 plays, they said.

Start Parkey over Bryant, they said.

Who would have thunk this?

Would ya'll start Connor Barth or Hauschka?

I can't decide.

I think both are good but Hauschka for me.

Cody Parkey and Buffalo DST, a combined 1 POINT!!!